What I don't Like about the Queens signing Childress

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. This might be petty, but here is another example in a short time period where a player or coach has chosen another team over us. Unlike the past. (Remember Koren Robinson did the same before the start of the season). I don't like this trend.

2. Honestly, as fans we know very little about most these coaches. When I hear Bud Grant support Childress that worries me. Remember Grant is from Wisconsin.

3. Because Childress signed, now the flood gates for coaches signing might have opened. Hopefully TT already has a firm plan in place. (I would assume Bates).

4. The Queens may have very well just gotten a very good coach who will definitely be better then Tice and who has worked with a QB that is similar to Culpepper.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: What I don't Like about the Queens signing Childres

Childress is a step above meathead but he is an average Offensive mind. I am a long standing Badger fan and it just drove me crazy to watch his defenses. If he gets his running game going though watch out. He is as dedicated to the run as anybody. Philly went away from the run this year IMO because Reid wanted to not by Childress' choice

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Childress was guaranteed the job in Minny, he was to interview in GB. He was merely taking the sure thing to get his foot in the HC door. From a talent standpoint, the Queens are attractive, but they have yet to hire their GM or "football guy" which is kinda backwards and should be a red flag about the competency of the new owners.

Wilf has a big ego and is definitely a "get what I want" kinda guy. Mistakes are made with this mindset...ala Daniel Snyder.

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A difference I do see between Wilf and Snyder is that Wilf does not seem like a big mouth ***hole. I guess losers can be nice guys too.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Word around the Twin Shitties is the guy is kinda arrogant and a little abrasive. I do not know many people who could reach the heights of arrogance that Snyser displayed, but Wilf is definitely a guy of the same vein.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

That's not abrasive or arrogant...

It's just an east coast thing...

Go Giants..since the Pack is out of it!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As long as Wilf lets the football guys run the team and evaluate the talent, he can be as arrogant as he wants.
He said he will spend whatever it takes to "get MYSELF a championship".
[That quote is a little scary, though].

To be fair to Tice, Red wouldn't put out any cash for assistant coaches or use that cap room for better players.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The reason I'm glad Childress is in Minny is that it ensures TO won't ever go there to play. Talk about a coach with discipline...TO told Childress never to speak to him unless he is spoken to...

I wonder if TO would tell that to someone like Parcells, Holmgren, or possibly Bates...

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score

According to a commentary from Sport columnist Bob Sansevre Of Knight Ridder newspapers in Saturday's Green Bay Press-Gazette. He said Tom Heckert Of the Eagles was the top GM candidate for Vikings decided to stay with the Eagles. Then Gregg Williams one of their top coaching candidates signed a big deal to stay with the Redskins. As Bob Sansevre said: "Suddenly the Vikings ducks were not in row and a mad scrambled suddenly was on." Of coarse, the Vikings said they did not panic . Sure they didn't panic. did they?

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sounds like the panic button was pushed to me. First interview...signed. Not a lot of time to thoroughly research a future head coach , at least in my opinion. I'm sure he's a step up, but it remains to be seen. At least TT is spinning the revolving door of potential coaches to at least see the big picture. Let's hope it pays off.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I love that they hired him. He was thouroughly underwhelming to me and the owner hired him without first hiring a GM. I think Zygi has Dan Snyder written all over him.

Members online

Latest posts