1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

What happened?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Spanish Rose, Nov 17, 2013.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,017
    Remember in 2010 when you ranted about how the team was done, they should fire thompson and McCarthy? You also wanted to hire Rex Ryan to take over the team. Later when we went to the super bowl you admitted you reacted out of anger and that you would no longer question TT?

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +862
    As someone already posted today, maybe there is a silver lining in this current losing streak:
    1. A serious bite of humble pie for the Packer players, the head coach, and the top management?
    2. A reminder to us fans how thin the ice is on the pond called, "Being a contender". This goes for both Packer fans and Giants fans, btw. I mean, it wasn't long ago that both these teams fought each other for the right to go to the SB. Today, they both fought for relevance...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +862
    I disagree. If a fan doesn't believe that the season will end with a SB victory, that does not make them a "fair weather fan". Rather, it makes them a "fan that doesn't believe his/her team is good enough to win the SB".

IMO, a "fair weather fan" is someone who, once the team starts to lose, tunes out and finds something else to do with their time (or, worse, starts to cheer for another team). They only return to the original team as an active fan once the team starts to win again.

But, that's just my definition. You can certain have your definition however you want.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +281
    Well your team has a winning tradition. I can remember Bart Starr and SB I... which identifies me as somewhat of an old fart. I am interested in following Tolzien because he was a player the Chargers drafted.

Our season is rapidly going down the toilet. The heathens with the torches run Norv Turner out of town and now we have a rookie head coach who can't tell his bung from a hole in the ground. The culture of losing sucks big time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +862
    There are quite a few old farts around here, so you should be at home. I won't name names, though, to avoid, you know, pointing out the advancing ages of some of the posters. But, if you want to know who the old farts are, just ask LT or ThxJack or a few others who have been here a very very long time, if you get my drift. :p

Anyhow, I like Tolzien. Yeah, I know, six five (edit) picks in two games suck. But, I still liked what I saw. He needs to learn to protect the ball more. Hopefully, he gets a chance to learn from Rodgers and applies it.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,137
    I'm trying to like Tolzien but his mechanics are poor. He has a somewhat low release point which is not a good look for a 6'2" QB which helps account for those batted balls and perhaps the JPP pick. Under pressure he drops his arm down a bit further and his accuracy is compromised. His footwork is sketchy at times under pressure.

SF probably let him go because his mechanics had not progressed after 2 years. The Packers might be a able to tweek a few things in the off season, but he is who he is for the balance of this season and realistically beyond.

He looks like he's working though some progressions and knows what he's looking at. He's got a strong arm and a fair amount of gunslinger in him, and when he's given a clean pocket he can certainly make some plays.

At least as we lose these games he can provide some excitement. He's doing better than what we could have expected from Harrell, Coleman or Young. He'll also make more plays than Wallace, but I suspect Wallace would do a better job of protecting the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I'm a Packers and football expert because I'm part of two championship winning slow pitch softball teams.
    I'm certain that experience will get me a coaching job with the Pack.

Yeah, and we all know that high school and pro football are on the exact same level and there are no differences between the two.
    Why else do you think that so many NFL coaches are hired directly from high school with no in between with coaching college?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    Your fingers keep typing but all I read is blah, blah, blah.

Send in your resume' to Lambeau. Get hired by the Packers. And then we will "talk."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,774
    I thought you were a cop ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,774
    I`ve won the Superbowl 13 times with 3 different times, with two perfect back to back seasons, so put that in your pipe and smoke it :D.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,774
    to us ?......YES ;)

12. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,774
    Calm down mate ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481
    The Packers are now 5-5. Time for a few people to move on out of Green Bay. Good Bye and please- do NOT COME BACK!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. robertk328

robertk328 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +32
    Uncharted waters. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +862
    Get in line. I once took a 6th grade boys basketball squad to the championship game. We lost that last match, but I think this character-builder will go a long ways towards landing me a job with the Packers ahead of all you wanna-bes. Just waiting for that call. Dom, keep that chair warm for me!

LOL

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,774
    Sorry mate, what was your point ??

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    I've been a packer fan since 98. The biggest packer fan in the tri state. Anybody who knows me knows the passion i have for this team. I will not have that in question by a bunch of Internet folk who don't know me. I still believe we will win the division but im not ok with settling for that. I demand more im sorry if you don't. I demand more than just saying youll right the ship. I want to see it done. I don't accept watching the same mistake repeated season after season. Im not ok with another qb going down in the history books as one of the greatest but with only one ring. I demand alot from myself and everyone around me in every aspect of life. I don't accept losing. And when it happens i try everything in my power to not to let it repeat. For all the Lombardi talk that goes on around here i seem to be the only one with that mindset. Dont question my fan hood because i question certain decisions. Isn't it odd for practically the entire first half i called over 80% of the plays we ran. With a room full of giants fan they were amazed and amused. But yea i really don't know squat about this game

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    I am. Coach on the side for fun. Lift regularly. 230lbs under 7% bf and in better shape than 98.7% of you. I do a lot with my time i apologize I can't be here for every win loss tie or move we make. Some people have other things to do ya know ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,774
    I don`t think your fanhood is in question here, and you are entitled to your opinion, but rant all you want to, you cant change anything at Lambeau because you are just like all of us all here, a fan.
    You and I have talked before last year. You seem a decent guy but you do go at things like a bull at a gate, which sets you up for critisism mate ;). You even admitted that yourself last year. Take deep breaths and calm down ;). We lost, and as much as it tastes nasty, we can`t change that. WE HAVE TO BELIEVE !!

21. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481

22. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    Z
    i go at everything in life like a bull and take command of any given situation im in. It's what my job entails. Some people handle situations differently . Obviously we can't do a damn thing about whats going on but im entitled to my 2 cents, whether right or wrong, just like you are. I want more from "my" team is all. Doesn't make me a bad fan or bandwagon fan i just show my passion differently. Im a bit of a perfectionist everyones different

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,774
    I never disputed that. Just an observation.

24. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,842
    He just wanted to be sure his analysis of Matthews wouldn't be lost if I decided to erase my post. :D
    Blowhard much? There's a chat feature on this site that I believe is active during Packers games. Next game call the plays before they happen if you'd like to prove how often you're correct. And of course any knowledgeable fan knows there's a wide variation of running plays and passing plays so I'm sure that's not all you were guessing, right? (BTW the Giants' fans may have been amused but if you carried on there as you do here, it wasn't because of your play guessing.)

The bottom line: If you were half of what you claim to be, you wouldn't have to brag about yourself here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    Well you hit the nail on the head lol. Im glad i put some life into this board. You all could have been wallowing in this loss but here comes the black sheep and ya rallied together to defend your team. Not all is bad in packer land after all!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1