What game will Rodgers be back for?

What week/game do you predict Rodgers next plays in?

• 16- Pittsburgh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playoffs after Tolzien guides us in

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not the official Rodgers injury thread, but I want to now see who guesses right as to when Rodgers will ACTUALLY play next.

After this week vs the Giants, schedule is:

12- vs Minnesota
13- @ Detroit. Thanksgiving
14- vs Atlanta
15- @ Dallas (I will be there)
16- vs Pittsburgh
17- @ Chicago

Remember, typically, Packers guys come back slower than normal as a pre-caution.
We might need Rodgers absolutely as soon as possible to stay alive.

If we lose and lose again without him, the season might be lost already and why risk him out there? Could be the thought worse-case scenario.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Im guessing Thanks Giving game. His collarbone should be healed enough by then. Or atleast it wont be painful to toss a ball out.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not the official Rodgers injury thread, but I want to now see who guesses right as to when Rodgers will ACTUALLY play next.

After this week vs the Giants, schedule is:

12- vs Minnesota
13- @ Detroit. Thanksgiving
14- vs Atlanta
15- @ Dallas (I will be there)
16- vs Pittsburgh
17- @ Chicago

Remember, typically, Packers guys come back slower than normal as a pre-caution.
We might need Rodgers absolutely as soon as possible to stay alive.

If we lose and lose again without him, the season might be lost already and why risk him out there? Could be the thought worse-case scenario.
We need him ASAP but don't want to rush him back & make it worse. Worse case scenario he comes back for the Dallas game. Best case scenario Detroit.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see him being activated on a short week against Detroit.
I agree.
As much as I would love him back for that game (because if healthy and playing, we would 95% beat those guys, which is a huge huge huge game as they lead and they have an easy schedule), I don't want him rushing back with that bone still not 100% healed.
If any DL is dirty and would try and hurt him, it's Suh & Nick Fairley.

Imagine beating them in their house on Turkey day WITH OUR #3 or #4 QB.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Rodgers himself is saying Minnesota

Unless he can over come what the Docs say with his super star status......IDK man, that seems too soon and might just spell disaster if he takes a shot again. You know damn well that the opposing D will be licking their chops to put a hit on that wounded body part, penalty or not.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree.
As much as I would love him back for that game (because if healthy and playing, we would 95% beat those guys, which is a huge huge huge game as they lead and they have an easy schedule), I don't want him rushing back with that bone still not 100% healed.
If any DL is dirty and would try and hurt him, it's Suh & Nick Fairley.

Imagine beating them in their house on Turkey day WITH OUR #3 or #4 QB.
That would be so sweet

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers at 75% (or even 50%) is better then anyone backing him up at 100%.....but you have to be smart here, if it isn't fully healed and he takes another similar hit.......lights out, season over. He may want to pay through the pain......but this is a bone fracture, not something worth jeopardizing the rest of the season or a career for.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted for the Lion game. I hope I am right. Would they clear him if he isn't fully healed? I feel like he is targeting the Lion game and will push to play then even if not fully healed. Initially they said 3 weeks and the Lion game is 25 days after the injury.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What kind of fracture was it? I didn't even know you can come back that quick from even a minor fracture

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather have Rodgers at 100% than 75%. Take an extra game and be sure. Yes I'd love to have him back ASAP but better safe than sorry

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It won't matter, the loss to New York next week will most likely knock us out of the playoffs and i'm not to sure we beat Minnesota either without him. Petterson is prolly going to rip off 200 yds against this sorry defense and they will win a close game in lambeau. Then we won't have to worry about the playoffs and he can sit out the rest of the season if he wants.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i voted for the atlanta game, just because of short week between minny and detroit. but rodell i would probably agree with your statement. granted its any given sunday in the nfl but you just paid this guy half a bazillion dollars just imagine if he gets hurt worse, a 6-10 season would be almost a repeating theme if we rush him back and something even more catastrophic happens.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We make the playoffs we will likely have everyone back except Finley. They expect Cobb back but I don't see it unless he fractured the fibula & not broke it. We will kick ***

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I just posted in a different thread that I would want him back for the Detroit game on Thanksgiving (because I would be giving thanks that he is back!) I was thinking about how dirty of a player Suh is... and I would not want Suh around Rodgers right after he gets back on the field.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I just posted in a different thread that I would want him back for the Detroit game on Thanksgiving (because I would be giving thanks that he is back!) I was thinking about how dirty of a player Suh is... and I would not want Suh around Rodgers right after he gets back on the field.
I thought the same thing as most if not all Packer fans thought of as well

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless he can over come what the Docs say with his super star status......IDK man, that seems too soon and might just spell disaster if he takes a shot again. You know damn well that the opposing D will be licking their chops to put a hit on that wounded body part, penalty or not.
Clavicles are funny things. With proper diet and rehab they can heal very quickly. Or they can take longer than expected. There's a lot of variance on healing time. They originally said 3 - 6 weeks to heal. Well, the Vikings game is 3 weeks from date of injury, so it's not out of the question. He would be coming in with little to no practice but that's a minor caveat.

That said, it sounds like his recovery is coming along on the fast track.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted on Atlanta because od the short week before then.
That's what I think too.
I'd LOVE to seem him a game earlier as beating Detroit would be gigantic.
But I'm afraid of not only Suh, but Nick Fairley as well. He's also dirty. I remember him once getting to Rodgers and picking him up, just about to throw him down..... but he didn't. That time.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted for the Atlanta game as well, but let's not forget that Atlanta is a dirty team as well. In the case of the Packers, they are dirtier than Fairly and Suh. To refresh your memories, here is a link to a story following their last meeting in 2011: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/10/packers-accuse-falcons-of-dirty-play-disrespect/

Prior to Sunday’s game in Atlanta, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he thinksthe Falcons are disrespectful. After Sunday’s game, some of Rodgers’ teammates said their 25-14 victory had done nothing to change their feelings toward the Falcons.

Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett said the Falcons were keyed up because they view beating the Packers as akin to winning the Super Bowl, and that the Falcons were playing dirty.

“This was their Super Bowl,” Pickett told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “They really hate us. They were hitting us late after the play. There was some dirty play out there. We just kept our poise.”

Pickett’s fellow defensive lineman B.J. Raji said he came away unimpressed with the Falcons, who beat the Packers last year during the regular season, but lost to the Packers in the playoffs.

“They have a long way to go,” Raji said when asked whether the Packers view the Falcons as rivals. “For it to be a rivalry, you have to win meaningful games. They’re just another opponent. They have a long way to go. I wouldn’t talk like this, but when people don’t respect you, I don’t take it lying down. Those people don’t respect us, so in turn I’m not going to give them any respect.”

Raji noted that the Packers have now played in Atlanta three times in the last 11 months, but that if the teams meet in the playoffs this season, it would most likely be in Green Bay.

“Now that we abused them, for the second time in a row, at their home, there’s nothing really to do,” Raji said. “If they want to play us again, tell them to come up to Lambeau. That’s it. That’s how we’re doing it.”

If the Falcons don’t turn things around soon, they won’t be doing anything in the playoffs, at Lambeau or anywhere else.[\quote]

H

HardRightEdge

He'll be back when he's back...anything else is a blind guess. Whenever it might be, it will be too late. It would be best to err on the side of caution and look forward to next season (and a decent draft position).

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm gonna say at best Atlanta, but Dallas is what I'm banking on

Last edited:

Members online