What if they move...

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So many topics on the Vikings just throw this in here.

Ok there is no doubt that most(all) of us would love to see this:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

But I started to think, if the Vikings move to LA, which every month it seems like it could actually happen
MinnPost - Jay ******: Vikings to L.A.? Let's cool it, and examine the process
L.A. Vikings? Move could hinge on stadium bill - Chicago Breaking Sports

Would you truly hate see the Vikes move to the NFC West? I know it sounds strange but I wouldn't like it if they move, because who would the NFL replace the Vikes with? Three best replacements I see are the St. Louis Rams(Suck), Cleavland Browns(Suck), Indianapolis Colts(new rival!).

Reaction score
I would just continue to laugh at them. They would have to move an NFC team to the AFC for Cleveland or Indy to work. Cleveland is the better choice IMO.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I still don't think anybody's moving divisions just because one team moves to LA.

How long was Tampa in the NFC Central? Sometimes things don't have to make geographic sense.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way would Cleveland move, they already have established rivalries with all 3 AFC North opponents. Unlikely to see the Colts move, they'd want to keep them in the same conference as the Patriots. Maybe the Rams might move, that's a possibility, the only likely one in my opinion.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
As funny as it would be for the Queeners to be uprooted to LA, I'd be depressed if it were to actually happen. Half the fun of having them as annoying rivals is the fact that they live to the north and we have a reasonably deep history. I hate them, but taking them west would hurt the division.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno and I don't care.
Not our problem.

All I want is for the Packers to keep playing great football no matter who it is.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I don't think the vikings will move, All LOGICAL signs point to it being the Jacksonville Jaguars to move. No fan base, no revenue, terrible owner, terribly run organization in the past few years. Pro Teams need to GET OUT OF FLORIDA, florida is like a pro-team death trap. L.A. Jaguars has a nice ring to it. Not to mention they wouldn't have to change divisions as well.

but if the vikings go, That'll be ok, all the minnesota fans will come crawling back out of the woodwork to support the Pack. And I think it's obvious that the Ram's would be in the nfc north, I seem to remember us having a little bit of a rivalry with the rams back in the day.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if they move, I hope we continue to beat the utter living crap out of them year after year. Their fans Bears fans, and tehehe Lions fans can all hate. It's fine and dandy!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

But I started to think, if the Vikings move to LA, which every month it seems like it could actually happen

Would you truly hate see the Vikes move to the NFC West? I know it sounds strange but I wouldn't like it if they move, because who would the NFL replace the Vikes with? Three best replacements I see are the St. Louis Rams(Suck), Cleavland Browns(Suck), Indianapolis Colts(new rival!).

Kansas City Chiefs makes sense.

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score

please dont come to LA. please?

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they would just swap vikings and rams. it makes the most sense

They wouldn't swap any teams.

NFL loves rivaliries.

That's why they left the Chiefs in the AFC West when they realigned the divisions.

Same would hold true for the Vikes.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They wouldn't swap any teams.

NFL loves rivaliries.

That's why they left the Chiefs in the AFC West when they realigned the divisions.

Same would hold true for the Vikes.

While I agree in theory (Reason why the Cowpukes are in the NFC East as well) it's pretty hard to have a team 2 timezones apart (3 with Detroit) in the same division. It works to some extent with the Rams but it just makes sense to flip the two IF the Vikings move to LA. even if it does happen it would be at LEST 2-4 years before it happens as LA doesn't even have a Stadium to put anyone in.

Chiefs will never leave the AFC anymore than the Cowboys will leave the NFC East which is why the Rams look like the best team to move as they don't have the rivalries with the Cards 9ers or Seahawks that the Chiefs and Cowfails do within their divisions. Granted the Vikings would want to be with the Packers, Bears and Lions but I have a hard time seeing the distance and timezones working

OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree in theory (Reason why the Cowpukes are in the NFC East as well) it's pretty hard to have a team 2 timezones apart (3 with Detroit) in the same division. It works to some extent with the Rams but it just makes sense to flip the two IF the Vikings move to LA. even if it does happen it would be at LEST 2-4 years before it happens as LA doesn't even have a Stadium to put anyone in.

Chiefs will never leave the AFC anymore than the Cowboys will leave the NFC East which is why the Rams look like the best team to move as they don't have the rivalries with the Cards 9ers or Seahawks that the Chiefs and Cowfails do within their divisions. Granted the Vikings would want to be with the Packers, Bears and Lions but I have a hard time seeing the distance and timezones working

I'd love to see Detroit and Cleveland in the same division both team do a have a rivalry with each other dating back to the 50s when Detroit was good.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't want to see the Vikings leave. It's a pretty decent rivalry and fun to watch them implode all the time.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see Detroit and Cleveland in the same division both team do a have a rivalry with each other dating back to the 50s when Detroit was good.

yeah, but I can't see Lerner doing it not when they can face their "old" team 2x a year in the Ravens and their instate rival (the Bungles) 2x a year

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the richest guy in WIs daughter. I thought about knocking her up, marrying into the family, so I could buy the Vikings. Headlines read:

PACKER FAN BUYS VIKINGS

then spending the least amount of money possible on the team and laughing about it. Good plan isnt it?

OP
OP
Zeck180

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the richest guy in WIs daughter. I thought about knocking her up, marrying into the family, so I could buy the Vikings. Headlines read:

PACKER FAN BUYS VIKINGS

then spending the least amount of money possible on the team and laughing about it. Good plan isnt it?

Like the vikes are worth a lot of money

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't really care about the Vikings. Sure, I hate them. I hate them more than the Bears. But if they moved, I wouldn't really care. I wouldn't really feel like we're missing out on a great rivalry either. It's not as storied a rivalry as the Bears, and is less important.

Sure, the last two seasons were huge in the Vikings/Packers rivalry for obvious reasons, but did we actually care *as* much about them before Favre became a Viking? Are we going to care *as* much about them next season?

Stay or go, I don't really care. I don't feel like we'd be losing anything, in the grand scheme of things.

Members online

Latest posts