What if Saquon Barkley still on the board

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This belongs in the Draft Talk section, but I highly doubt Packers would draft a RB that high. Last time they drafted a RB first round was in 1990. Darrell Thompson out of Minnesota.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I wouldn't mind but it looks like we got a couple diamonds in the rough with the two rookies we have now. Hopefully it's not a one year wonder scenario.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He isn't leaving the top 10. Also running back is far down on the list on things we need right now.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd take him as AR's replacement - career stats passing = 100% completion, 1/2 of those for TD, 18 yards per attempt/completion.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think a top tier WR like Courtland Sutton is more realistic where we will pick plus as been posted RB is far down the priority list. Were actually in good shape at RB.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This belongs in the Draft Talk section, but I highly doubt Packers would draft a RB that high. Last time they drafted a RB first round was in 1990. Darrell Thompson out of Minnesota.
right. we're not a running team. we're pass first team. we're set at running back. it would be a waste of a pick.

Reaction score
This is a similar concept to going TE twice in 2017 FA and that put RR on the bench which wasted the resources of a #2 caliber TE.
No Offense to Lance
I’m sure there’s a ton of talent that would be nice to have. We have to focus on plugging our areas of immediate need first. We just spent 3 draft picks at RB and it’s time to focus on other positions of need.
We could be putting Jamaal Williams or Aaron Jones on the bench in their prime.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barkley is a freak. Hard to say if our lack of need at RB outweighs his potential. Hoping WR/Edge early.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barkley is a freak. Hard to say if our lack of need at RB outweighs his potential. Hoping WR/Edge early.
He's likely the best RB I've seen I'm quite some time. But Jones has shown some serious ability and needs to get the ball no matter who else is on the team. Hard to be upset if we ended up with him, though.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he is available you take him. Period. Probably better than that cowgirl or the Jaguar from the last 2 years. If you can draft a HOF talent you do it regardless of need. I doubt he leaves the top 5 as RBs are coming back into vogue. Only reason he drops to 5 is the QBs are more highly prized.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
right. we're not a running team. we're pass first team. we're set at running back. it would be a waste of a pick.
There is a school of thought that you draft to compliment strength. With a RB capable of not only moving the sticks, but also busting 1 or 2 per game - your passing attack gets all that more dangerous as well.

Reaction score
I think if you can get a player who’s projected top 5 in the middle of the first you have to seriously consider that, particularly if it’s a player that propels an NFC North team to get substantially better coupled with a position that we could use bolstering due to injuries.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if you can get a player who’s projected top 5 in the middle of the first you have to seriously consider that, particularly if it’s a player that propels an NFC North team to get substantially better coupled with a position that we could use bolstering due to injuries.
What about Quenton Nelson an OG? If he is there at the Packers pick, I say we take him as well. He is rated in the top 5 on sites. He has not only beaten everyone, he dominated DTs who will likely get drafted higher than he will. He is the only OG in history to be fun to watch. He is off the charts strong and can bulldoze anyone unless of course he decides to pancake them.

I suspect he will go in the top 10.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Barkley's on the board you run to the podium as they say, dude is ridiculous. You trade up for that guy otherwise yeah I agree you can get a good running back later on. You just don't get an Adrian Peterson, bo jackson, Barry Sanders, type running back which is who Barkley is

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes if Barkley is available you select him. Barkley is a playmaker. You do not pass on players that can score every time they touch the ball.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Quenton Nelson an OG? If he is there at the Packers pick, I say we take him as well. He is rated in the top 5 on sites. He has not only beaten everyone, he dominated DTs who will likely get drafted higher than he will. He is the only OG in history to be fun to watch. He is off the charts strong and can bulldoze anyone unless of course he decides to pancake them.

I suspect he will go in the top 10.

I like nelson as well he's seemingly on the level of Barkley. So the more I watch Arden key and chubb and Ferrell idk I'm not that impressed. Why not just take the guy whose gonna be a potential Hof player even if it's not at a position of premium need? I think a interior oline of linsley, Taylor, and Nelson would make for a pretty good running game between Jones, Montgomery, and Williams. Also since Barkley isn't happening unless the new gm trades up and he's the only rb I'd take in the first. I'd like to see us get a guy like Ronald Jones II, Nick chubb, or kerryon Johnson in the 3rd/4th to knock devantae Mays off the roster

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Nelson or Barkley are there, you gotta take em.

Nelson is the best interior lineman I've seen coming out of college. He's dominant. He would darn near be All-Pro status as a rookie. I wouldn't pass on that kind of talent.

Members online

Latest posts