What if...

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few thoughts were running through my mind today, mainly about the coaching situation in Green Bay. After Ray Rhodes was fired in 1999 the Packers opted to go with a rather unknown coach Mike Sherman to lead the team into the new millenium. Mike Sherman then led the team to several NFC North Titles and multiple playoff berths.

However, at this time, juggernaut coach Bill Belichick was avaliable for a head coaching job. Now children, what if Bill Belichick became the head coach of the Packers in 2000. Do you all think he would have led us to Super Bowl glory? Surely such a great defensive minded coach would not have let our defense plummet and become the bottom feeder we have been. It would have been his staff offensivly, so see you later Rossley. With the players we had, do you think we would have won at least one Super Bowl?

Note:
I am not knocking Mike Sherman, I thought he did a good job here in Packerland, however, it being the off-season I thought this would be a good topic to discuss. Add onto that the fact I was interested in what you all thought. Please, don't bash/flame.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk, probably. He most likely would have tried to set up the same kind of system he has in NE with depth and smart players.

At the time Belichick was a failure from Cleveland though. Most of us would have moaned and groaned over his hiring.

Weissman1989

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, simply because tom brady is not brett farve and brett will never be tamed, thats why i love him

Latest posts