What McGahee would have cost the Packers.

Reaction score
Using the NFL draft pick value chart that GMs use:

Ravens gave up a 3rd rounder this year (worth 128 points), 7th rounder this year (worth 4 points), and a 3rd rounder next year (worth 128 points) for a total value of 260 points.

Going by that model, the Packers would have had to give up their 3rd round pick this year (worth 190 points) and a 4th round pick NEXT YEAR (worth 70 points) for a total value of 260 points.

NFL DRAFT PICK VALUE CHART

Taking into account that McGhaee's new conract (7.5 million guaranteed) is a 6 year extension worth 37.965 million, which could be made a 4 year extension worth 20.42 million dollars with a 4 million dollar cap hit, spread over two seasons, if the final two years were voided.

Essentially, it is a deal which pays McGahee his bonus in the first two years and he later years are just higher base salaries ala Charles Woodson. That means it would be easier to reduce McGhaee's salary in the later years.

Would you have made the trade for McGahee given the above info (hopefully you can understand the contract workings) and taking into account McGhaee's personality?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not, but it is roughly the equivalent of 190 +90

EDIT- now MY **** has errors. i will leave my post as-is as my silent-protest.... i hope you're happy.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I wouldn't have. McGahee just hasn't been the big play back people thought he would be. I would rather the Pack try and maneuver to pick up Marshawn Lynch at #16, or a Tony Hunt or Michael Bush in round 2.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts