What happened?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Nice one weeds. When I played I was the punter... so no problem there. I was less fortunate during my run as an ice hockey goaltender. Picture dangling below the can in the butterfly position. If a shot gets under your stick it can lead to some rather severe discomfort. My hockey experience made me an adequate catcher in recreational baseball leagues. You get banged up with foul tips and stray bats. But my worst injury ever came in the last inning of a 7-1 game where I traded positions with the 2nd baseman for the hell of it. I collided head on with the center fielder running down a shallow blooper. Separated shoulder, fractured cheekbone and seven days in the hospital. I've have some glorious ski wipe outs... but who'd consider baseball dangerous. :confused:

I see a pattern emerging here.....I dont think the sports were ever dangerous, I think you were not good at them :D. For pity sake don`t play tiddly winks, you`ll take your eye out.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I see a pattern emerging here.....I dont think the sports were ever dangerous, I think you were not good at them :D. For pity sake don`t play tiddly winks, you`ll take your eye out.

This kind of strikes me as a comment from a twenty something guy. But if 2003 is actually your date of birth, firstly... you are doing very well with your writing... and secondly... tell mommy and daddy to stop feeding you the crap about competitions being dangerous.

There is a huge difference beween analytical thinking and simply drawing the shortest line between point A and point B. One requires some abstract thought, the other absolutely none. Consider two examples of near fatal injuries suffered by friends of mine. The first was the Sonny Bono effect. He is barreling down a steep slope when some little kid cuts in front of him. The second got rear-ended by a car on a motorcycle while standing at a red light.

Contending that mistakes cause injuries would be correct. But equally somebody else's mistake can cause an injury too. Therefore, based on what I posted you cannot logically conclude that I was useless as an athlete or that I was injury prone... (a very popular misconception on football forums is that players cause their own injuries). The skier was extremely talented. Otherwise he would have mashed the little kid... (which in most every culture is not a honorable thing to do).

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, English is a second language for Buggybill.... He's Breeee--tishhhh. ;):whistling:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Outfielders, pitchers, and anyone currently batting.

I saw a Blue Jays pitcher this season get nailed in the head with a line drive. He was back after a couple of months. I haven't really noticed a prevalence of career ending injuries in MLB.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a Blue Jays pitcher this season get nailed in the head with a line drive. He was back after a couple of months. I haven't really noticed a prevalence of career ending injuries in MLB.
So you are positing that injuries alone do not make a sport dangerous, only career ending injuries count? Interesting notion.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
thanks TJV. I guess some people lack a sense of humor. My apologies for giving offence, BUT if you are offended, please feel free to use the ignore button ;)

I have been here six days and so far 18 funnies out of 31 (now 32 posts). Remember what I said about point A to point B?

---

The ignore feature is generally useless as you can still see what an "offender" has posted when somebody else quotes him. To each his own.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
thanks TJV. I guess some people lack a sense of humor. My apologies for giving offence, BUT if you are offended, please feel free to use the ignore button ;)

What happened??!?! hehehe

You can't put Buggybill on ignore,..you'll miss some crazy funny stuff..yes he's got a twisted sense of humor but hey who doesn't? :ninja:

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
It did indeed come across as implied. Your response was just all around a little confusing as it didn't have a clear point.

I think we can agree that there is a varying degree of risk factor between motor sport and chess player. I just found it ironic that I should get munched so badly playing in a recreational league in a sport closer to the lower end of the scale. The piece I wrote wasn't that serious. I was just trying to honor the guy who got punted in the nuts with some polite feedback.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Is that directed at me??? (Note my lack of a sense of humor) :)

I cant answer you......you`re on ignore anyway :p. I have apologised if I caused offense, I DON`T intend to apologise anymore ;). If people want to ignore me they are welcome to do it. I was quite flattered that he thought I was in my twenties though :roflmao:.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
On that note.... if a comment seems to be coming out of left field...be sure to check to see if there was "ignore content"!
:cautious:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I cant answer you......you`re on ignore anyway :p. I have apologised if I caused offense, I DON`T intend to apologise anymore ;). If people want to ignore me they are welcome to do it. I was quite flattered that he thought I was in my twenties though :roflmao:.

Well, you dont look a day over 22

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Frankly, I'm going to ignore your unwillingness to apologize anymore. You were flattered that someone thought you were in your 20's? You're wayyyyyyy too smart to pass for someone in their 20's, Bill. He was slappin' you upside the head my friend. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts