1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What is a Gosder Cherilus?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Feb 14, 2008.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    SI's Don Banks has the Pack taking an OT in his latest mock draft. I have to admit, it would be a great way for Ted to get everyone in a tizzy again on draft day. This particular player would interest me more if he was a left tackle, rather than a right tackle, as Banks projects:

30 OT Gosder Cherilus Boston College Sr. 6-7 312
    The Packers could use an upgrade at offensive tackle, where eight-year veteran Chad Clifton had some late-season injury issues. Cherilus is a newcomer to the first-round projection game, and has risen thanks to a strong week of work at the Senior Bowl. He's probably a right tackle in the NFL, and that's Mark Tauscher's spot in Green Bay, but the Packers need some youth at tackle.

2. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i'd rather draft ot chris williams

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's a right tackle in my opinion. I'd only draft him if you think Tauscher is going down hill and will be gone by this time next year or if you want Tauscher to play RG. I'd be shocked to see the Pack draft him to be the future LT. I think he's a huge project there.

I agree with the poster above me. I think Chris Williams is better.