What happened?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha... you could all be Chargers fans. Think about that pain.

Greeting Cheeseheads. I come in peace. Bolttalk has some problems. I was wondering if things work better here.

Greetings good citizen. We Packers fans feel your pain. Hopefully things get better for the both of us.

As for Bolttalk, I'm not sure what's going on but we tend to have issues when we get a high amount of web traffic. Perhaps you can send Robdog a PM or I will actually send one for you as you may not be able to.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also; don't bro me if you don't know me.
Haha that statement just proves your a little touchy feely. As far as the "owner" statement being honorary, i remember a huge rebuttal when a Viking or bear fan came in here stating the same thing. I know what it is. As minute as it is i find pride in being able to say "my" team. You win tho congrats

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Greetings good citizen. We Packers fans feel your pain. Hopefully things get better for the both of us.

As for Bolttalk, I'm not sure what's going on but we tend to have issues when we get a high amount of web traffic. Perhaps you can send Robdog a PM or I will actually send one for you as you may not be able to.

I was hoping for a third party perspective. I checked out a couple of the closed threads. Scott Tolzien was a Charger and many of us thought he was better than Charlie Whitehurst... (clipboard Jesus). I noticed lots of banned posters. What was that about?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping for a third party perspective. I checked out a couple of the closed threads. Scott Tolzien was a Charger and many of us thought he was better than Charlie Whitehurst... (clipboard Jesus). I noticed lots of banned posters. What was that about?

Banned posters where?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasnt my question. Any more "stupid" comment? Dont prove what ever other fan base thinks of Wisconsin. I've been defending ya'll for too long for that
What do you mean that wasn't your question?
That is the title of this thread and it is a question that you posted.
They won. We lost.
Why make it more than that?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm very much not happy about the loss. But there is little we can do about it. It happened, on to the next game. I'd like to see Capers go as I do feel that he is part of the problem, though not all of it. But that subject already has its own thread.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I posted that two posters derailed the thread..

You have to read their posts

Well I did. It had something to do with Seneca Wallace being the black guy. Wasn't banning the offenders enough? I still don't get why you closed the thread or banned the posters.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll agree with not liking the way we lose but your whole: "I'm smarter than all these other guys" bit holds little water. As well it makes you come off as abrasive and narcissistic. Personally I just don't care for people like that. Drop the tangential anecdotes, write something of substance and we can talk.

Good luck with that. He a troll who shows up every couple of months to trash the organization for not running our roster like a fantasy football team, and never ever offers up anything bordering a realistic scenario for improvement.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never a packer player nor coach but there are other organizations besides them no? Or are the thousand other organizations across the country irrelevant?

If you were as talented as you like to think you are, then you'd be working for one of the NFL's 32 pro teams.... Until then, you might consider just...

Unfortunately I can't say it as my post will get edited.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
If you were as talented as you like to think you are, then you'd be working for one of the NFL's 32 pro teams.... Until then, you might consider just...

Unfortunately I can't say it as my post will get edited.

Edited? Really?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha... you could all be Chargers fans. Think about that pain.

Greeting Cheeseheads. I come in peace. Bolttalk has some problems. I was wondering if things work better here.

Eh, usually we're OK, though we certainly have our share of turds in the punch bowl.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Eh, usually we're OK, though we certainly have our share of turds in the punch bowl.

We just suffered an embarrasing loss to the Fish. The Bolt faithful seem rather comatose this evening. You guys are 5-5 and only one win off the division lead. This is pretty heady stuff compared with our lot in the AFC West.

So I am a bit surprised the mood is so negative here.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Yeah.. My post would be considered a personal attack, which is rightly frowned upon.

I just mentioned to one of your mods that when it happens at Bolttalk you don't only get an infraction. This whole pack (no pun) of mods shows up and commends each other with "likes" "winners" "agrees" and the such. I is really quite distasteful. I was wondering if the same happens here.

D

Dan115

Ill try this for the third time now. I've never been a part of a losing organization in my life, playing or coaching. Im sorry if im blunt. Im sorry if i expect more out of my organization. Im sorry of i expect more from my players. Im sorry if i expect more from my staff. I've benched kids that are ranked in the nation for blowing a play. I expect perfection from my team. Garfield h.s hasn't had a winning team since me and miles Austin were playing let alone a winning season. Guess where we are this year? TT only wants "his" players and ignores an entire pool of talent. I've been saying it for two years now. 50 of 53 players. I made a thread about it before, not even knowing the exact statistic but knew it was something crazy just off hand. You build thru the draft no doubt but you can't turn your face to all other options. I've started freshman on my varsity team strictly because they were flat out better. And if that said senior had a problem, outplay the freshman and gain that spot back. I don't give it to you because your "homegrown". I dgaf where you are from, if you can play ball you're playing. I've completely changed the culture of this highschool. So you can try and knock me all you want because of your blind loyalty but i expect perfection im sorry if you accept losing

You are sorry

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
You in the Chat Box during the 4th quarter of the game: "I'm a better coach, I'm a better talent evaluator, I'm a better positions coach", etc.
A better talent evaluator, huh? Here's what this poster had to say about one of the Packers' draft picks in the 2009 draft:
are you guys joking... we gave up WAY TOO MUCH for him.. are you kidding me we give up three picks to draft a guy who was a backup de for all of his carrer besides the last 10 games of usc's season.... we just drafted a co special team player of the year in the first round... that was the worst pick we could have ever possibly made.. hes an undersized linebacker and an undersized de.. hes absolutely useless..id much rather have poppinga started at olb then him... i am completely dissapointed we drafted a back up/ speacial teams player in the first round...its embarrassing
regardless if he was at usc or not he was still a back up linebacker in college... this isnt college anymore this is the nfl... if you can't even start in college how could i believe he will be amazing in the nfl.. i cant help but doubt him... he only started 10 games and that was because of injury to the starter..he ranked 4th on the team in tackles so that means we got the worst usc linebacker in the draft and we wasted a first rounder on him...
(I added the underlines.) You all no doubt recognize this brilliant analysis was posted after the "embarrassing" draft pick of Clay Matthews. And it’s not a big deal to be wrong about a player, but he was so arrogantly wrong it is difficult to ignore. And as I've posted before, we know at least one person embarrassed by the Matthews' pick.

BTW, have you ever noticed that people who have broadcast how smart, successful, etc. they are turn out not to be? Again, not a big deal but I’ll bet most of the braggadocio in the OP is BS.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
If you are talking about having hope or faith the biggest and often only test of that is with us. I don't think the team ever really gives up but the day they do is the day when ALL IS LOST.

I meant that you were the only one that expressed hope (that I recall) here on this board. I was not referring to the team. Just us arm-chair coaches and GMs here on this board...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
We just suffered an embarrasing loss to the Fish. The Bolt faithful seem rather comatose this evening. You guys are 5-5 and only one win off the division lead. This is pretty heady stuff compared with our lot in the AFC West.

So I am a bit surprised the mood is so negative here.

Welcome, Sandolf.

We are a bit negative right now because we lost only hours ago. And, we have been quite spoiled for a long time in that we usually win games. Losing is something foreign to this team-- especially losing in streaks-- and even more in that two of these last three losses came at home. We also are not used to having to deal with backup QBs seeing that only a few have started beyond Favre and Rodgers in the last fricking twenty years.

So, forgive ourselves while we cry for a while. :cry:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome, Sandolf.

We are a bit negative right now because we lost only hours ago. And, we have been quite spoiled for a long time in that we usually win games. Losing is something foreign to this team-- especially losing in streaks-- and even more in that two of these last three losses came at home. We also are not used to having to deal with backup QBs seeing that only a few have started beyond Favre and Rodgers in the last fricking twenty years.

So, forgive ourselves while we cry for a while. :cry:
Spot on.

If/When we ever start to go back to our winning ways then we will feel like drinking the beer instead of crying into it.

It is in no way negative to be down on the team at this time.
Instead it is being realistic and present.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill try this for the third time now. I've never been a part of a losing organization in my life
Look at my avatar the Cyclones in football are 1-9 and I hold out hope they'll finish on a good note, same with the Packers. Real fans don't throw in the towel after a few tough losses they stay true through hell or high water. Fans though shouldn't be demonized for questioning the franchises motives of why they sign him or let that player go. They're professionals they know what they're doing and they've got to run it like a business.

However though the very fact that you've never been part of a losing team questions you're loyalty and willingness to tough it out that you're not going to "jump ship" because of a sub .500 record. There are many people here who've seen the worst of the Packers through out the 70s and 80s, and even more that have rejoiced in the success of the past 20+ years, throwing in the towel because of the past three weeks shows weakness and labels you as a fair-weather fan, Packer fans real one's aren't fair-weather or never give up hope, even if all hope is lost. We are a few in a league of 32 teams and millions of fans, most of these teams and their "fans" are nothing but made up of 70% fair-weather and bandwagon. Unlike those other teams and their fans spotting those types pretending to be Pack fans is easy because at the first sign of trouble or continued trouble they're gone.

Do prove to those doubters wrong that you aren't about to jump off a ship that has a few holes, but isn't sinking.

Members online

Latest posts