What made this win especially ugly . . .

OP
OP
LZ13

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again we don't know the facts. Maybe you have more inside info?
The one thing I saw was an "oh crap I really screwed up by OK'ing that play" look on MM's face after that botched special teams fiasco. Did not see anybody chewing out Cobb after that play.

OP
OP
LZ13

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy win? Why? I have absolutely no problem with this win. The officiating was bush league on both sides.

We have the ball with a first down at their 37 yd line (when Grant fumbles), a 21-7 lead, with 5 min left in the 3rd. Meanwhile, our D is shutting them down, their D is gassed, and Cutler can not complete a thing. Yes, we were on our way to an easy win. I don't have a problem with the win either, just the finish of it, and having to listen to Bears fans complaining about it for years to come when in fact the better team came out with the W.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
quote="LZ13, post: 478126, member: 7222"]The one thing I saw was an "oh crap I really screwed up by OK'ing that play" look on MM's face after that botched special teams fiasco. Did not see anybody chewing out Cobb after that play.[/quote]

Have you seen Mike chewing out a guy on the sidelines? I've seen him exasperated a few times.

Let's not loose sight of the prize in all this. We won't advance far in the playoffs with ******** calls or excecution like this. We allowed a far inferior team to hang around with questionable calls and mistakes. We need a kicker and better playcalling.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The one thing I saw was an "oh crap I really screwed up by OK'ing that play" look on MM's face after that botched special teams fiasco. Did not see anybody chewing out Cobb after that play.
He was probably thinking DAMN I will get roasted in a packer threads...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We have the ball with a first down at their 37 yd line (when Grant fumbles), a 21-7 lead, with 5 min left in the 3rd. Meanwhile, our D is shutting them down, their D is gassed, and Cutler can not complete a thing. Yes, we were on our way to an easy win. I don't have a problem with the win either, just the finish of it, and having to listen to Bears fans complaining about it for years to come when in fact the better team came out with the W.

It all balances out. #17 should have been called for a 15 yard penalty but instead was awarded a 25 yard PI. They scored on that drive. It was the biggest BS call since Week 3. Besides, who cares what they have to say about anything? They know they (still) suck.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
On the + side, the messed up punt return will force other teams to practice against it and also divide coverage the next time they show the same look. This should give Cobb fewer players to evade.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what the call was or what the options were and I'm sticking to it. It was a dumb play no matter. You can't be a Champion with this dumb ****.

The Packers have some issues to work through, including the continued struggles of place-kicker Mason Crosby, who missed from 42 and 43 yards Sunday. McCarthy's own hubris helped the Bears keep Sunday's game close; afterward McCarthy admitted that his ill-fated decision to approve a trick play on a fourth-quarter punt return was "clearly not the highlight of my coaching career."

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is the head coach. It's a lateral play on a punt up by 11 with 7 minutes left. Plays like that don't happen with the head coach watching in surprise. He most certainly approved it.

There's no chance Cobb does that all by himself.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. This was a good win. Nothing more. Nothing less. Start watching football.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any bad call against the Bears is a good call in my mind. I love it when the Bears fans are whining. The game shouldn't have been close, but we won. Good enough.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You know what complaining about bad call is? It's complaining your team isn't good enough.
Bad calls happen to all teams. Have you ever heard a winning team's fans complaining about bad officiating?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Why on earth would you listen to Bears fans? They complain when the wind changes direction.
They lost and they know it. They'll whine for a bit but they know they got their behinds handed to them by a superior team. I'm kind of glad it was close, makes their misery more intense.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to get help from the refs on the missed PI call on us. The personal foul on Peppers was borderline as well. True that they missed the offensive facemask PI that could have prevented a score, and true that I think the better team won, but it still sucks to have to win that way.

Should have been an easy win.
Getting kinda greedy, don't ya think? What are we like 9-2 vs the Bears in the last 11 games? These games are always hard fought, regardless of the records. Regarding the PI's called on Jeffreys, I think that the Bears brought that on themselves. If anyone watched Bears vs Lions last week, Marshall was BLATANTLY pushing off on many of his catches. I'm talking one or both arms FULLY extended. The league takes notes on a weekly basis and teams are very good at reminding the officiating crews before the game of just what the other team will try to get away with.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I had predicted this would be a typical Bear-Packer game. It is a street fight. Has nothing to do with our records or who is more talented. It has to do with the intangibles. Penalties and inane plays are always remembered in these contests if you can call them that.

Peppers did clearly launch. His feet were off the ground. It's called a penalty. But it is not the call that is bad. It is the rule that is bad. A rule that supports play it safe football.
I am so glad the replacement refs were not there yesterday or the outcome would definitely have gone the other way.
The offensive calls against the Bear rookie were correct. It is just that you are lucky to only get one called. We got all 3. NFL network mentioned that Cutler should have gone to Marshall even in double coverage because it is highly unlikely they would call it on him even if he had it coming.

But this is vindication. Shields was the victim of two missed offensive INT calls in Seattle that sealed the deal. This time they got it right!

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to get help from the refs on the missed PI call on us. The personal foul on Peppers was borderline as well. True that they missed the offensive facemask PI that could have prevented a score, and true that I think the better team won, but it still sucks to have to win that way.

Should have been an easy win.

And we got jobbed in Seattle too. About time we get a call or 2

H

HardRightEdge

A comment on the Shields "tug" on Jeffery:

Shields shut down Jeffery in the first meeting...1 catch for 7 yards. He was shutting him down again through the third quarter...zero catches. Jeffery got frustrated that Shields was on him all day, all year like white on rice, so he resorted to push offs for separation...still zero catches.

After all that, the Bears or their fans can't complain about a little tug...when somebody owns your a*s, complaining about a little ticky tack just makes you sound like a little b*tch.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they clearly favored us, but it was shame that it came down to ref calls after we shot ourselves in the foot multiple times with the game in hand. I missed the helmet to helmet on Peppers - if that is what happened then it was a good call. As I said, the right team won.
I don't think it was helmet to helmet. Peppers was a couple feet away & jumped to hit Rongers before he threw it. It was close. Don't forget the holding on the last play by Shields. We've had so many bad calls go against us it's about time we get some for us

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
The fact that Marshall gets away with all his pushoffs, And Jeffries had two MORE blatant ones NOT called. And the mere fact that Aikman, who apparently hates the Packers, always seem to be the announcer during a lot of Packers games. He ALWAYS argues I don't see any penalty there if it's a Packers opponent, and screams that should have been a penalty on the Packers if no flag is thrown on them. I love when he and Buck were arguing about the Peppers roughing the passer penalty. Aikman say until the last that HE saw no penalty. Then he pretty much had to shut up when Buck said you can't launch yourself at a QB and leave your feet, and he also hit Rogers pretty high with a helmet,

Members online

Latest posts