What if....

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if Rodgers had an OL... Rodgers was sacked 5 times, fumbled once and threw an INT against the Lions. Rodgers still managed 358 yards and 2 TD's. Rodgers numbers looked similar in the Vikings game as well, how many times did he get sacked then? What if the Packers had an OL that could prevent 3-4 of those 5 sacks on any given sunday and gave Rodgers that time to throw the ball. He would be one of the BEST of not the BEST QB in football right now. Just a "what if" as I was sitting here thinking about the game today. What do you guys think?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if Rodgers had an OL... Rodgers was sacked 5 times, fumbled once and threw an INT against the Lions. Rodgers still managed 358 yards and 2 TD's. Rodgers numbers looked similar in the Vikings game as well, how many times did he get sacked then? What if the Packers had an OL that could prevent 3-4 of those 5 sacks on any given sunday and gave Rodgers that time to throw the ball. He would be one of the BEST of not the BEST QB in football right now. Just a "what if" as I was sitting here thinking about the game today. What do you guys think?
That makes 25 sacks for the year. ouch he has to be sore. Favre got beat up today as well.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats what kills me, is Rodgers puts up huge numbers and they still cant pull out the wins we need. Get us an O-line and stop the stupid penalties and the Pack would be an extremely hard team to beat.

sublime843

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Completely agree. If we get a decent OL, not great just decent, we'd be killing it. I just hope TT gets a trade in for a good LT before Tuesday. We absolutely NEED it or else AR will get injured out there

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Show me any team in the NFL where the QB has 3 to 5 seconds to pass the ball everytime the QB drops back. DOES NOT HAPPEN. Yes the Packs O-line needs to improve, but A-rod has a resposibility to get the ball out quickly. I would say that 40% the sacks this year against A-rod where A-rod's fault.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Ironically, I was thinking of posting a thread identical to this. Just watching the Lions game, and thinking of the Vikings/Bengal's game imagining what it would be like to have a decent or even GREAT O-line (and controlling dumb penalties). We would be putting up sick numbers on Offense. And also controlling the flow of the game.

Give Rogers a O-line, and a great D and the Pack would be a contender. Easier said than done though.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show me any team in the NFL where the QB has 3 to 5 seconds to pass the ball everytime the QB drops back. DOES NOT HAPPEN. Yes the Packs O-line needs to improve, but A-rod has a resposibility to get the ball out quickly. I would say that 40% the sacks this year against A-rod where A-rod's fault.

It has nothing to do with 3-5 seconds per drop back to throw the ball. It has to do with the additional opportunities that would be there if Rodgers was not getting sacked. Once those sacks are decreased then they can work on defending the pressure. Im talking strictly the sacks and the play opportunities they take away, especially momentum.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you gave 95% of nfl qbs enough time they would have great numbers. But to say they would be a great team is a wrong assumption. This team is far from complete in the other areas not mentioned

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These what if... threads are pointless. What if Rodgers was superman and could beat Lex Luther? What if the o-line was able to protect Rodgers, no one knows what the team would do if the Packers had a stout o-line. They could improve in the passing game or run game and make them more of a competitor or Rodgers may stay in the pocket too long and still get sacked. He may wait to make the big plays and start throwing ints.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
These what if... threads are pointless. What if Rodgers was superman and could beat Lex Luther? What if the o-line was able to protect Rodgers, no one knows what the team would do if the Packers had a stout o-line. They could improve in the passing game or run game and make them more of a competitor or Rodgers may stay in the pocket too long and still get sacked. He may wait to make the big plays and start throwing ints.

Absolutely "Spot on" ...

The game against the Lions, I think once again showed #12 holding on the ball a little longer (once again) than what was necessary ... and as such it's not entirely on the offensive line alone ...

With Clifton re-injured the Packers need to adjust all over the offensive line (including the quarterback) and play to "negate" those weaknesses.

Flacco impresses me way more than Rodgers though ... - A very young quarterback, who, while being "pounded". still kept his poise ... - Maybe Rodgers should give Flacco a call and ask him about check-downs ?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Penaltys have hurt the packers line play. False starts and such. There is three solid teams in the North so to say they would dominate in the North with better offense line play is a stretch though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts