What happened?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it was reactionary you would have been hearing my mouth after week one. That isn't the case is it? Like ive stated before, i dont feel the need to bang my chest after every win. Nor do i feel the need to degrade them after every loss
Just because you were not here back in September doesn't give you an alibi on being reactionary. As I've said in previous posts, it was the chest beating over your own accomplishments and stating that you were better than everyone in every coaching/ executive positions that the Packers Organization that colored your posts such. You not acknowledging that point doesn't change it.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is one thing that gets lost..

As much as we LOVE to think we know what is going on and that we know better then TT or MM, us fans are not a part of the team that can make any changes...

My stance is that those in charge know more of what is going on and do the best they know how..will they make mistakes? Hell yeah, they will..But some people feel that the coaches and Ted do things wrong on purpose and only care about their individual egos..

So while I feel just as bad about the loss as the next guy, I dont think I am "part" of the organization in the sense that what I say can make anything better...
Then you arent thinking highly enough of yourself. There is a reason coaches get fired season after season no matter what level you are talking about. If something isn't working, you change it till it does. Im not saying we should do in with the entire coaching staff, but something's been consistent year after year for the past 3 years. And you LT, of everyone, i believe knows what im talking about

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I seem to recall this or a similar thread of discussion cropping up mid-season 2010. I'm not saying I think we're sitting on a SB year right now, but very few people said we were in 2010 either. I don't think it's wrong to question management or leadership, it's human nature to question things. I'm just saying we've been here before guys, we've struggled and we've overcome. What I note most about the Packers is their resiliency. I also think it's OK to voice one's opinion on a forum whether it be positive or negative. That is the purpose of having a forum, to have such debates. So having said that, lets hope we can weather this storm.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because you were not here back in September doesn't give you an alibi on being reactionary. As I've said in previous posts, it was the chest beating over your own accomplishments and stating that you were better than everyone in every coaching/ executive position that the Packers Organization that colored your posts such. You not acknowledging that point doesn't change it.
I've been here since 09 10 whichever it was but that neither here nor there. Nor have ive stated i was better than EVERYONE in coaching\ executive positions. What I have stated is if something doesn't work, i change it till it does. And that i know for a fact has worked, no matter where ive been

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might not be football coach, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once !! Seriously, my head says we are still in it, but my heart AND my eyes say this is not a playoff team, even with Rodgers. I will amuse myself for the rest of the season by being a spoiler and rooting against the stinking Bears. I dont blame coaching, or injuries, or officiating, or anything else. Just seems like its not our year. No fair weather fan here.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe i am. Who knows? But what's more tangible than stating the obvious? Than not being able to get off the field on 3rd down? Than being as predictable as a pop Warner run run pass offense? Than witnessing that zone isnt working and continuing to run it play after play? Need I go on? Incompetence is attempting to do something over and over with the same result expecting different

I have to agree with the problem here is our Defense. I been noticing that for years now. The 3-4 Zone Defense that we run doesn't stop any of the elite QBs and now not any replacement QBs because a smart offensive mind will just tell his receivers to sit down in the open areas. We are not aggressive on Defense! When was the last time we've seen a Safety or Corner Blitz? Did Charles Woodson really mean that much (one player) that no one is able to blitz off the edge since Woodson left? No one makes plays on the ball to pick it off? Or is it just the safe zone scheme we are running?

Our Base 3-4 Defense is designed to 3 things:

1.) Stop the Run
2.) Force Turnovers
3.) Don't give up the Big Play

Are you starting to see the problem here? The defense sits in their soft zone coverage and if the rush doesn't get there then the receivers just catch the ball in front of the DBs. There is no Charles Woodson to help with the Rush off the edge and no one jumps the pass routes out of the zone coverage so your at the mercy of the QB making a bad throw.

No Turnovers and giving up big plays because we are not being physical with receivers at the line to slow up their patterns. Just an observation and a frustrating one. Rodgers will masks the defensive deficiencies, but after these last 3 weeks does anyone really want him to?

This whole fiasco may just as well have been a blessing in disguise for GB. Now what they do from here (after the season) will be interesting.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or more like it, opinions we all have them....
And I have kitten on my fb so she knows the statuses ive put up and the debates ive argued for our packers. Being the most injured team in the last 4-5 years , yet overcoming them the way we have. The way 95% of other teams couldn't. But that doesn't mean im complacent. I never am

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been here since 09 10 whichever it was but that neither here nor there. Nor have ive stated i was better than EVERYONE in coaching\ executive positions. What I have stated is if something doesn't work, i change it till it does. And that i know for a fact has worked, no matter where ive been
You in the Chat Box during the 4th quarter of the game: "I'm a better coach, I'm a better talent evaluator, I'm a better positions coach", etc.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
[
I seem to recall this or a similar thread of discussion cropping up mid-season 2010. I'm not saying I think we're sitting on a SB year right now, but very few people said we were in 2010 either...

Kitten, I was here then. And you were (IIRC) probably the ONLY one that kept hope during the 2010 season. I remember that! :tup:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was towards the defensive side if the ball
That's besides the point. You said you didn't say that, I stated otherwise and now you've conceded that you did indeed make such claims.

Also saying that buying shares in the team makes you "part owner" in anything but name just makes you look silly as well.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. It isnt at all. Thats like me saying your entire point was besides it. You said EVERY. Not i sir. Big difference

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
[

Kitten, I was here then. And you were (IIRC) probably the ONLY one that kept hope during the 2010 season. I remember that! :tup:

If you are talking about having hope or faith the biggest and often only test of that is with us. I don't think the team ever really gives up but the day they do is the day when ALL IS LOST.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill try this for the third time now. I've never been a part of a losing organization in my life, playing or coaching.

Which Packers player or coach are you, and are you allowed to be posting here?

Also, you must have joined the team after 2008, since the Packers had a losing record in 2008.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like ive said, never part of a losing organization whether a player or coach. Maybe you guys are cool with losing. Im not. My players arent. My coaches arent and now my school isn't. Why? because ive instilled that mindset in one year. And like ive stated to LT, i dont feel the need to bang my chest when we win. I expect to win.

Well shoot, send a resume asap!
Green Bay Packers
Lambeau Field Atrium
1265 Lombardi Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54304

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's besides the point. You said you didn't say that, I stated otherwise and now you've conceded that you did indeed make such claims.

Also saying that buying shares in the team makes you "part owner" in anything but name just makes you look silly as well.
Really? So i just wasted my money then? Tell that to every other packer fan bro

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which Packers player or coach are you, and are you allowed to be posting here?

Also, you must have joined the team after 2008, since the Packers had a losing record in 2008.
Never a packer player nor coach but there are other organizations besides them no? Or are the thousand other organizations across the country irrelevant?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't summarize. You puts my "statements" in quotes. How is that a summarization? You hit the nail on the head no worries
Oh FFS; how can you not follow a conversation from post to post when there are quote boxes to help you out? The "Everyone" was the summarization of your words that I later expanded upon. Also at the time you didn't specify that you were talking solely about the Defensive staff.
Really? So i just wasted my money then? Tell that to every other packer fan bro
Uhhh, it is pretty well know that the "owner" designation is purely honorary. You are one of the first people I've run into that isn't aware of that. Or, apparently, how the Packers' organizational structure works when it comes to ownership either.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Haha... you could all be Chargers fans. Think about that pain.

Greeting Cheeseheads. I come in peace. Bolttalk has some problems. I was wondering if things work better here.

Members online

Latest posts