What is with Robert Ferguson?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4 HUGE mistakes by him. The biggest was not catching the last one, which lead to an interception. He has been jawing for weeks about getting a shot at proving his worth. Well he showed us what he was worth. He's worth a 6 round pick if we're lucky.

Bosox21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think after Darius hit him last season he's afraid to go after any tough catches, cause he might get hurt.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you, Bosox. I think he's suffering from aftereffects of last year's injury. I remember Donald Driver being a little gun-shy for awhile after suffering a neck injury early in the 2003 season. But the difference with Ferguson is that we've heard a lot of talk without it being backed up. Whatever the reason, his failure to step up has been very costly for the Packers this season. At least he played well in the first half today. But one half is not enough.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
4 HUGE mistakes by him. The biggest was not catching the last one, which lead to an interception. He has been jawing for weeks about getting a shot at proving his worth. Well he showed us what he was worth. He's worth a 6 round pick if we're lucky.

Second time he and another guy went up for a pass and the other guy came down with it, right?

PackerTraxx said:
The problem is we didn't take Chris Chambers instead.

This isn't just to you but to everyone who keeps saying this. We could have gotten a lot of other players, but we didn't. Get over it already.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I agree. He has the perfect opportunity to step up with Walker hurt, but I don't see him fighting for the ball as hard as Walker and Driver do. Some lazy route running at times too. The ball he short-armed against the Lions the other week was telling in my opinion.

spillage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This must begin to influence Brett's decisions on who he is going to throw to. You could see alot of frustation with the dropped ball on the sideline pass, and then later the route that was stopped short, almost yielding an interception. What did the announcers see that they felt Robert was really picking up the pace today? They said this a few times.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson is light years away from a Javon Walker playmaking capability, he is not going to be the solution, even Chatman beats him as a receiver because Chatman is willing to die in every chance they throw the ball at him and Fergy isn´t.... I hope one of the young receivers steps up..

Fergy also has been very happy using his big mouth, he must understand that the best way to probe himself is the oposite, shut up make good plays and the others will talk for you everyday.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
tromadz said:

Second time he and another guy went up for a pass and the other guy came down with it, right?

PackerTraxx said:
The problem is we didn't take Chris Chambers instead.

This isn't just to you but to everyone who keeps saying this. We could have gotten a lot of other players, but we didn't. Get over it already.

I'll never get over it.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bosox21 said:
I think after Darius hit him last season he's afraid to go after any tough catches, cause he might get hurt.

I would follow this thought as well....

It certainly DID look as if he was gun-shy throughout the whole game and Brett was NONE too happy about it on several occasions.....

Yet - just the same - when Brett reviews film - as he should ....

He'll find at least twice, when Terence Murphy was WIDE OPEN in the flat near the End Zone and instead, Brett threw it at (guess who?) Ferguson. --- Meaning, was THAT the designed play call? Was that the way it was "supposed" to have have happened? Was that a Tom Rossley play? well, was it? And, what's more.... was Brett Favre just following orders from (of all people) Mike Sherman pretending he called THAT play.....?

I got a nose and so do you...... Well, what did you smell?

I may be "armchair? - but, I know what I saw.....

Why doesn't Brett take matters into his own hands.... especially NOW?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree...he seems to be a bit gun shy of getting coldcocked again. I guess laying on a frozen field with most of your body without feeling will do that to you.

I do think Walker would have made that catch by jumping higher than the defender.

Core

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would really like to see more action to Murphy. Driver is getting old, Walker may never be the same and Ferguson is, well.. ferguson. Who do we have that will set up next year? We need to get Murphy into the action and see what the kid can do.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fergie needs to teach himself how to grab that pigskin outta the air - like you or I would do a frisbee... otherwise he's gonna get all of his passes snagged away.....

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"He'll find at least twice, when Terence Murphy was WIDE OPEN in the flat near the End Zone and instead, Brett threw it at (guess who?) Ferguson."

This is one of the few things where I find fault with Favre. He has always shied away from throwing to the "new kid" in the lineup. Are they running the wrong patterns? Is it lack of trust?

If the guy is open, throw it to him, Brett.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wide open in the NFL isnt as easy as you think. If you see someone and he is wide open, odds are by the time your ball gets to him (even Mr. Favres fastball) someone will be there. The NFL passing game is about anticipation and leading recievers.

Members online

Latest posts