What happened?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it was reactionary you would have been hearing my mouth after week one. That isn't the case is it? Like ive stated before, i dont feel the need to bang my chest after every win. Nor do i feel the need to degrade them after every loss

Remember in 2010 when you ranted about how the team was done, they should fire thompson and McCarthy? You also wanted to hire Rex Ryan to take over the team. Later when we went to the super bowl you admitted you reacted out of anger and that you would no longer question TT?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Spot on.

If/When we ever start to go back to our winning ways then we will feel like drinking the beer instead of crying into it.

It is in no way negative to be down on the team at this time.
Instead it is being realistic and present.

As someone already posted today, maybe there is a silver lining in this current losing streak:
  1. A serious bite of humble pie for the Packer players, the head coach, and the top management?
  2. A reminder to us fans how thin the ice is on the pond called, "Being a contender". This goes for both Packer fans and Giants fans, btw. I mean, it wasn't long ago that both these teams fought each other for the right to go to the SB. Today, they both fought for relevance...

PFanCan

Reaction score
Look at my avatar the Cyclones in football are 1-9 and I hold out hope they'll finish on a good note, same with the Packers. Real fans don't throw in the towel after a few tough losses they stay true through hell or high water. Fans though shouldn't be demonized for questioning the franchises motives of why they sign him or let that player go. They're professionals they know what they're doing and they've got to run it like a business.

However though the very fact that you've never been part of a losing team questions you're loyalty and willingness to tough it out that you're not going to "jump ship" because of a sub .500 record. There are many people here who've seen the worst of the Packers through out the 70s and 80s, and even more that have rejoiced in the success of the past 20+ years, throwing in the towel because of the past three weeks shows weakness and labels you as a fair-weather fan, Packer fans real one's aren't fair-weather or never give up hope, even if all hope is lost. We are a few in a league of 32 teams and millions of fans, most of these teams and their "fans" are nothing but made up of 70% fair-weather and bandwagon. Unlike those other teams and their fans spotting those types pretending to be Pack fans is easy because at the first sign of trouble or continued trouble they're gone.

Do prove to those doubters wrong that you aren't about to jump off a ship that has a few holes, but isn't sinking.

I disagree. If a fan doesn't believe that the season will end with a SB victory, that does not make them a "fair weather fan". Rather, it makes them a "fan that doesn't believe his/her team is good enough to win the SB".

IMO, a "fair weather fan" is someone who, once the team starts to lose, tunes out and finds something else to do with their time (or, worse, starts to cheer for another team). They only return to the original team as an active fan once the team starts to win again.

But, that's just my definition. You can certain have your definition however you want.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Welcome, Sandolf.

We are a bit negative right now because we lost only hours ago. And, we have been quite spoiled for a long time in that we usually win games. Losing is something foreign to this team-- especially losing in streaks-- and even more in that two of these last three losses came at home. We also are not used to having to deal with backup QBs seeing that only a few have started beyond Favre and Rodgers in the last fricking twenty years.

So, forgive ourselves while we cry for a while. :cry:

Well your team has a winning tradition. I can remember Bart Starr and SB I... which identifies me as somewhat of an old fart. I am interested in following Tolzien because he was a player the Chargers drafted.

Our season is rapidly going down the toilet. The heathens with the torches run Norv Turner out of town and now we have a rookie head coach who can't tell his **** from a hole in the ground. The culture of losing sucks big time.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Well your team has a winning tradition. I can remember Bart Starr and SB I... which identifies me as somehat of an old fart. I am interested in following Tolzien because he was a player the Chargers drafted.

Our season is rapidly going down the toilet. The heathens with the torches run Norv Turner out of town and now we have a rookie head coach who can't tell his **** from a hole in the ground. The culture of losing sucks big time.

There are quite a few old farts around here, so you should be at home. I won't name names, though, to avoid, you know, pointing out the advancing ages of some of the posters. But, if you want to know who the old farts are, just ask LT or ThxJack or a few others who have been here a very very long time, if you get my drift. :p

Anyhow, I like Tolzien. Yeah, I know, six five (edit) picks in two games suck. But, I still liked what I saw. He needs to learn to protect the ball more. Hopefully, he gets a chance to learn from Rodgers and applies it.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Anyhow, I like Tolzien. Yeah, I know, six picks in two games suck. But, I still liked what I saw. He needs to learn to protect the ball more. Hopefully, he gets a chance to learn from Rodgers and applies it.

I'm trying to like Tolzien but his mechanics are poor. He has a somewhat low release point which is not a good look for a 6'2" QB which helps account for those batted balls and perhaps the JPP pick. Under pressure he drops his arm down a bit further and his accuracy is compromised. His footwork is sketchy at times under pressure.

SF probably let him go because his mechanics had not progressed after 2 years. The Packers might be a able to tweek a few things in the off season, but he is who he is for the balance of this season and realistically beyond.

He looks like he's working though some progressions and knows what he's looking at. He's got a strong arm and a fair amount of gunslinger in him, and when he's given a clean pocket he can certainly make some plays.

At least as we lose these games he can provide some excitement. He's doing better than what we could have expected from Harrell, Coleman or Young. He'll also make more plays than Wallace, but I suspect Wallace would do a better job of protecting the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Blasterous statements mean very little unless you offer some substance to back up claims. Talking about how you turned around some High School program that I've never heard of means less than dirt really. How you think that translates equally up to the level of the pros I really don't see.
I'm a Packers and football expert because I'm part of two championship winning slow pitch softball teams.
I'm certain that experience will get me a coaching job with the Pack.

Yeah, and we all know that high school and pro football are on the exact same level and there are no differences between the two.
Why else do you think that so many NFL coaches are hired directly from high school with no in between with coaching college?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill try this for the third time now. I've never been a part of a losing organization in my life, playing or coaching. Im sorry if im blunt. Im sorry if i expect more out of my organization. Im sorry of i expect more from my players. Im sorry if i expect more from my staff. I've benched kids that are ranked in the nation for blowing a play. I expect perfection from my team. Garfield h.s hasn't had a winning team since me and miles Austin were playing let alone a winning season. Guess where we are this year? TT only wants "his" players and ignores an entire pool of talent. I've been saying it for two years now. 50 of 53 players. I made a thread about it before, not even knowing the exact statistic but knew it was something crazy just off hand. You build thru the draft no doubt but you can't turn your face to all other options. I've started freshman on my varsity team strictly because they were flat out better. And if that said senior had a problem, outplay the freshman and gain that spot back. I don't give it to you because your "homegrown". I dgaf where you are from, if you can play ball you're playing. I've completely changed the culture of this highschool. So you can try and knock me all you want because of your blind loyalty but i expect perfection im sorry if you accept losing
Your fingers keep typing but all I read is blah, blah, blah.

Send in your resume' to Lambeau. Get hired by the Packers. And then we will "talk."

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Haha you guys are comedic relief. Like ive said, never part of a losing organization whether a player or coach. Maybe you guys are cool with losing. Im not. My players arent. My coaches arent and now my school isn't. Why? because ive instilled that mindset in one year. And like ive stated to LT, i dont feel the need to bang my chest when we win. I expect to win. That's my mindset and he seemed to accept that. Didnt hear a peep from me in tha week 1 loss to the 49ers. Or the mental debacle in cinci. Or the bears loss. Or the eagles loss. But now its a problem whether you accept it or not. I still feel like we can win the division been screaming it to every giants fan in NY this week whether we won or loss this week. It's the way we lose thats disturbing.

I thought you were a cop ?

I

I'm a Packers and football expert because I'm part of two championship winning slow pitch softball teams.
I'm certain that experience will get me a coaching job with the Pack.

Yeah, and we all know that high school and pro football are on the exact same level and there are no differences between the two.
Why else do you think that so many NFL coaches are hired directly from high school with no in between with coaching college?

I`ve won the Superbowl 13 times with 3 different times, with two perfect back to back seasons, so put that in your pipe and smoke it :D.

D

Dan115

The Packers are now 5-5. Time for a few people to move on out of Green Bay. Good Bye and please- do NOT COME BACK!

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just suffered an embarrasing loss to the Fish. The Bolt faithful seem rather comatose this evening. You guys are 5-5 and only one win off the division lead. This is pretty heady stuff compared with our lot in the AFC West.

So I am a bit surprised the mood is so negative here.
Uncharted waters. ;)

PFanCan

Reaction score
I'm certain that experience will get me a coaching job with the Pack...

Get in line. I once took a 6th grade boys basketball squad to the championship game. We lost that last match, but I think this character-builder will go a long ways towards landing me a job with the Packers ahead of all you wanna-bes. Just waiting for that call. Dom, keep that chair warm for me!

LOL

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A better talent evaluator, huh? Here's what this poster had to say about one of the Packers' draft picks in the 2009 draft: (I added the underlines.) You all no doubt recognize this brilliant analysis was posted after the "embarrassing" draft pick of Clay Matthews. And it’s not a big deal to be wrong about a player, but he was so arrogantly wrong it is difficult to ignore. And as I've posted before, we know at least one person embarrassed by the Matthews' pick.

BTW, have you ever noticed that people who have broadcast how smart, successful, etc. they are turn out not to be? Again, not a big deal but I’ll bet most of the braggadocio in the OP is BS.
A better talent evaluator, huh? Here's what this poster had to say about one of the Packers' draft picks in the 2009 draft: (I added the underlines.) You all no doubt recognize this brilliant analysis was posted after the "embarrassing" draft pick of Clay Matthews. And it’s not a big deal to be wrong about a player, but he was so arrogantly wrong it is difficult to ignore. And as I've posted before, we know at least one person embarrassed by the Matthews' pick.

BTW, have you ever noticed that people who have broadcast how smart, successful, etc. they are turn out not to be? Again, not a big deal but I’ll bet most of the braggadocio in the OP is BS.[/quo
How many full seasons has clay been a part of? As much as we are in love with him the man can't seem to stay healthy. And being on the field is half the battle. How many "studs" have we found in the first round? You can pick and choose your shots all you want makes no difference to me but how many of our first round picks are on the field as we speak? What free agents have i clamored for? Since most are under the impression im a "fantasy football" evaluator. How many 24 year old head coaches are in the league? Ya'll are a funny group. I still believe we win the division but to think all is well right now is being naive. To believe our entire coaching staff is perfect is as well. To think someone else can't do better is as well. I don't live in that land folks

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at my avatar the Cyclones in football are 1-9 and I hold out hope they'll finish on a good note, same with the Packers. Real fans don't throw in the towel after a few tough losses they stay true through hell or high water. Fans though shouldn't be demonized for questioning the franchises motives of why they sign him or let that player go. They're professionals they know what they're doing and they've got to run it like a business.

However though the very fact that you've never been part of a losing team questions you're loyalty and willingness to tough it out that you're not going to "jump ship" because of a sub .500 record. There are many people here who've seen the worst of the Packers through out the 70s and 80s, and even more that have rejoiced in the success of the past 20+ years, throwing in the towel because of the past three weeks shows weakness and labels you as a fair-weather fan, Packer fans real one's aren't fair-weather or never give up hope, even if all hope is lost. We are a few in a league of 32 teams and millions of fans, most of these teams and their "fans" are nothing but made up of 70% fair-weather and bandwagon. Unlike those other teams and their fans spotting those types pretending to be Pack fans is easy because at the first sign of trouble or continued trouble they're gone.

Do prove to those doubters wrong that you aren't about to jump off a ship that has a few holes, but isn't sinking.
I've been a packer fan since 98. The biggest packer fan in the tri state. Anybody who knows me knows the passion i have for this team. I will not have that in question by a bunch of Internet folk who don't know me. I still believe we will win the division but im not ok with settling for that. I demand more im sorry if you don't. I demand more than just saying youll right the ship. I want to see it done. I don't accept watching the same mistake repeated season after season. Im not ok with another qb going down in the history books as one of the greatest but with only one ring. I demand alot from myself and everyone around me in every aspect of life. I don't accept losing. And when it happens i try everything in my power to not to let it repeat. For all the Lombardi talk that goes on around here i seem to be the only one with that mindset. Dont question my fan hood because i question certain decisions. Isn't it odd for practically the entire first half i called over 80% of the plays we ran. With a room full of giants fan they were amazed and amused. But yea i really don't know squat about this game

