What does TT think of Ahmad Carroll???

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers General Manager Ted Thompson said he doesn't have a problem with most of Carroll's antics, even though it is something he said he never would have done during his playing career.

"Well, back in the days of the leather helmet, we didn't do that," Thompson said. "I don't know. I think kids today, they show their exuberance and happiness in different ways. I think it's OK if a guy has a good time and has fun out there. Sometimes it might be considered a little over the top and things like that, but again, those guys live a dangerous life out on the corner, and if they have a chance to celebrate, they should probably have a good time. So I don't take any particular offense to it. The times, they are a'changing.'"

Thompson also said he's been pleased with what he's seen from Carroll during training camp. "He's doing fine. He is a tough guy. He practices every practice, he takes every rep. Those are qualities in a player that are very admirable," Thompson said. "We all want to see guys take additional steps as we go along and I think he's taken some of those. But that's a dangerous position to play, and not a lot of good happens out there, for goodness sakes. He has a short memory, which I think is a valuable thing at the cornerback position."

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
It should be noted this was said before the Rod Gardner kick to the nuts from Ahmad Carroll.

Don't you just love how rumors get going?

And the source for this kick in the nuts? As they were being pulled apart and with Gardner (showing a pulse for the first time in practice) struggling to get at Carroll he kicked at him.

Tell me again how it became a kick in the nuts?

I am not condoning Carroll's or Gardner's actions -- nor am I condeming them.

Guess what? DB and CB go at it everyday -- verbally and physically!

You obviously have never been around a training camp.

Donald Driver probably is the biggest talker out there.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:
It should be noted this was said before the Rod Gardner kick to the nuts from Ahmad Carroll.

And the source for this kick in the nuts? As they were being pulled apart and with Gardner (showing a pulse for the first time in practice) struggling to get at Carroll he kicked at him.

I watched it bro. Quit with the attitude. You put something out there that was misleading and I was making sure it was noted that those comments from Ted were before this current incident.

How it became a kick in the nuts. When a person raises their foot and proceeds motioning it towards ones nuts, that is a kick in the nuts.

However, I could be mistaken. I only seen the clip four times. Maybe a fifth time will show it was only a kick to the abs? Or that general area.

I'll jus have to figure out how his foot was stuck in Gardners shorts when they were on the ground. That should be rather easy though. Right?

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have an attitude - maybe you are mistaking me for Ahmad. I was pointing out a reality of training camp. I certainly did not mean it as an insult to you. What is with the thin skin?

I pretty clearly stated that I neither condoned or condemned this tilt between Gardner and Carroll. If you have a more current assessment from TT -- by all means share it.

I also shared a post from someone who was in attendence -- who said it was not that big a deal and that Carroll and Gardner went about their business -- including Carroll being in on the next play.

I am sure your clip that you have watched 5 or 6 times is more accurate than the view of people that were there. I know the station ran his kicking at Gardner followed by the clip from the Detroit game.

All I did is share Ted Thompson's (the current GM of the Green Bay Packers) quotes on A. Carroll -- unless you have an update I guess that is the word we will have to go with from the man who is going to make the decisions on this roster.

Explain to me how posting TED's only assessment of Carroll is misleading?

Zero2Cool said:
Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:

I watched it bro. Quit with the attitude. You put something out there that was misleading and I was making sure it was noted that those comments from Ted were before this current incident.

How it became a kick in the nuts. When a person raises their foot and proceeds motioning it towards ones nuts, that is a kick in the nuts.

However, I could be mistaken. I only seen the clip four times. Maybe a fifth time will show it was only a kick to the abs? Or that general area.

I'll jus have to figure out how his foot was stuck in Gardners shorts when they were on the ground. That should be rather easy though. Right?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
I don't have an attitude. I was pointing out a reality of training camp. I certainly did not mean it as an insult to you. What is with the thin skin?

I pretty clearly stated that I neither condoned or condemned this tilt between Gardner and Carroll. If you have a more current assessment from TT -- by all means share it.

I also shared a post from someone who was in attendence -- who said it was not that big a deal and that Carroll and Gardner went about their business -- including Carroll being in on the next play.

All I did is share Ted Thompson's (the current GM of the Green Bay Packers) quotes on A. Carroll -- unless you have an update I guess that is the word we will have to go with from the man who is going to make the decisions on this roster.

Carroll was in on the next play because Brett went after him... lol

I merely said those comments from Ted were before the current mishap with Carroll today. That was all.

"You obviously have never been around a training camp." - Bruce
Go fishing somewhere else. I'm not biting today.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think a GM says anything bad about any of the players. I'm sure in reality, they're is dissapointment with Carroll on this but in the end, it's what you do on the field and if Carroll proves to be a solid nickel back this year, everything will be find.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Bruce said:
I don't have an attitude. I was pointing out a reality of training camp. I certainly did not mean it as an insult to you. What is with the thin skin?

Carroll was in on the next play because Brett went after him... lol

I merely said those comments from Ted were before the current mishap with Carroll today. That was all.

"You obviously have never been around a training camp." - Bruce
Go fishing somewhere else. I'm not biting today.

Zero: I am not fishing. I was simply pointing out that jabbering, shoving and sometimes fights go on between the DBs and WRs all the time. As for your being around training camps -- that is not an insult, most people have not. Aren't you a college student? If you have been around them, please accept my apology for being wrong in my assumption.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Zero: I am not fishing. I was simply pointing out that jabbering, shoving and sometimes fights go on between the DBs and WRs all the time. As for your being around training camps -- that is not an insult, most people have not. Aren't you a college student? If you have been around them, please accept my apology for being wrong in my assumption.

I've been to many and have stated numerous times, over and over again that fighting is part of training camp and that I think its good. Hell, I posted that similar comment twice today!

I definetely accept your apology and if its me just being thin skinned, I surely do apologize. Arguing on a fan site is not something I wish to be a part of.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Bruce said:

I've been to many and have stated numerous times, over and over again that fighting is part of training camp and that I think its good. Hell, I posted that similar comment twice today!

I definetely accept your apology and if its me just being thin skinned, I surely do apologize. Arguing on a fan site is not something I wish to be a part of.

Well they have both been offered and accepted -- so I guess we are cool. I sure have no interest in arguing either.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:
Bruce said:

Well they have both been offered and accepted -- so I guess we are cool. I sure have no interest in arguing either.

holy crap, that was beautiful.

*tear*

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:

Zero....do you have a copy of the fracus? If so can you post a link. I haven't seen it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero....do you have a copy of the fracus? If so can you post a link. I haven't seen it.

Unfortunately no. I'm still working on finding a software to make/edit movies.

I'm recording every Packer game this season on DVD, hoping to cut out the commercials.

Members online

Latest posts