1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What in the name of Missoula was he thinking...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Cops: Xmas tree thief not brightest bulb
    Man accused of displaying stolen trees in yard with original sales tags

MISSOULA, Mont. - Taking holiday decorations from a man named Clouse this time of year might land you on the "naughty" list. Putting them up in your yard with the tags still on might land you in jail.

Michael Allard, 39, is accused of stealing Christmas trees and wreaths from the Montana Wreaths & Pink Grizzly Christmas Store several blocks from his home. He was arrested Monday and charged with felony burglary and misdemeanor theft.

Shane Clouse, the shop's owner, reported a burglary after he spotted Allard walking with a shopping cart full of items Clouse recognized as his own, the Missoulian newspaper reported. Clouse later saw two of his Christmas trees in Allard's yard and stacks of wreaths in the entryway of his trailer.

Clouse said the trees were identical to those he sells and pointed out that the red and yellow sales tags were still attached.

A sheriff's deputy who responded noticed trees and wreaths at Allard's house, then saw him inside making additional wreaths, according to the newspaper.

Investigators said that Allard acknowledged taking the wreath-making supplies but said that the items had been abandoned near the business and that he didn't break in. He said a friend had given him the trees.

Allard was being held Thursday in the Missoula County Detention Facility. A phone message left Thursday by The Associated Press with the regional public defender's office seeking the name of Allard's attorney was not immediately returned.

2. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Must have drank too much Moose Drool.

3. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It wasn't me.... it wasn't me!!! :lol:

The Pink Grizzly place is a rip off, as are most Christmas tree places out here. Trees that are cut in September, then spray painted green to look fresh, are sold for anywhere from $40-$90. All anyone out here around Missoula needs to do is get a Christmas tree cutting permit from the forest Service for $5 and jeez, lets see, we only got 800,000 acres of forest service land around Missoula to find a tree.

I know the guy who got caught....not the brightest bulb in the pack.

4. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Okay Bob, Why does this not surprise me. Is this the guy that egged you on to take the shortcut around the highway? :p

5. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Uh, I'm taking the fifth!!

No , this isn't the guy. And besides, I was the bright one who thought of the shortcut. Even now, some of the buffalo start laughing and shaking their heads when they see my truck go past on the highway.