What is the best team that did this..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where their starting QB was out for the season and the back up QB gave them the most wins of that very same season?

H

HardRightEdge

So, from what you've all seen in these last two games, do you see anything to suggest Hundley is any of those guys?

The next couple of opponents are going to come out stopping the run and challenge Hundley to beat them. If he does not demonstrate some improvement under a less challenging pass defense game plan over the next couple of games, we'll be seeing Callahan in garbage time and if he shows anything then starting.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, from what you've all seen in these last two games, do you see anything to suggest Hundley is any of those guys?

The next couple of opponents are going to come out stopping the run and challenge Hundley to beat them. If he does not demonstrate some improvement under a less challenging pass defense game plan over the next couple of games, we'll be seeing Callahan in garbage time and if he shows anything then starting.
I think Hundley did show some promise. I was feeling really good and thought we were going to win it as we went into the half.
He did help with that lead. Hopefully it will be the second half next time.

I think it's too soon to be feeling helpless yet.
At this point, we still have a chance at the SB. The odds are very slim but a chance is still a chance.
And the chances will increase if they come up with better play calling and the players execute better.
The team and the coaching staff have to find ways to improve and outsmart the opponents unlike anything before, IMHO.
Thankfully they have two weeks to take a few more deep breaths while they work on things.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Key here is you have to have a good "team" for a backup QB to come in and keep winning games. When you lose a QB like AR, it's quite possible you are left with an average team.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Key here is you have to have a good "team" for a backup QB to come in and keep winning games. When you lose a QB like AR, it's quite possible you are left with an average team.
It's Capers, the defense and Mike that usually gets the blame for a loss.
On occasion the O-Line.
Never Aaron.
And I haven't seen too much blaming of Hundley.
Aaron is great. No doubt about that.
I suppose the team is losing without him not only because he scores like no other QB can but it could also be a huge moral deflator with him gone.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Hostetler took over injured Phil Simms .....won the Superbowl. for the Giants
Jim Plunkett took Raider to a super bowl win after Dan Pastorini broke his leg.
Trent Dilfer, replace Tony banks Raven win Super Bowl
Roger Staubach, replaces Crieg Morton Dallas wins
Jay Schroeder out, Doug Williams Washington Wins Superbowl
Earl Morrall replaces Bob Griese, secures perfection for Dolphins
Earl Morrall in Super Bowl 5 in Johnny Unitis
While he did not win the Superbowl Kapernick got the to game in relief

This why Kapernick should be signed......

Last edited:

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think the team was that bad the QB was he only ball 23 minutes, 37 minutes a long timer defense ti be on field.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Hostetler took over injured Phil Simms .....won the Superbowl. for the Giants
Jim Plunkett took Raider to a super bowl win after Dan Pastorini broke his leg.
Trent Dilfer, replace Tony banks Raven win Super Bowl
Roger Staubach, replaces Crieg Morton Dallas wins
Jay Schroeder out, Doug Williams Washington Wins Superbowl
Earl Morrall replaces Bob Griese, secures perfection for Dolphins
Earl Morrall in Super Bowl 5 in Johnny Unitis
While he did not win the Superbowl Kapernick got the to game in relief

This why Kapernick should be signed......

Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk if we're gonna make it political...LET'S. Kaep's "protest" wasn't noticed by the media until the week after he got outplayed by Christian Ponder in a pre-season game. Then when asked about it he said 'oh yeah I did that last week too, heck I been doin' it for a couple years'. Anybody can backdate a protest to save their job. ALSO...getting outplayed by Christian Ponder means you're DONE as a QB and shouldn't be signed by anyone.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any QB which has succeeded in such a position had the means in which to do so. This usually doesn't include a bad defense, an O line which suffers multiple injuries each game, and let's be honest, a WR group which often requires the QB to buy time and throw it to some really small windows in order for the completion to be made.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre qualify?
He would if the team was the best in the same season he came in.

If the earlier answer is true about Kurt Warner stepping in and taking the team to the SB and winning the same season he did that, then it answers my question of who is the best back up QB, so far.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I suppose the team is losing without him not only because he scores like no other QB can but it could also be a huge moral deflator with him gone.

Maybe a moral deflator in the Viking game when he was lost, but these guys are professionals. The day after that dreadful day, they all knew AR was out and it was on the other 52 to step up. I didn't see much stepping up on Sunday.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any QB which has succeeded in such a position had the means in which to do so. This usually doesn't include a bad defense, an O line which suffers multiple injuries each game, and let's be honest, a WR group which often requires the QB to buy time and throw it to some really small windows in order for the completion to be made.
Talent also plays a part.
If Aaron hadn't gone down, our chances at winning the last two games (Vikes and Taints) would have been much, much higher.
I think the times where it really gets obvious at how bad our defense is has been the playoff games the last few seasons.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk if we're gonna make it political...LET'S. Kaep's "protest" wasn't noticed by the media until the week after he got outplayed by Christian Ponder in a pre-season game. Then when asked about it he said 'oh yeah I did that last week too, heck I been doin' it for a couple years'. Anybody can backdate a protest to save their job. ALSO...getting outplayed by Christian Ponder means you're DONE as a QB and shouldn't be signed by anyone.

Not making political just he best available talent at the moment.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's not make it political in this part of the forum. Keep it to a discussion of his playing ability. OK? We have a thread in the Asylum about it so find it and use it for his protests.

Members online

Latest posts