1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What kind of car do you have?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Aug 16, 2005.

1. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    2006 Pontiac Grand Am
    1997 F-150 4X4

Oh, and 4packgirl, I bought a mini-van for my wife a few years back. It was a Ford Windstar and we loved it as a family. When you have real little ones, you can't beat traveling in one of those. We traded it off and bought our grand am now that they are a little bigger.

2. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Me :)

My wife and I were strongly anti-minivan that's why we got the jeep. It has a third row so it can seat 7 if needed. Otherwise we leave it folded down for road trips so the dogs have somewhere to lay for the drive. We have a hitch hauler that we stick on the back to haul our suitcases, coolers etc. Worked out pretty well for our WI trip this year.

This is gonna he hella sweet when you get it done! Even more amazing is that you found yours after all this time, very cool!

3. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan, funny thing was I had already found 2 identical vehicles, rust free, in Cali and Colorado and was far enough along to begin determining transport rates. Then, I find my old vehicle a week or so later and I had to do it....rust (lots of rust) and all. It was the first vehicle I ever did, and what lit my fire, as it were, about old cars and bikes. Yeah, replacement panels and rust repair is a lot of work, but the sentimental value and history is worth it.

Bikes: 1974 Triumph Trident (triple 750, precursor to the modern 900 speed triple)

1963 Harley Davidson Super-10...bought as a basketcase, built as a "bob" style chopper. Single cylinder 165cc two-stroke, and, the motor is Milwaukee made (only made small displacement 2 strokes in Milw for a couple years before "tagging" Italian imports with the HD name.) A classic!!

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not a big "old car enthusiast" but that is an amazing story. The fact that you found it and it was still titled to you is incredible. When you are done you could probably sell your story to one of those TV car shows. Keep records and pictures of the restoration process because people aren't going to believe you!!

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I drive a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT and my wife has a 2000 Grand Am and a Chrysler LeBaron convertible she drives for fun. The convertible is white with a deep burgundy interior, spinner hub caps and burgundy pin stripes along the sides.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah me too. But that's mainly because I buy project beaters lol

7. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DePack...I have but one photo of the original vehicle with me posing against it in all my feathered 1984 hairstyle glory...vehicle loaded to the roof with all my earthly possessions as I prepare to head off to college. I have taken many photos and will catalog the entire restoration process as it is a cool story. I would never have found the sucker had I not moved to the Twin Cities. I travel through the Eau Claire, WI area (where I went to school....yes, I am the product of the state U system...can you believe it??) as I return to visit family. Passing a big junkyard, which is like shiny stuff to a packrat for me, I saw my vehicle and knew instantly I was in for a big job.

8. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    So something good CAN come from moving to Minnesota? :lol:

9. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    that is an awesome story, digsy!!

before my dad passed away, he was seriously thinking about trickin out his old studebaker pick-up truck. he originally wanted it to look "stock" but then decided to do a low-rider, custom deal. unfortunately, when he got sick with cancer, that dream went by the wayside. right now, we have pieces/parts from 2 different studebakers & my hubbys dream is to trick out the truck in memory of my dad. i'll tell him your story & maybe that'll be the incentive he needs to really get it done.

thanks, buddy.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    OOOOH 4pack! If he gets it done, i want a ride in it!!!

Now.......my dream vehicle would be a Jeep. Not a Cherokee, but like a Wrangler 4X4. My friend had one, and we went places with that thing that you wouldn't think you could get through. (Sometimes we didn't!) Sometimes we would have to walk back to camp, and wait till daylight to dig the Jeep out. It was NEVER a dull moment, but lots of fun.

11. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I got a Dodge Dakota 2003 for around town. I drive a 1989 New Yorker for work. Back in the 70's I had a couple of vans that I fixed up and had looking like a conversion van of now.

12. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Commonly referred to as a "f@ck truck" back in the day.

Did you have THE bumper sticker...you know which one......

"If this van's rockin', don't come knockin'...it may be your daughter."

13. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    nope, he had "A$$, Gas, or Grass. No one rides for free."

nice.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    NOW the bumper sticker would read: "GAS!!! (The other two i can afford on my own!)"
    LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

15. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    2002 Saturn and the model is SL1.

16. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Boy that brings back menories,we went camping with 3000 vans or more in Bowling Green Kentucky in 76. The whole town was nothing but vans all thru town. Been many years since I owned one.... :rotflmao: :pals: