What is your favorite Packer moment?

What is your favorite GB Packer moment?

• Total voters

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is your favorite Packer moment?
I was listening to a Green and Gold podcast and he brought up some of my favorite moments so I thought I'd see what other Packer fans would come up with.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
First thing that pops in my mind , is seeing Donald Driver after winning the Super Bowl...thats number 1 for sure...

I can't go without saying how awesome the team has been handling this win,... I LOVE the way they are handling themselves publicly with all the crazy questions aimed at tripping them up!

Oh... Before this win, it would of been seeing LeRoy Butler doing the first Lambeau Leap!!!
12's belt will be going down in history as well!

OP
OP
Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know there are SO MANY Packer moments but these were the ones given by the announcer on the Green and Gold podcast and others.

My personal favorite is the Wayne Simmons forced fumble. That was the moment that I thought that the Packers were no longer an average team after so many years.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Somehow it's kind of hard to beat Rodgers kneeling on the ball with seconds left in Superbowl XLV.

Although Reggie running around the field holding up the Lombardi was close.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
*let it be known...there was no poll when I made my first post!!! :blink: LOL!!!

** or maybe I scrolled too fast to comment! :blush:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
well now how cool is that?? ^^^^^ That would of been my vote if I saw the poll before babbling! So I was pretty much commited to "other"!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was there too. I was SO COLD but felt hot as hell after that play. Wooo Hooo! :yahoo:
******* coldest place I've ever been in my life. And I've seen glaciers in Chile and I've been to Ushuaia, one of the closest places to the South Pole on Earth.

My father says that, when he was an exchange student, he arrived at the airport in Wisconsin, it was late 60's, and it was freezing as hell, something like 0 or -10.

I couldn't fathom that till I attended the game. And I gotta say, I'm not gonna complain here, but those bleachers didn't help the cold. I had heard that Lambeau had bleachers, but I still got a bit surprised by it.

It was a great time, nonetheless.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm going with Favre's bomb to Andre Rison to start the Super Bowl off. I was 14 years old then, and I thought that was best thing ever at my age.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starr's sneak without a doubt. I think the interception at the end of the Bears game by Shields is my second favorite. There's nothing much sweeter than knocking the Bears out of the Championship, unless it's putting us IN the Championship.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8pJlCJjrrU"]YouTube - Sam Shields interceptions / picks vs. Bears in the NFC Championship Game[/ame]

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are so many great Packer moments and it is hard to single out one. If I had to, it would be Starr's TD sneak on the frozen tundra, because it is so iconic. The Ice Bowl is legendary in NFL lore and that play/image is indelibly etched into most every football fan's mind.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me it was the INTs in the playoff games.
If I had to pick (Ha!) just one, it would be Tramon Williams pick 6 against the Falcons.
That was the turning point of that game and it showed me that we would be unbeatable against a team they lost to just a few weeks ago.
And it was sweet to see the INT trend continue against smelly arm PITTSburgh in the SB.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're so many favorite moments over the years but the one that always sticks out in mind is the 1989 game against the Bears when Majkowski threw the controversial TD to Sharpe in the end zone. We sucked during the 80's and that year we went 10-6. It was so exciting to beat the Bears that way.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
For me it was the INTs in the playoff games.
If I had to pick (Ha!) just one, it would be Tramon Williams pick 6 against the Falcons.
That was the turning point of that game and it showed me that we would be unbeatable against a team they lost to just a few weeks ago.
And it was sweet to see the INT trend continue against smelly arm PITTSburgh in the SB.

Ha ha...love the "smelly" reference.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams forcing Roethlisberger's 4th down pass to be incomplete.

I loves the Desmond Howard KR because that sealed that Super Bowl.

But I wanted this one even more, and being at the game, it was even more special. Plus I had 65,000 Steeler fans around me I could sing Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Adios!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're so many favorite moments over the years but the one that always sticks out in mind is the 1989 game against the Bears when Majkowski threw the controversial TD to Sharpe in the end zone. We sucked during the 80's and that year we went 10-6. It was so exciting to beat the Bears that way.
Your post reminded me of this game winner by kicker Chester Marcol.
From Wikki:
He may best be known for his game-winning touchdown against the Chicago Bears on 7 September 1980. On opening day of the 1980 NFL season, the Packers were tied with the Bears 6-6 in overtime. A 32-yard pass from Lynn ****ey to James Lofton helped set up a 34-yard attempt to win the game for the Packers. Marcol's kick was blocked and came straight back to his facemask. He caught the ball and ran around the startled Bears in what appeared to be sheer fright. Marcol was able to run 25 yards into the end-zone to give the Packers a 12-6 victory.[2]
I watched it on a tiny color TV and it's one of my best memories.

You can read more about Chester here:
Chester Marcol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
OP
Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's another one I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet: Antonio Freeman's AMAZING catch on Monday Night Football against the Vikings. This was actually voted best play of the NFL on Fox by the fans.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmm... what about this :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTLlaMY_9PM]YouTube - Jim McMahon body slammed by Charles Martin Bears Packers 1986[/ame]

Members online

Latest posts