What makes people think that Rodgers...

Rom

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes people think Rodgers is better than Farve? Regardless of any other excuse, Green Bay has not gotten anywhere with Rodgers yet, and Rodgers has not accomplished ANYTHING even CLOSE to what Farve has, Rodgers will Never be as good a QB as Farve was, not even close, not even in the same realm of thought.

With that said I am not even saying Rodgers is not incredibly good, but I think there are about 50% of packers fans that hate Brett so much, even though YOU MADE HIM LEAVE, for going to the Vikings so he would have a chance to win another Championship in his career that you people cannot admit the truth. Hanging on to Rodgers replacing your wonder boy as making it all ok is all some of you can do, and I feel terrible for you.

Rodgers is a good QB, but stop comparing him to Brett, because he is gone, not comin back, and he may well use his two wins over your team to propel his team to a first round bye and go win a SuperBowl because yalll annointed your new guy.

I am not even a Packers fan, but I am a fan of Farve because the guy is still pullin out last minute wins like he was when you guys respected him.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
LT...Care to answer why that is the PERCEPTION of alot of people out there?

I mean..alot of people think that...so there has to be some validity to it. Can you explain that?

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said Rodgers is better than Favre? I'll call horseshit on that one. The facts in this case speak for themselves.

At this point in his career, he is woefully lacking and doesn't make a pimple on Favre's *******.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LT...Care to answer why that is the PERCEPTION of alot of people out there?

I mean..alot of people think that...so there has to be some validity to it. Can you explain that?

How in the HELL am I suppose to answer for these people?

Your the one that is thinking that way, so why don't you answer it?

AzPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes people think Rodgers is better than Farve? Regardless of any other excuse, Green Bay has not gotten anywhere with Rodgers yet, and Rodgers has not accomplished ANYTHING even CLOSE to what Farve has, Rodgers will Never be as good a QB as Farve was, not even close, not even in the same realm of thought.

What makes people think Romo is better than Aikman? Regardless of any other excuse, Dallas has not gotten anywhere with Romo yet, and Romo has not accomplished ANYTHING even CLOSE to what Aikman has, Romo will Never be as good a QB as Aikman was, not even close, not even in the same realm of thought.:shock:

RobsPics

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes people think Romo is better than Aikman? Regardless of any other excuse, Dallas has not gotten anywhere with Romo yet, and Romo has not accomplished ANYTHING even CLOSE to what Aikman has, Romo will Never be as good a QB as Aikman was, not even close, not even in the same realm of thought.:shock:

Your analogy would be appropriate only if Romo replaced Aikman. :shock:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Rodgers is not better than Favre. That's clear. One has been in the league for 17 years, and the other for 2.

2) Anyone who says that Rodgers will NEVER be better than Favre needs to tell me what the lotery number will be, or at least pass me what they're smoking.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodger's looked absolutely fantastic in the preseason and during certain games. Also he doesn't give up a big interception or many interceptions period. It is hard to judge Rodgers at this point because of the dismal state that the Packers are in right now.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is what I'm TALKING about, the fantasy vs. REALITY..

Rodgers threw 3 PICKS last game...that I started calling him "Sacky McPick"...

He threw at least 3 GAME ENDING PICKS last year....

He's been in the NFL..what now, 4 or 5 years?

Not two.....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not two.....
You really want to make a case that Rodgers throws too many picks??? Quality humor right there... Because I *might* show you a stat of how a former great GBP QB threw 24 picks opposed to 19 tds in his second year as a starter...

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not two.....
Doesnt matter that he has been in the NFL for four or five years.... The fact is this is his 2nd year starting. I have yet to hear people say Rodgers is as good as Favre. You simply cant compare the two, as Favre has been in the League for years and years (17?) And this is only Rodgers 2nd year as a starter. When he played against Dallas in 07 he played very well and showed people that once Favre leaves he is a QB they can trust.

No QB is perfect their first year or two thats for sure. Even Matt Ryan is struggling alot this year. The reason Atlanta has one more win then Green Bay does is because they have faced the likes of Carolina, and Washington.... Both teams I think Green Bay would smash.

Aaron Rodgers, has a rocket of a throw, good accuracy, and can scramble like none other.... His one error that he has to work on is sometimes he hangs on to the ball to long.

Brett Favre's first 3 years as a starter the team went 9-7 all three years.. And also Green Bay had a very good defense at that time.... If you look at alot of the Packers wins at that time, I think 5 or 6 out of their 9 wins only required them to put up 24 points or less on the board to win. This year Green Bay has lost to Minnesota even when they put up 26 points, lost to Tampa even though they had 4 touchdowns in the game.

Even last year look how many games they lost even though they put up alot of points on the board. Atlanta 24, Minnesota 27, Saints 29, Carolina 31. There was alot of games last year where people said Aaron Rodgers didnt make enough plays to win the game, but alot of that can be pushed on the defense to.... Especially the Carolina game last year.

You cant argue Brett Favre is better... Because he is, but he has also had what 17 years of practice.... Rodgers is a future QB IMO that will be extremely good. He has showed some very good talent, he just needs to learn how to get rid of the ball quicker...

I dont think you can compare Rodgers first year to Brett's first year also is a bit unfair.... Favre's first year with Green Bay they lost to a ton of bad teams, Bears, Atlanta, the Browns, the Giants at that time were bad... All those teams had a losing record.

Last year when Green Bay finished 6-10 they lost to the likes of Dallas 9-7 who started the year off super hot, Tampa 9-7 who also started off extremely good I think they were 9-3 before they lost their last four, Atlata 11-5, Tennessee 13-3, Minnesota 10-6, Carolina 12-4, Houston 8-8... All those games by the way they lost by a touchdown or less(except Dallas)... Green Bay had a very tough schedule last year.... And this year although they are 4-4 I still have them finishing the year 9-7..

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
You really want to make a case that Rodgers throws too many picks??? Quality humor right there... Because I *might* show you a stat of how a former great GBP QB threw 24 picks opposed to 19 tds in his second year as a starter...

That's a "modified truth" ... - Granted one could argue that Favre's starting year was 1993 (9-7, 318/522 - 19 TD 24 INT), however ... he did play 15 games in 1992 - Started in 13 of those ... (8-5 302/471 - 18 TD 13 INT) as well ..., so one could as also argue that Favre's "starting year" was 1992 and not 1993 ...

- Yet looking at the roster and the team stats ... You could argue that the Packers at this point were also rebuilding and restructuring ... coming from a 6-10 (1990), 4-12 (1991) then starting the "non-losing" "Era" with 1992 ending 9-7, and not recording a losing season again, untill another "rebuild era" started in 2005 ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a "modified truth" ... - Granted one could argue that Favre's starting year was 1993 (9-7, 318/522 - 19 TD 24 INT), however ... he did play 15 games in 1992 - Started in 13 of those ... (8-5 302/471 - 18 TD 13 INT) as well ..., so one could as also argue that Favre's "starting year" was 1992 and not 1993 ...

- Yet looking at the roster and the team stats ... You could argue that the Packers at this point were also rebuilding and restructuring ... coming from a 6-10 (1990), 4-12 (1991) then starting the "non-losing" "Era" with 1992 ending 9-7, and not recording a losing season again, untill another "rebuild era" started in 2005 ...
I said SECOND year, not first year...

And I didn't say Brett Favre played poorly, as I don't say that Rodgers is playing poorly. They both were/are at early stages in their career, and both showed A LOT more promise than errors.

Personally, I have almost the same feeling with Rodgers that I had with Brett... It's different, because when Brett came, there wasn't any memorable Qbs of the Packers (yeah, Maj, ****ey, they were not memorable Qbs...). And with Rodgers, it's just after Favre.

But both gave/give me a sentiment that we have someone at the helm who could do great.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Doesnt matter that he has been in the NFL for four or five years.... The fact is this is his 2nd year starting. I have yet to hear people say Rodgers is as good as Favre. You simply cant compare the two, as Favre has been in the League for years and years (17?) And this is only Rodgers 2nd year as a starter. When he played against Dallas in 07 he played very well and showed people that once Favre leaves he is a QB they can trust.

No QB is perfect their first year or two thats for sure. Even Matt Ryan is struggling alot this year. The reason Atlanta has one more win then Green Bay does is because they have faced the likes of Carolina, and Washington.... Both teams I think Green Bay would smash.

Aaron Rodgers, has a rocket of a throw, good accuracy, and can scramble like none other.... His one error that he has to work on is sometimes he hangs on to the ball to long.

Brett Favre's first 3 years as a starter the team went 9-7 all three years.. And also Green Bay had a very good defense at that time.... If you look at alot of the Packers wins at that time, I think 5 or 6 out of their 9 wins only required them to put up 24 points or less on the board to win. This year Green Bay has lost to Minnesota even when they put up 26 points, lost to Tampa even though they had 4 touchdowns in the game.

Even last year look how many games they lost even though they put up alot of points on the board. Atlanta 24, Minnesota 27, Saints 29, Carolina 31. There was alot of games last year where people said Aaron Rodgers didnt make enough plays to win the game, but alot of that can be pushed on the defense to.... Especially the Carolina game last year.

You cant argue Brett Favre is better... Because he is, but he has also had what 17 years of practice.... Rodgers is a future QB IMO that will be extremely good. He has showed some very good talent, he just needs to learn how to get rid of the ball quicker...

I dont think you can compare Rodgers first year to Brett's first year also is a bit unfair.... Favre's first year with Green Bay they lost to a ton of bad teams, Bears, Atlanta, the Browns, the Giants at that time were bad... All those teams had a losing record.

Last year when Green Bay finished 6-10 they lost to the likes of Dallas 9-7 who started the year off super hot, Tampa 9-7 who also started off extremely good I think they were 9-3 before they lost their last four, Atlata 11-5, Tennessee 13-3, Minnesota 10-6, Carolina 12-4, Houston 8-8... All those games by the way they lost by a touchdown or less(except Dallas)... Green Bay had a very tough schedule last year.... And this year although they are 4-4 I still have them finishing the year 9-7..

92 --Tampa, Bears and Lions ALL were 5-11 or 15-33
93--

92- wins...Points needed for a win 24, 4, 14, 25, 4,15, 11, 15, 14..
Average of only needing 14 points to win a game

93 points needed to win, 7, 28, 15, 4, 18, 18, 11, 14,1..
Average of 12.8 points needed to win

94 points needed to win, 11, 4, 18, 7,31, 11, 4, 18,20...
Average of 13.7 points needed to win

Green Bay Packers History

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I said SECOND year, not first year...

And I didn't say Brett Favre played poorly, as I don't say that Rodgers is playing poorly. They both were/are at early stages in their career, and both showed A LOT more promise than errors.

Personally, I have almost the same feeling with Rodgers that I had with Brett... It's different, because when Brett came, there wasn't any memorable Qbs of the Packers (yeah, Maj, ****ey, they were not memorable Qbs...). And with Rodgers, it's just after Favre.

But both gave/give me a sentiment that we have someone at the helm who could do great.

I know you said second year ... - Which is why I said it was a "modied" truth, because it can be argued both ways, in terms of which season was the "Starting season" ... :)

And I agree ... It's never easy to replace a "Living Legend", no matter who you are ... But taking all that aside ... From an overall team perspective, I would say that Favre did play "below paar" in his first couple of years ...

- However there is a difference ... - Favre didn't have the opportunity to sit behind a seasoned leader and veteran for a couple of seasons, like Rodgers ..., and that is one of the main reasons why I just don't understand Rodgers atm ...

Romo too sat behind a seasoned leader and "veteran" before coming into the games as well, before giving the starting job ... And even though the Cowboys haven't "produced" yet in the play-offs that is one example where it actually paid off ... - Whereas in Rodgers case ... I am beginning to think (hindsight is 20/20), he would have benefitted more from just being thrown in there (like Favre) ...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is far more talented than what it was back in 1992-94.

Why can't we all just get along?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you said second year ... - Which is why I said it was a "modied" truth, because it can be argued both ways, in terms of which season was the "Starting season" ... :)

And I agree ... It's never easy to replace a "Living Legend", no matter who you are ... But taking all that aside ... From an overall team perspective, I would say that Favre did play "below paar" in his first couple of years ...

- However there is a difference ... - Favre didn't have the opportunity to sit behind a seasoned leader and veteran for a couple of seasons, like Rodgers ..., and that is one of the main reasons why I just don't understand Rodgers atm ...

Romo too sat behind a seasoned leader and "veteran" before coming into the games as well, before giving the starting job ... And even though the Cowboys haven't "produced" yet in the play-offs that is one example where it actually paid off ... - Whereas in Rodgers case ... I am beginning to think (hindsight is 20/20), he would have benefitted more from just being thrown in there (like Favre) ...
Reports indicate that Favre actually never sat down with any qb to help him... So playing behind Favre had no real influence on Rodgers. Favre, himself, said that the way he does things probably only work for him, thus shouldn't be imitated.

So there's no real difference between watching film on Favre and being his backup...

The argument that he has been with the same OC, HC and QB Coach for 5 years, however, is a more solid one. But playing time and studying is VERY different.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Reports indicate that Favre actually never sat down with any qb to help him... So playing behind Favre had no real influence on Rodgers. Favre, himself, said that the way he does things probably only work for him, thus shouldn't be imitated.

So there's no real difference between watching film on Favre and being his backup...

The argument that he has been with the same OC, HC and QB Coach for 5 years, however, is a more solid one. But playing time and studying is VERY different.

Half of a any QB's rehearsal is watching film ... - Taking (be those written or mentally) notes on tendencies, of your WR's and the opposing defenders ... - As back-ups, this includes watching the starting qb play, watching film etc etc ... - this also includes meetings and "study-sessions" with your wide recievers ... - then translating these to the practise field.

Even while in NY and Now Minnesota, in both places, people have been saying that they have seldom seen any person and player who watches as many films and reruns as Favre ...

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isnt this topic old? And arent you guys tired of talking about it? And for everyones answers and arguments, reference the 10,000 other posts that include or are exclusively for this topic.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Your analogy would be appropriate only if Romo replaced Aikman. :shock:

Romo HAS replaced Aikman. Is Aikman there? No. Is Romo? Yes.

Your next post will attempt to convince people that you DO know what in the sam-of-hell you're talking about, in spite of your quoted post.

RobsPics

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Romo HAS replaced Aikman. Is Aikman there? No. Is Romo? Yes.

Your next post will attempt to convince people that you DO know what in the sam-of-hell you're talking about, in spite of your quoted post.

Wrong...Romo replaced Bledsoe.

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isnt this topic old? And arent you guys tired of talking about it? And for everyones answers and arguments, reference the 10,000 other posts that include or are exclusively for this topic.
Agreed!! Its completely ridiculous to try and prove which QB is better.... The Packers in 1993 were a completely different team then now... Rodgers is an excellent young QB who will take this team to at least an 8-8 season this year, and will only get better... Considering the numbers he puts up and its only his second year is extremely impressive, and the fact that we are even talking about comparing him to favre one of the best QB's of all time is even more impressive.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering the numbers he puts up and its only his second year is extremely impressive, and the fact that we are even talking about comparing him to favre one of the best QB's of all time is even more impressive.
LOL either that or diluisional

Members online

Latest posts