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought you were a cop ?
I am. Coach on the side for fun. Lift regularly. 230lbs under 7% bf and in better shape than 98.7% of you. I do a lot with my time i apologize I can't be here for every win loss tie or move we make. Some people have other things to do ya know ;)

Last edited:
I

I've been a packer fan since 98. The biggest packer fan in the tri state. Anybody who knows me knows the passion i have for this team. I will not have that in question by a bunch of Internet folk who don't know me. I still believe we will win the division but im not ok with settling for that. I demand more im sorry if you don't. I demand more than just saying youll right the ship. I want to see it done. I don't accept watching the same mistake repeated season after season. Im not ok with another qb going down in the history books as one of the greatest but with only one ring. I demand alot from myself and everyone around me in every aspect of life. I don't accept losing. And when it happens i try everything in my power to not to let it repeat. For all the Lombardi talk that goes on around here i seem to be the only one with that mindset. Dont question my fan hood because i question certain decisions. Isn't it odd for practically the entire first half i called over 80% of the plays we ran. With a room full of giants fan they were amazed and amused. But yea i really don't know squat about this game

I don`t think your fanhood is in question here, and you are entitled to your opinion, but rant all you want to, you cant change anything at Lambeau because you are just like all of us all here, a fan.
You and I have talked before last year. You seem a decent guy but you do go at things like a bull at a gate, which sets you up for critisism mate ;). You even admitted that yourself last year. Take deep breaths and calm down ;). We lost, and as much as it tastes nasty, we can`t change that. WE HAVE TO BELIEVE !!

D

Dan115

I am. Coach on the side for fun. Lift regularly. 230lbs under 7% bf and in better shape than 98.7% of you. I do a lot with my time i apologize I can't be here for every win loss tie or move we make. Some people have other things to do ya know ;)

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z
I don`t think your fanhood is in question here, and you are entitled to your opinion, but rant all you want to, you cant change anything at Lambeau because you are just like all of us all here, a fan.
You and I have talked before last year. You seem a decent guy but you do go at things like a bull at a gate, which sets you up for critisism mate ;). You even admitted that yourself last year. Take deep breaths and calm down ;). We lost, and as much as it tastes nasty, we can`t change that. WE HAVE TO BELIEVE !!
i go at everything in life like a bull and take command of any given situation im in. It's what my job entails. Some people handle situations differently . Obviously we can't do a damn thing about whats going on but im entitled to my 2 cents, whether right or wrong, just like you are. I want more from "my" team is all. Doesn't make me a bad fan or bandwagon fan i just show my passion differently. Im a bit of a perfectionist everyones different

I

Z

i go at everything in life like a bull and take command of any given situation im in. It's what my job entails. Some people handle situations differently . Obviously we can't do a damn thing about whats going on but im entitled to my 2 cents, whether right or wrong, just like you are. I want more from "my" team is all. Doesn't make me a bad fan or bandwagon fan i just show my passion differently. Im a bit of a perfectionist everyones different

I never disputed that. Just an observation.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Sorry mate, what was your point ??
He just wanted to be sure his analysis of Matthews wouldn't be lost if I decided to erase my post. :D
Isn't it odd for practically the entire first half i called over 80% of the plays we ran. With a room full of giants fan they were amazed and amused. But yea i really don't know squat about this game
Blowhard much? There's a chat feature on this site that I believe is active during Packers games. Next game call the plays before they happen if you'd like to prove how often you're correct. And of course any knowledgeable fan knows there's a wide variation of running plays and passing plays so I'm sure that's not all you were guessing, right? (BTW the Giants' fans may have been amused but if you carried on there as you do here, it wasn't because of your play guessing.)

The bottom line: If you were half of what you claim to be, you wouldn't have to brag about yourself here.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never disputed that. Just an observation.
Well you hit the nail on the head lol. Im glad i put some life into this board. You all could have been wallowing in this loss but here comes the black sheep and ya rallied together to defend your team. Not all is bad in packer land after all!

Members online

Latest posts