1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

What game will Rodgers be back for?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Nov 12, 2013.

?

What week/game do you predict Rodgers next plays in?

1. 12- Minnesota

12.5%
  2. 13- Detroit

47.9%
  3. 14- Atlanta

27.1%
  4. 15- Dallas

2.1%
  5. 16- Pittsburgh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 17- Chicago

4.2%
  7. Playoffs after Tolzien guides us in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Done for the season, bad vibe here but that's what I feel... fitting with our rampant injuries.

6.3%
  1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    This is not the official Rodgers injury thread, but I want to now see who guesses right as to when Rodgers will ACTUALLY play next.

After this week vs the Giants, schedule is:

12- vs Minnesota
    13- @ Detroit. Thanksgiving
    14- vs Atlanta
    15- @ Dallas (I will be there)
    16- vs Pittsburgh
    17- @ Chicago

Remember, typically, Packers guys come back slower than normal as a pre-caution.
    We might need Rodgers absolutely as soon as possible to stay alive.

If we lose and lose again without him, the season might be lost already and why risk him out there? Could be the thought worse-case scenario.

2. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +219
    Im guessing Thanks Giving game. His collarbone should be healed enough by then. Or atleast it wont be painful to toss a ball out.

3. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    We need him ASAP but don't want to rush him back & make it worse. Worse case scenario he comes back for the Dallas game. Best case scenario Detroit.

4. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +333
    I just don't see him being activated on a short week against Detroit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    That would be a rough first game back. These next 2 games will have a huge impact on our playoff run & div placement

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I agree.
    As much as I would love him back for that game (because if healthy and playing, we would 95% beat those guys, which is a huge huge huge game as they lead and they have an easy schedule), I don't want him rushing back with that bone still not 100% healed.
    If any DL is dirty and would try and hurt him, it's Suh & Nick Fairley.

Imagine beating them in their house on Turkey day WITH OUR #3 or #4 QB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Overly cautious with the super star....I would say they let him come back for the ATL game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Rodgers himself is saying Minnesota

9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Unless he can over come what the Docs say with his super star status......IDK man, that seems too soon and might just spell disaster if he takes a shot again. You know damn well that the opposing D will be licking their chops to put a hit on that wounded body part, penalty or not.

10. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    That would be so sweet

11. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +178
    Rodgers at 75% (or even 50%) is better then anyone backing him up at 100%.....but you have to be smart here, if it isn't fully healed and he takes another similar hit.......lights out, season over. He may want to pay through the pain......but this is a bone fracture, not something worth jeopardizing the rest of the season or a career for.

12. greenNyellow

greenNyellow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    I voted for the Lion game. I hope I am right. Would they clear him if he isn't fully healed? I feel like he is targeting the Lion game and will push to play then even if not fully healed. Initially they said 3 weeks and the Lion game is 25 days after the injury.

13. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    What kind of fracture was it? I didn't even know you can come back that quick from even a minor fracture

14. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    I would rather have Rodgers at 100% than 75%. Take an extra game and be sure. Yes I'd love to have him back ASAP but better safe than sorry

15. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +992
    It won't matter, the loss to New York next week will most likely knock us out of the playoffs and i'm not to sure we beat Minnesota either without him. Petterson is prolly going to rip off 200 yds against this sorry defense and they will win a close game in lambeau. Then we won't have to worry about the playoffs and he can sit out the rest of the season if he wants.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Dieseljunkie12

Dieseljunkie12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    i voted for the atlanta game, just because of short week between minny and detroit. but rodell i would probably agree with your statement. granted its any given sunday in the nfl but you just paid this guy half a bazillion dollars just imagine if he gets hurt worse, a 6-10 season would be almost a repeating theme if we rush him back and something even more catastrophic happens.

17. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,011
    I voted on Atlanta because od the short week before then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    We make the playoffs we will likely have everyone back except Finley. They expect Cobb back but I don't see it unless he fractured the fibula & not broke it. We will kick a$$

19. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +209
    I know I just posted in a different thread that I would want him back for the Detroit game on Thanksgiving (because I would be giving thanks that he is back!) I was thinking about how dirty of a player Suh is... and I would not want Suh around Rodgers right after he gets back on the field.

20. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +385
    I thought the same thing as most if not all Packer fans thought of as well

21. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +784
    Clavicles are funny things. With proper diet and rehab they can heal very quickly. Or they can take longer than expected. There's a lot of variance on healing time. They originally said 3 - 6 weeks to heal. Well, the Vikings game is 3 weeks from date of injury, so it's not out of the question. He would be coming in with little to no practice but that's a minor caveat.

That said, it sounds like his recovery is coming along on the fast track.

22. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    That's what I think too.
    I'd LOVE to seem him a game earlier as beating Detroit would be gigantic.
    But I'm afraid of not only Suh, but Nick Fairley as well. He's also dirty. I remember him once getting to Rodgers and picking him up, just about to throw him down..... but he didn't. That time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,435
    I voted for the Atlanta game as well, but let's not forget that Atlanta is a dirty team as well. In the case of the Packers, they are dirtier than Fairly and Suh. To refresh your memories, here is a link to a story following their last meeting in 2011: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/10/packers-accuse-falcons-of-dirty-play-disrespect/

24. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,215
    He'll be back when he's back...anything else is a blind guess. Whenever it might be, it will be too late. It would be best to err on the side of caution and look forward to next season (and a decent draft position).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  25. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I'm gonna say at best Atlanta, but Dallas is what I'm banking on

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013