What Meltdown!!

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm feeling bad as we have done this many times in these games. Bad prevent defense and bad offensive and defensive play calling at the end. Sherman had 1 arm and you are not going to try him out cmon! caught us with our pants down on the extra point did not help. Our screw ups let them win they did not beat us as we beat ourselves!!! Dang!!!!! HATS OFF TO CROSBY!!

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen brother. We ourselves. I really really hate to say it but obviously the better team won. We couldn't capitalize on turnovers ans way too many mmental errors.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just so overcome with sadness that this game ended in an L that I can't even find the wherewithal to start pointing fingers... we had it...

njpackersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went into this game with low expectations. To see them relax at the 5:00 min mark and not fight is when the emotional Rollercoaster ride started. I am more PISSED losing in that fashion than being blown out.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't say the better team won as they are obviously very even, but I will say that where the Seahawks had the guts to pull off a win, we did not. At this point I'm tired of saying "there's always next year" when we were this close this year.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team can't deal with the pressure and adversity. Offense had so many excellent opportunities it didn't take advantage of. Defense went from completely dominant to absolutely awful at the end in the snap of a finger. Special teams allowed the fake fg td and obviously the onsides kick. .. two huge plays.

I'll say this...I can't stand Pete Carroll but the guy pulled this one out of his you know what with some balsy calls.

The whole team melted down at the end. I don't know of its the coaching or the players but they don't have what it takes. What changed from the 2010 team? I really don't get it

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
What stings the most is we have no one to blame but ourselves. Congrats to the seahawks for never quitting.

edit: the packers have no one to blame but themselves

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What stings the most is we have no one to blame but ourselves. Congrats to the seahawks for never quitting.

edit: the packers have no one to blame but themselves

We need a motivator on our team. While I do like the calm and cool poise, obviously that's not enough when you're against the ropes. We need some sort of hype machine. It worked for Seattle and (kind of) for Dallas.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is a joke. Plain and simple. I admit I didn't give them much of a chance to win this game. I would have much rather lost 40-0 than the loss we took today. How are you up 16-0 at half and lose the game? How are you up 19-7 with 4 minutes left and lose the game? How do you give up a 3rd and 20 conversion with the game on the line? How do you give up a 2 point conversion when their qb is running backwards and the ball floats in the air for 10 seconds and no defender contends the ball? How do you allow an onside kick recovery like that? How does the ball float right through your hands and bounce off your helmet? I'm ****ing disgusted with this team right now. Absolutely disgusted.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team can't deal with the pressure and adversity. Offense had so many excellent opportunities it didn't take advantage of. Defense went from completely dominant to absolutely awful at the end in the snap of a finger. Special teams allowed the fake fg td and obviously the onsides kick. .. two huge plays.

I'll say this...I can't stand Pete Carroll but the guy pulled this one out of his you know what with some balsy calls.

The whole team melted down at the end. I don't know of its the coaching or the players but they don't have what it takes. What changed from the 2010 team? I really don't get it

This is the thing I can't put my finger on. But this team- Rodgers, McCarthy, and on- can't get it done in big spots. Lack of confidence when the pressure is heaviest? I don't know. Just know I'm tired of other teams getting it done, and usually at our expense.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This loss goes on MM. Burnett picks Wilson and the Packers have the ball with 5 minutes left and a 12 point lead. Instead of playing to WIN like he did last week vs Dallas, MM plays to NOT LOSE and run the ball 3 times. Last week, MM had no problem with Rodgers passing the ball. Rodgers moved the ball and the Packers ran the clock out. This week, he decides to run and cost us the game in my opinion.

You have their defense on the ropes, GO FOR THE KILL. Look at the drive to tie the game, boom, boom, boom and you're in FG range. The offense can move it but MM and his stupid play calling is what cost us the game.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The 2010 was new to the scene. Playin' with house money as a six seed and of course Aaron was healthy and hot. Our defense forced MORE than enough turnovers today to win this game, I place the blame ultimately on the O's inability to convert TO's into serious points. I view performance over any given play, and the performance from the O was good, but not great. Greatness was what we needed.

Also, Aaron didn't melt down in the end. He had some hiccups along the way, but for all he's been through, he made it happen when we needed it in the last minute and a half and got us to OT. My hat goes off to him, I didn't see him quit.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is a joke. Plain and simple. I admit I didn't give them much of a chance to win this game. I would have much rather lost 40-0 than the loss we took today. How are you up 16-0 at half and lose the game? How are you up 19-7 with 4 minutes left and lose the game? How do you give up a 3rd and 20 conversion with the game on the line? How do you give up a 2 point conversion when their qb is running backwards and the ball floats in the air for 10 seconds and no defender contends the ball? How do you allow an onside kick recovery like that? How does the ball float right through your hands and bounce off your helmet? I'm ******* disgusted with this team right now. Absolutely disgusted.

You missed one... how do you slide in the middle of the field uncontested with 5 minutes and 4 timeouts left for the opposing team?

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but that onsides kick is supposed to go to Bostick right? It's set up that way I'm guessing... that's the one guy on the entire team they pick to jump up and get that ball, and he completely chokes. It's a prefect representation for this team.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also questioning Morgan Burnett's interception and then just falling on the ground. I know he is supposed to do that and if the Packers win this game no one questions it. But it didn't look like there were any players around him, I wonder how many yards he would have gotten if he had kept running. Chances are very unlikely that he fumbles it away, so then we get yards and at least kick a FG? Game over. But oh well, I'll question every thing. This team ****** me off. I'm out of here. Won't be back for a few months at least. ****ing team

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is a joke. Plain and simple. I admit I didn't give them much of a chance to win this game. I would have much rather lost 40-0 than the loss we took today. How are you up 16-0 at half and lose the game? How are you up 19-7 with 4 minutes left and lose the game? How do you give up a 3rd and 20 conversion with the game on the line? How do you give up a 2 point conversion when their qb is running backwards and the ball floats in the air for 10 seconds and no defender contends the ball? How do you allow an onside kick recovery like that? How does the ball float right through your hands and bounce off your helmet? I'm ******* disgusted with this team right now. Absolutely disgusted.

No team playing in the NFC championship game is a joke. Yes, it was a bad end, but no need to overreact.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't say the better team won as they are obviously very even

This is very wrong. The Packers were DOMINATED by the Seattle D today. If Seattle doesn't make mistakes today - if they don't turn the ball over - then we lose 22-0. Yeah, our offense sucked so bad today we would have been shut out if it weren't for all those turnovers.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2010 team snuck up on everyone, no one was prepared for them. After that everyone in the league and their mom figured out how to beat MM teams.

Rickbbg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree on the play calling. You don't take the ball out of your MVP quarterbacks hands for six plays in a row at the end of the game and expect to win!

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also questioning Morgan Burnett's interception and then just falling on the ground. I know he is supposed to do that and if the Packers win this game no one questions it. But it didn't look like there were any players around him, I wonder how many yards he would have gotten if he had kept running. Chances are very unlikely that he fumbles it away, so then we get yards and at least kick a FG? Game over. But oh well, I'll question every thing. This team ****** me off. I'm out of here. Won't be back for a few months at least. ******* team

Supposed to do that with a minute left maybe but not 5 minutes left. Nice play by him but then he chokes a little. They all chooked at the end.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Aaron didn't melt down in the end. He had some hiccups along the way, but for all he's been through, he made it happen when we needed it in the last minute and a half and got us to OT. My hat goes off to him, I didn't see him quit.
I think Rodgers was off his game ever since Buffalo. He just didn't play well for several weeks. All this talk about Rodgers being the best QB in the league - it's a joke. He was overthrowing and throwing behind receivers a lot the last few weeks. He was dominated by the Seattle D again today. If he didn't get a short field on several possessions today, the Packers might have been shut out.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except during the 13 games they won this year....

What is your point? Here you can give the Packers the regular season award, bnt at this point we expect to make the playoffs every year but the way they lose these games are pathetic. Up 12 points with 5 minutes to go and you find a way to let it go to OT. They had the Seahawks beat today, with 5 minutes left, and they find a way to lose.

At this point, something has to change. There is something missing, something wrong with this coaching staff. Why the F would you not throw to Sherman after he had what looks like a broken hand/arm.?!!?! Or better yet run to his side and force him to do something with his injured arm??

MM isn't that good of a coach, and the way they let them back into the game proved that.

Members online

Latest posts