1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What if...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Favre changes his mind on the way to Green Bay today?

Can you imagine the ripples through the media.. I would like to see it just for that aspect alone... nevermind the joy of Favre returning.. :D

Maybe we all should trek off to Green Bay and chant.. one more year..

2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That would be more fuel for the fire. People complain too much already that he takes his time to make up his mind. It'd become even more of a circus for the press.

3. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who gives a crap about a media circus. I'd def. take Favre back.

4. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think we should sign Vinny Testeverde!

5. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    what if Favre chose to play for another team? :p

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Brett wont be at the p.c today

but what if Rodgers gets hurt at 1st mini camp and they beg Bret t\o come back :p

7. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    LT.. what is Brett's pilot and the board over there talking about today with this news?

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Hard to say..so many mixed reports, but gut feeling is that the moss thing had SOMETHING to do with it..

But who really knows?

9. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I thought he was comming to the PC.. now he is not.. hmm...

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I mis read Davids post..Thought I read he was comign to it..But according to David he isnt going to the p/c

Recall last week I told people to hold their panties?

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/275471

11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Did you know he was going to retire?

12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    noooooooooooooooooo

but the way David was posting something, was sort of reading between the lines

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Me too.

I hate the media right now.

14. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I read that the packers did actually go after moss. Offered him more money too, as did the Eagles. Moss just preferred to return to NE.

this was according to Moss' agent

15. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I do have issue with this. While TT did not bring in any big names, he did quietly assemble the best recieving corp Favre EVER had.

16. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't care about the media's opinion about Favre, I'm just tired of the hoopla every offseason. Now he's made a decision, and I hope it's final. I'm tired of hearing about it.

Why is nobody talking about the fact that he basically said he doesn't think the Packers can win a Super Bowl, and it's not worth the effort to try. I guarantee if the Packers had landed Moss, Favre would be playing. That's such BS. Not landing Moss may not have been the main reason for him retiring, but getting Moss sure would have been enough to make him stay. I love Favre. I'm a HUGE Favre fan, but I'm sorry, that's such BS to me.

17. mateus

mateus Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    one more year at lambeau will be heard if the packers start losing. thats my guess anyways.
    either way, i dont think the call will be answered, it will be heartfelt but not answered.

18. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    I don't think it was Moss as much as we were a team the over-achieved this past year.. and maybe in his eyes, with the slow start to FA again... it was can we really make a run again.

Personally I don't feel that way, but who really knows what is in Brett's heart.. my opinion is he is doubting the committment to give it is all.. que up the two bitterly cold games and watch Favre's facial expressions and emotions.. I think the cold took a part of him away in those two games.. somewhere within himself, Brett might know that as well.

Once you start to doubt.... that will fill your mind with more doubt.. then it is time to walk another path.

19. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre doesn't want to deal with getting to the Super Bowl and losing. Anyone who has played in the NFL will tell you you can't take anything for granted. Anyone that presumes the Packers are a lock to win the Super Bowl are living in fantasy land. Favre knows that the Packers are a great team but he knows nothing is a lock and for that reason he doesn't want to deal with the mental aspect of preparing every single week and playing his butt off only to possibly lose in the Super Bowl or anywhere else.

20. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm just hit harder by this than I thought I'd be, hence the harsh comment I made. After the season we had, it's hard to just pass it off as a fluke, so what he said got to me a bit. He knows what he can and can't handle physically, mentally and emotionally. I think he still has what it takes, but the team may be a few years away yet.

21. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think Favre would like another shot to play in a NFC championship game and a superbowl, players dont get bored of playing, they bored of everything else that goes before it.

22. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,481
    Can you provide a link?

I been searching and cant find one

23. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't be surprised. NE still gives Moss the best chance for winning the SB.

The thing is, the Packers with Moss would be a close second. We have a comparable D, and possibly a better STs than NE, and a very balanced O.