What I learned today

Reaction score
The offensive line sucks.
We can't finish off drives.
Our defense sucks without Clay Matthews
Charles Woodson can't cover without making penalties
The packers can't put anyone away.
Packers like making mistakes and penalties.
We like playing sloppy

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not too many bright spots today. But hey, Brandon Jackson had a pretty good game! I think you can put a lot of these defeats this year (excepting injuries) on the coaching staff - there just has not been any decline in the stupid mistakes. The coaches should be really empathizing that. This team has so much talent. The coaches should be cracking down a lot more (like, "DON'T DO THAT IDIOT!"). Those dumb penalties are killing this team. The Packers SHOULD be undefeated right now. :shock:

Yeah, having Matthews out is pretty revealing, huh?

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Ughhhh A Rod Needs to run the ****** ball when he is out the pocket... 2 of the sacks were coverage sacks... O line looked good... u guys ****** kill me... got damn have faith... if not why the **** do u cheer for the pack!!!

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ughhhh A Rod Needs to run the ****** ball when he is out the pocket... 2 of the sacks were coverage sacks... O line looked good... u guys ****** kill me... got damn have faith... if not why the **** do u cheer for the pack!!!

Some people remind me of announcers. They're all up on the clouds when we're doing well and looking good but when we mess up or are struggling they jump on the bandwagon and rip us apart.

I agree with you and the way I see it is we are in rough shape on both sides of the ball. That being said we need to re-discover how we play the game. We had lots of new players on the field, which will make it tough for the others who are usually out there relying on each other.

A lot will be discussed I'm sure with the Packers because they will be back at the drawing board tonight discussing what kind of team we have right now and how we can best play with that team.

We'll get there, and yes everyone needs to keep their heads up. We still have a great team on the field and we'll be fine.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting sick of the management staff sitting on their thumbs and not moving towards signing some help for our ailing team! Burnett out for the season, Barnett prob. out for the season, Williams got hurt today, Bigby still hurt, Harris Hurt, when both of them come back, who KNOWS how they'll play. Defensive line is beat up. Yet we sit and sign NO one. All this does is make the players we do have play nearly the entire game and... well... get hurt! They don't have to sign studs to help replace the injured players, just SOME bodies on the field is all I'm asking.

Grant is out for the season, yet we sit with Jackson, and a fullback as our ball carriers. We see how well that's working! 13 points scored today... squeak by the lions... Lynch gets traded to the Seahawks for NOTHING. There are still three or four quality free agent backs sitting there that would sign for next to nothing, and there are backs we could trade for. I feel like they are waiting till Ahman Green's season in the AFL is done so they can sign him. Well, how many games are we going to lose before A. Green gets done B. Harris, Bigby, Starks are healthy.....

In overtime today, they get into field goal range and PASS THE BALL?!?!?!?!?!?! tuck the ball, run up the middle in between the hash marks, try and get a couple yards, kick the field goal and win the game.... not that hard of a concept huh? Hell, high school teams could have done that. But noooooo we had to be fancy and do stupid crap instead of just winning the damn game!

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we've passed the point where a RB would help. with this many injuries its not worth it

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have opportunity to go up 7 and you are on 4th down TAKE THE POINTS!!!!

I told my wife this would come back and bite them in the *** and it did. < that is for real

I hope mccarthy reads this i would have gone for the 3 as you never know so now i do not care for his arrogance......:chisux::viksux:

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have opportunity to go up 7 and you are on 4th down TAKE THE POINTS!!!!

I told my wife this would come back and bite them in the *** and it did. < that is for real

I hope mccarthy reads this i would have gone for the 3 as you never know so now i do not care for his arrogance......:chisux::viksux:

or, at least DONT run the ball when we have no running back! Jackson is too small to plow through the line, and Kuhn isn't agile enough..... if they were to go for it on 4th down, pass the ball! All those weapons in the receiving corps... use them!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Grant is out for the season, yet we sit with Jackson, and a fullback as our ball carriers. We see how well that's working! 13 points scored today... squeak by the lions... Lynch gets traded to the Seahawks for NOTHING. There are still three or four quality free agent backs sitting there that would sign for next to nothing, and there are backs we could trade for. I feel like they are waiting till Ahman Green's season in the AFL is done so they can sign him. Well, how many games are we going to lose before A. Green gets done B. Harris, Bigby, Starks are healthy.....

I see you missed our 10000 viewed thread on we need a rb thread

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In overtime today, they get into field goal range and PASS THE BALL?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah, I was sitting here just dumbfounded at that. Sure, Crosby wasnt having a good day, but from where that was, even he could have made it!!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truth be told I don't hold that against Charles woodson. That penalty didn't cost us a game, heck there were plenty of Holds, and PIs on both sides of the ball that could have been called if you ask me. I like that Charles is physical. And I expect a couple of penalties per game on him, but that's what you get from him as a corner.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive line sucks.
We can't finish off drives.
Our defense sucks without Clay Matthews
Charles Woodson can't cover without making penalties
The packers can't put anyone away.
Packers like making mistakes and penalties.
We like playing sloppy

This is about what I'd expect from an Aaron Rodgers fan. That is not a personal attack just an observation. Aaron Rodgers fans refuse to acknowledge his shortcomings. HE lost this game. HE had the ball TWICE with a chance to win it. The first time he handed the ball over to Crosby who missed a fieldgoal. The second time he threw an INT. "I want the ball in my hands late in games" indeed.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is about what I'd expect from an Aaron Rodgers fan. That is not a personal attack just an observation. Aaron Rodgers fans refuse to acknowledge his shortcomings. HE lost this game. HE had the ball TWICE with a chance to win it. The first time he handed the ball over to Crosby who missed a fieldgoal. The second time he threw an INT. "I want the ball in my hands late in games" indeed.

I'm just going to correct you again... Aaron obviously dropped a ball on third down that hit him in the hands. He obviously called the boot leg on 4th down. He obviously got Pass Interference calls on him all game long.

Listen dude... I don't care for Aaron much either, but there is no way this WHOLE game is his fault. Hang it on McNuggets. He always gets out coached.

OP
OP
Aaron rodgers is god
Reaction score

Alright i guess ill add he had a bad game. Ive seen him for 3 years now. This is one of the few bad games hes had. Its a team sport the loss doesnt go on his shoulders.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't have a lot of help it seemed from his supporting staff. washington's DL seemed to manhandle our OL, and Rogers never seemed to get into a rhythm in the second half that I saw. SO its no surprise he'd throw one pick in this game. I'm just shocked it came in OT. However, we are diluting ourselves if we think this is proof that Rodgers is the next vinny intercepteverde etc. There are at least ten teams that would love to have Rodgers as their QB right now in place of who they are, so let's not be too ******* the guy.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't have a lot of help it seemed from his supporting staff. washington's DL seemed to manhandle our OL, and Rogers never seemed to get into a rhythm in the second half that I saw. SO its no surprise he'd throw one pick in this game. I'm just shocked it came in OT. However, we are diluting ourselves if we think this is proof that Rodgers is the next vinny intercepteverde etc. There are at least ten teams that would love to have Rodgers as their QB right now in place of who they are, so let's not be too ******* the guy.

I remember a game a few years ago...I want to say it was the game where Donald Lee had his first start as a Packer. The "skilled positions" were so depleted at one point Favre was reduced to kneeling in the huddle and drawing plays in the dirt on at least one occassion and probably more, so that his guys knew where to go. If it's the game I'm remembering, Favre to Donald Lee late won the game. A GREAT QB...which is what Packer Nation has labelled Aaron to be can overcome such obstacles like a bad offensive line, or a bad day by an offensive line, depeleted skilled positions, bad coaching *They're called audibles*, a tough overpowering blitz happy defense, bad weather, a concussion (I've had a couple it's not easy but it is do-able). Aaron Rodgers can't do this so far.

I'm labelled a Packer hater, a Viking fan, a troll and other things...why? Because I don't see lollipops and gumdrops when I look at our QB. I didn't see Favre that way either...I just didn't discover this forum in '05 and '06 when I wanted Thompson to go out in Free Agency and get a BETTER QB than Favre because at that time I knew what I know now about Rodgers. (Believe me I yelled F***in' Hillbilly ALOT in '05 and '06)

I'm knowledgeable, I'm honest, I just don't eat the **** that I'm spoon fed by the local media, which is spoon fed to them by TT and company. I think for myself, and speak what I know, and I don't give a damn whether I'm loved or hated.

Don't respect me if you don't want to, but don't badmouth me and blatantly disrespect me because I'm not a lemming.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember a game a few years ago...I want to say it was the game where Donald Lee had his first start as a Packer. The "skilled positions" were so depleted at one point Favre was reduced to kneeling in the huddle and drawing plays in the dirt on at least one occassion and probably more, so that his guys knew where to go. If it's the game I'm remembering, Favre to Donald Lee late won the game. A GREAT QB...which is what Packer Nation has labelled Aaron to be can overcome such obstacles like a bad offensive line, or a bad day by an offensive line, depeleted skilled positions, bad coaching *They're called audibles*, a tough overpowering blitz happy defense, bad weather, a concussion (I've had a couple it's not easy but it is do-able). Aaron Rodgers can't do this so far.

I'm labelled a Packer hater, a Viking fan, a troll and other things...why? Because I don't see lollipops and gumdrops when I look at our QB. I didn't see Favre that way either...I just didn't discover this forum in '05 and '06 when I wanted Thompson to go out in Free Agency and get a BETTER QB than Favre because at that time I knew what I know now about Rodgers. (Believe me I yelled F***in' Hillbilly ALOT in '05 and '06)

I'm knowledgeable, I'm honest, I just don't eat the **** that I'm spoon fed by the local media, which is spoon fed to them by TT and company. I think for myself, and speak what I know, and I don't give a damn whether I'm loved or hated.

Don't respect me if you don't want to, but don't badmouth me and blatantly disrespect me because I'm not a lemming.

It's not hard to see why people call you those things. This forum is not going to take kindly to you ripping on something we all feel is our future. Someone who will take us to the big dance.

If you don't agree, then you're obviously going to get a lot of negative feedback. You say you're very smart but yet you fail to see this, then I don't know what to tell you sir. Come into a fan forum bashing on our future, expect to be bashed back.

I don't think all your points are invalid or annoying but I do find a lot of them negative and rude. Do what you want to do but don't expect us to want to hear your negativity about our team.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not hard to see why people call you those things. This forum is not going to take kindly to you ripping on something we all feel is our future. Someone who will take us to the big dance.

If you don't agree, then you're obviously going to get a lot of negative feedback. You say you're very smart but yet you fail to see this, then I don't know what to tell you sir. Come into a fan forum bashing on our future, expect to be bashed back.

I don't think all your points are invalid or annoying but I do find a lot of them negative and rude. Do what you want to do but don't expect us to want to hear your negativity about our team.

And if I saw results in the area that needed improvement, or if the specific zebra in this case changed it's stripes you'd see that I'm a kinder gentler almost santa type that only wants to see this team be 19-0 every year, just like I want to see the Chicago Cubs go 176-0 every year, and the Redwings go 82-0 and sweep through the playoffs every year, and Auburn Tigers football to go undefeated every year and win the national championship every year.

When I see weaknesses in my teams I want them removed and upgraded ASAP...before they can be exposed. Rodgers and Thompson are the two longest-standing weakneses this team has. Clifton and Tauscher have only gone to pot this year. The O-Line as a whole went to pot BECAUSE of Thompson originally. McCarthy being coach can be blamed on Thompson, as can Rodgers being drafted. So Ted first.

I'm not saying I don't see all the OTHER weaknesses...but Ted's the first and Aaron is the biggest that I see. I question at times if some of the guys on the team are even 'Aaron' guys.

This TEAM as a whole still has me and never lost me. This GM will never have me...and this QB needs to win me over by winning winnable games from behind. The truly great ones can dig out of holes. For this team's sake I WANT Aaron to be great. He just has to show that he can be.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if I saw results in the area that needed improvement, or if the specific zebra in this case changed it's stripes you'd see that I'm a kinder gentler almost santa type that only wants to see this team be 19-0 every year, just like I want to see the Chicago Cubs go 176-0 every year, and the Redwings go 82-0 and sweep through the playoffs every year, and Auburn Tigers football to go undefeated every year and win the national championship every year.

When I see weaknesses in my teams I want them removed and upgraded ASAP...before they can be exposed. Rodgers and Thompson are the two longest-standing weakneses this team has. Clifton and Tauscher have only gone to pot this year. The O-Line as a whole went to pot BECAUSE of Thompson originally. McCarthy being coach can be blamed on Thompson, as can Rodgers being drafted. So Ted first.

I'm not saying I don't see all the OTHER weaknesses...but Ted's the first and Aaron is the biggest that I see. I question at times if some of the guys on the team are even 'Aaron' guys.

This TEAM as a whole still has me and never lost me. This GM will never have me...and this QB needs to win me over by winning winnable games from behind. The truly great ones can dig out of holes. For this team's sake I WANT Aaron to be great. He just has to show that he can be.

i stopped reading your post part way through because it was boring and a response i expected. something about loving your team and being a cool kid blah blah dont care anymore.

i like ted t 99% of the time and enjoy the team he creates. that's all i'm sayin. you're too negative to get into a real discussion with. someone else can feed you though. go pack go!!!:happy0005::happy0005::happy0005:

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
realpackerbacker i dont know if youre just a really bad troll or if you're that dumb that you actually beleive the words that you are typing.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it my fault that I don't have a 'eh who cares' attitude about my teams? Packer Nation used to be FILLED with fans like me...just ask Bingston. Now I'm the troll, *********, ******, and dumb because I still AM that guy. It's not MY loyalty and love of the team...trust me...20 years ago you guys would've been eaten alive.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it my fault that I don't have a 'eh who cares' attitude about my teams? Packer Nation used to be FILLED with fans like me...just ask Bingston. Now I'm the troll, *********, ******, and dumb because I still AM that guy. It's not MY loyalty and love of the team...trust me...20 years ago you guys would've been eaten alive.

And for the Johnny Come Lately's here...1990 was BEFORE Holmgren so it was about 6 years before you guys even knew we had a team.

Members online

Latest posts