What happend to the G Force towels at home games

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want them back.....lol I think those were a real cool idea, and it really pumps the crowd up,, i actually thought lambeau was gonna be ALOT louder sunday

FrozenTundra1979

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw a couple GForce signs, that was it. My wife thinks I'm trying to get her in the sack when I talk about my GForce.

I know at home in my living room I was anything but quiet. Hadn't seen my neighbors in a long time, but for some reason yelling at EJ Henderson making sick tackles on us brought the neighbors out to say hi. Like that backer a lot, wish we had him, but not greedy, excited about ours just the same.

Go pack!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is the G Force anyway? I heard a couple players refer to it in post-game interviews, I think it was after the win against the Chargers. Is it a bunch of towels with the letter G on them or what?

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's suppose to be like the whole 12th Man thing in Seattle, wanting the crowd to feel more involved. They gave everyone white "G Force" t-shirts and those towels and hardly anyone wore the shirts. It was suppose to be a "white out", but it didn't exactly work the way they planned.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's suppose to be like the whole 12th Man thing in Seattle, wanting the crowd to feel more involved. They gave everyone white "G Force" t-shirts and those towels and hardly anyone wore the shirts. It was suppose to be a "white out", but it didn't exactly work the way they planned.

I can see why it didn't work. Everybody already has their favorite Packer gear to wear to the games. Who wants to wear white to a Packer game, instead of green and gold?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They gave away the white towels for games 1 and 2.
The t shirts were the give away for the night game (3?)
I am not sure about game 4.
Game 5 was the pompons that we were waving. Looking around the stadium they were used frequently as were the towels for game 2.
There is suppose to be something given away for the last 3 games as well.
G Force is the Packer management's acknowledgement that GB has not held the home field advantage for the Packers that it once had been. Their theory must be that the fans were not as vocal as in the past (which is true until this year) which is why the team's would lose.
The solution was these give always to "help" remind the fans to be enthusiastic. The fan's theory has always been to put a winning team out there for us to support and we will.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all i know is sunday when im sitting in my seat i want to feel like im around 70,000 people ..... im gonna be goin nuts when carolina has the ball on third downs especially

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all i know is sunday when im sitting in my seat i want to feel like im around 70,000 people ..... im gonna be goin nuts when carolina has the ball on third downs especially

The crowd certainly is louder on 3rd down (and 4th down if need be).
Surprisingly, there are a lot of nuts in the stadium that do not know enuf to shut up when GB has the ball and Brett is calling out the signals.
You will see a sign flash up on the tundra vision that says, "quiet, offense at work" or something similar to that.

Members online

Latest posts