What if Brett comes back?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, TT was a bonehead for mentioning Michael Vick's name during the offseason. THE DAY AFTER Brett officially declared to the vikings that he is indeed done for his career, TT opens his mouth and says "he is considering Vick as a possibility" for the packers. Coincidence? While Favre is a waffler you can't just put aside the fact that this could have affected his decision. How in the hell do you get rid of a 19 yr pro superbowl leading QB but open the door for a convicted felon?

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, TT was a bonehead for mentioning Michael Vick's name during the offseason. THE DAY AFTER Brett officially declared to the vikings that he is indeed done for his career, TT opens his mouth and says "he is considering Vick as a possibility" for the packers. Coincidence? While Favre is a waffler you can't just put aside the fact that this could have affected his decision. How in the hell do you get rid of a 19 yr pro superbowl leading QB but open the door for a convicted felon?
I don't get this post at all. First question, what do Vick and Favre have in common? Favre was done in GB and after he was gone talking about Vick in GB was as a backup to AR, something Favre would never have done. Second question is what does being a convicted felon have to do with anything? If he has served his time and the league has cleared him to play I won't ever paint something as black or white. That is a team management decision that is purely situational. Do you not believe in second chances or does being a "felon" automatically make someone non-redeemable? If so, if Jolly is convicted do you think the Packers need to immediately cut him and distance themeselves from him?

These questions are purely based on the wording of your post. For the record I was 100% against bringing Vick to GB. Not because he is a felon, but because of the horrible things he did and the lack of any contrition for his disgusting actions. However, I would never throw a blanket policy and say no felons allowed... I actually think some people make mistakes and learn from them...

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get this post at all. First question, what do Vick and Favre have in common? Favre was done in GB and after he was gone talking about Vick in GB was as a backup to AR, something Favre would never have done. Second question is what does being a convicted felon have to do with anything? If he has served his time and the league has cleared him to play I won't ever paint something as black or white. That is a team management decision that is purely situational. Do you not believe in second chances or does being a "felon" automatically make someone non-redeemable? If so, if Jolly is convicted do you think the Packers need to immediately cut him and distance themeselves from him?

These questions are purely based on the wording of your post. For the record I was 100% against bringing Vick to GB. Not because he is a felon, but because of the horrible things he did and the lack of any contrition for his disgusting actions. However, I would never throw a blanket policy and say no felons allowed... I actually think some people make mistakes and learn from them...

Well you just said it in this post. What I meant by felon is not just the fact he went to prison but because of also the horrible things he did. What Favre could have been insulted by was the fact that the Packers were willing to bring in a player, specifically a quarterbackwho would most likely hurt the image of this team. Whereas Favre on the other hand became the face of this franchise for several years.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Well you just said it in this post. What I meant by felon is not just the fact he went to prison but because of also the horrible things he did. What Favre could have been insulted by was the fact that the Packers were willing to bring in a player, specifically a quarterbackwho would most likely hurt the image of this team. Whereas Favre on the other hand became the face of this franchise for several years.
Well - maybe you should have wrote that then. Just saying.

Other than that I agree. But I am way beyond caring what Brett Favre thinks about anything. I only care about my team and them making good decisions.

charlotte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys better check your timelines when it comes to BrINT and Vick.

By the time Vick was cleared to play, BrINT was already installed in Minny. (I could be wrong, but I don't think so). AND I believe that TT's publically saying that he would consider Vick was just a solidarity thingy to let everyone in the NFL know that bygones should be bygones.

Look at the two words highlighted here. BIG difference between would consider and we're going to go after him. Plus, at the time, TT was well aware the the backup situation for Aaron was more than a bit dicey. He waS pobably looking at every available quarterback out there.

As for Favre being insulted? MEH. DOUBLE MEH. Who the F cares if he's insulted? Did he not insult all of Packer Nation? :cry: << retirement presser - "I'll never play for another team than the Green Bay Packers"

So to the premise of this thread....What if BrINT comes back? Go ahead. Every defensive player in the league and every defensive coach will be gunning for him. He'll be lucky to be more than a breadboard when his grandkids want to play with him.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre rocks. Had the best season of his career at age 40 on a team with average-to-decent coaching, no consistent defense until the post season, no consistent running game, young and/or inexperienced wideouts, an overhyped RB who lost countless fumbles...yada yada yada.

The more the talking heads whine and bash, the longer Brett Favre will play. He's fueled by the same desire of all highly successful people. You can either hate it and be jealous of it or you can accept it, deal with it and enjoy the benefits it brings.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Favre rocks. Had the best season of his career at age 40 on a team with average-to-decent coaching, no consistent defense until the post season, no consistent running game, young and/or inexperienced wideouts, an overhyped RB who lost countless fumbles...yada yada yada.
Seriously, did you sustain a brain stem injury or something? The Vikings led the league in representatives at the pro-bowl. It wasn't even close either. I hate the pro-bowl as an over-blown popularity contest and I cannot stand the Vikings and do think that many of their players are somewhat over-rated (How could a team that had half of it's conference's pro-bowlers NOT have rolled everyone on route to 19-0?)... That said, this team has serious talent on both offense and defense and to play them off like this is favre-slurping at it's finest. They were 10-6 last year without Favre... This year they added Harvin who jump started them a few times.

To put all the Vikings' success in the lap of favre is really reaching. He helped but so did several other really good football players.

weak, weak post

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who cares if he comes back. I dont miss him, Rodgers proved himself to me, i think were better off without him(favre) anyway. He can play for the Vikes, bunch of sourpuss's, wont make a difference he'll still lose the games for them like he did for us.
as a side note: it would be nice to pound on him one more season...maybe have a packer end his career for good, just so it can end this nfl qb drama dilemma. the man needs to be a commentator, get rid of Joe Buck(he sux) n put him up their wit Troy. Hell i love to hear them two go at it, especially with bretts humor.

He also won a lot of games for us too.

And they say Phili fans are classless.

You all talk as though Rodgres will never ever do this. Well he has 1 game ending TO(loss is not his fault). What if he does this again next year? Will you fans be as critical?

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is this US ****? You are NOT one of US, YOU are a favre/viqueen fan!!

Please do not continue to associate yourself with Packer fans, you are not one of use son.

I may be a Favre fan, but I'm not classless in wanting a player to be injured. And don't see the need to carry on with hammer-headed fans such as yourself.

But before I go...

Were you appointed by a judge or something? If not, then **** and don't worry about who I do or don't choose to follow. I don't know if it's because you don't have the ability to write things other than typical jr. high garbage or your lack of critical thought. But you need to understand that there are two ways of looking at things and it is acceptable to be critical of the your team. This is sports, not national defense, so the "with or against us" doesn't apply.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
I may be a Favre fan, but I'm not classless in wanting a player to be injured. And don't see the need to carry on with hammer-headed fans such as yourself.

But before I go...

Were you appointed by a judge or something? If not, then **** and don't worry about who I do or don't choose to follow. I don't know if it's because you don't have the ability to write things other than typical jr. high garbage or your lack of critical thought. But you need to understand that there are two ways of looking at things and it is acceptable to be critical of the your team. This is sports, not national defense, so the "with or against us" doesn't apply.
Whatever confused angry boy who writes an article on the norseman begging for the queen fans to accept him as one of their own. No judge is needed, you are no fan of the Packers. Your own words betray you - you don't need to be judged, you plead guilty.

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Farve annoys me now.i hope he retires.don't flip flop.anyone see that sears commercial with the TV.and the salesman asks what if i make it purple with some horns and nordic theme.Go Pack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts