What I Learned Yesterday...

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yesterday's game against the Bears showed me a few things:

1. Frank Zombo is for real. The guy could play. Him and a healthy Brad Jones gives the defense plenty of options.

2. The Packers are the best team in the NFC North. In order for the Bears to win by 3 AT HOME, it took a punt return for a TD, blocked FG, 18 penalties and no running game. Packers should win the division with ease. (Don't be surprised if the Bears lose to the NY Giants Sunday.)

3. Al Harris is needed back on the field. I like Sam Shields, but he has some developing to do.

4. Mike McCarthy still loves to challenge and lose.

5. Brandon Jackson is not an every down back and will never develop into one.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Did you also learn that Kuhn has a lot of power?

And I agree with number 2, even if the record lies. I really am looking forward to seeing another home Bears game only to see if the refs favor the Bears again. Yes we did make a lot of penalties, but it seemed like the games were fixed.

3. Yeah poor Shields needs to learn his position more.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree that Shields has a long educational road ahead in terms of playing CB in the NFL. I also feel that given the facts he played 1 year of CB in college, went undrafted, beat out several more experience players to move up the depth chart, and is seeing a lot of playing time in NFL games, is a real demonstration of drive and hard work. I think considering his experience not just in the NFL but at CB as well, he is playing pretty well. I do think that having Harris back and at 100% would give a boost to the defense as well. Yet the reps Shields is getting on gamedays plus the massive amounts of knowledge and skill possessed by Woodson and Harris that Shields can draw on and learn from, provides a pretty exciting prospect.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They Giants looked as penalty happy as us (they had 11). don't be surprised if the bears get more luck... ugh.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you also learn that Kuhn has a lot of power?

And I agree with number 2, even if the record lies. I really am looking forward to seeing another home Bears game only to see if the refs favor the Bears again. Yes we did make a lot of penalties, but it seemed like the games were fixed.

3. Yeah poor Shields needs to learn his position more.

Kuhn is beastly. I'd like to see him get 5 carries a game though, not 20. A #1 back gets 20 carries.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bears are a 4 point dog as of right now.... I could see this as a HUGE let down game for the Bears.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts