1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What if they move...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zeck180, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    So many topics on the Vikings just throw this in here.

Ok there is no doubt that most(all) of us would love to see this:
    [​IMG]

But I started to think, if the Vikings move to LA, which every month it seems like it could actually happen
    MinnPost - Jay Weiner: Vikings to L.A.? Let's cool it, and examine the process
    L.A. Vikings? Move could hinge on stadium bill - Chicago Breaking Sports

Would you truly hate see the Vikes move to the NFC West? I know it sounds strange but I wouldn't like it if they move, because who would the NFL replace the Vikes with? Three best replacements I see are the St. Louis Rams(Suck), Cleavland Browns(Suck), Indianapolis Colts(new rival!).

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Why are there so many Viking topics today?

Didn't we win the Super Bowl yesterday?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    I would just continue to laugh at them. They would have to move an NFC team to the AFC for Cleveland or Indy to work. Cleveland is the better choice IMO.

4. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    That would grantee two wins each year. I'd rather have Indy from some reason.

That is a pretty satdiumhttp://www.farmersfield.com/

5. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Rams are the only real viable option to move to the NFCN, Cleveland wont move and I doubt Indy would

6. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I still don't think anybody's moving divisions just because one team moves to LA.

How long was Tampa in the NFC Central? Sometimes things don't have to make geographic sense.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    No way would Cleveland move, they already have established rivalries with all 3 AFC North opponents. Unlikely to see the Colts move, they'd want to keep them in the same conference as the Patriots. Maybe the Rams might move, that's a possibility, the only likely one in my opinion.

8. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    As funny as it would be for the Queeners to be uprooted to LA, I'd be depressed if it were to actually happen. Half the fun of having them as annoying rivals is the fact that they live to the north and we have a reasonably deep history. I hate them, but taking them west would hurt the division.

9. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    they would just swap vikings and rams. it makes the most sense

• Like Like x 3
  10. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    I dunno and I don't care.
    Not our problem.

All I want is for the Packers to keep playing great football no matter who it is.

11. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77
    I don't think the vikings will move, All LOGICAL signs point to it being the Jacksonville Jaguars to move. No fan base, no revenue, terrible owner, terribly run organization in the past few years. Pro Teams need to GET OUT OF FLORIDA, florida is like a pro-team death trap. L.A. Jaguars has a nice ring to it. Not to mention they wouldn't have to change divisions as well.

but if the vikings go, That'll be ok, all the minnesota fans will come crawling back out of the woodwork to support the Pack. And I think it's obvious that the Ram's would be in the nfc north, I seem to remember us having a little bit of a rivalry with the rams back in the day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Don't give a damn if they stay or go personally...

13. BearDroppings

BearDroppings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    I don't care if they move, I hope we continue to beat the utter living crap out of them year after year. Their fans Bears fans, and tehehe Lions fans can all hate. It's fine and dandy!

14. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +133
    Kansas City Chiefs makes sense.

15. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    please dont come to LA. please?

16. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    LA is already fake enough, moving the Vikings there may implode the city :p

17. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    They wouldn't swap any teams.

NFL loves rivaliries.

That's why they left the Chiefs in the AFC West when they realigned the divisions.

Same would hold true for the Vikes.

[​IMG]

18. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    While I agree in theory (Reason why the Cowpukes are in the NFC East as well) it's pretty hard to have a team 2 timezones apart (3 with Detroit) in the same division. It works to some extent with the Rams but it just makes sense to flip the two IF the Vikings move to LA. even if it does happen it would be at LEST 2-4 years before it happens as LA doesn't even have a Stadium to put anyone in.

Chiefs will never leave the AFC anymore than the Cowboys will leave the NFC East which is why the Rams look like the best team to move as they don't have the rivalries with the Cards 9ers or Seahawks that the Chiefs and Cowfails do within their divisions. Granted the Vikings would want to be with the Packers, Bears and Lions but I have a hard time seeing the distance and timezones working

19. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    I'd love to see Detroit and Cleveland in the same division both team do a have a rivalry with each other dating back to the 50s when Detroit was good.

20. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    I don't want to see the Vikings leave. It's a pretty decent rivalry and fun to watch them implode all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  21. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    yeah, but I can't see Lerner doing it not when they can face their "old" team 2x a year in the Ravens and their instate rival (the Bungles) 2x a year

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I know the richest guy in WIs daughter. I thought about knocking her up, marrying into the family, so I could buy the Vikings. Headlines read:

PACKER FAN BUYS VIKINGS

then spending the least amount of money possible on the team and laughing about it. Good plan isnt it?

• Like Like x 1
  23. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Like the vikes are worth a lot of money

• Like Like x 1
  24. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    least valuable team in the league I believe. But its not about the money, its about punishing their fans.

25. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Honestly, I don't really care about the Vikings. Sure, I hate them. I hate them more than the Bears. But if they moved, I wouldn't really care. I wouldn't really feel like we're missing out on a great rivalry either. It's not as storied a rivalry as the Bears, and is less important.

Sure, the last two seasons were huge in the Vikings/Packers rivalry for obvious reasons, but did we actually care *as* much about them before Favre became a Viking? Are we going to care *as* much about them next season?

Stay or go, I don't really care. I don't feel like we'd be losing anything, in the grand scheme of things.