What does the hiring of Tom Clements mean?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An attempt to lure Rodgers back.

Another concession for Rodgers coming back.

Hope that he can help develop Love like he did Rodgers.

Hiring the best guy for the job no matter who is the QB.

Just a coincidence.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clements and Rodgers are close, so I doubt the primary reason for bringing him back is to coach Jordan Love. The front office wants Rodgers to return and they're making the situation as appealing as possible for him.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clements and Rodgers are close, so I doubt the primary reason for bringing him back is to coach Jordan Love. The front office wants Rodgers to return and they're making the situation as appealing as possible for him.
...but should AR choose to move on or retire (don't really believe that's much of an option right now) Clements is onboard to coach-up Love. Hadn't realized how young Love is... will be his 3rd year in the NFL and doesn't turn 24 until Nov. '22.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the number one idea is to please Rodgers and get him back. But it's also a fallback if he doesn't come back to develop Love. Covering all the bases.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The purpose is keeping Rodgers but more importantly keeping Love off the field.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe they have had discussions with AR about this and that is why Clements is coming back. It would be hard to believe, but not out of the question for this front office, that they would hire the guy as a lure. That wouldn't be good business, imo.

OP
OP
S

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Rodgers change because of this hiring ? He seems to do his own thing anyway.
What do you mean change. If you mean change the way he does things then no I don't believe he will. Like you said he does things his own way. If you mean change his mind about staying or leaving? I don't think so. I believe he has made up his mind. Whether or not the Packers are aware of his decision I don't know.

My personal belief is Rodgers is coming back and bringing back Clements was part of the package. I don't know if it was a Rodgers insistence or a Packers offering.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What do you mean change. If you mean change the way he does things then no I don't believe he will. Like you said he does things his own way. If you mean change his mind about staying or leaving? I don't think so. I believe he has made up his mind. Whether or not the Packers are aware of his decision I don't know.

My personal belief is Rodgers is coming back and bringing back Clements was part of the package. I don't know if it was a Rodgers insistence or a Packers offering.

I meant he`ll still be the same and torture the fans and organisation with his will he or wont he crap. I`m sorry I know it`s an unpopular thing to say around here but I think he now thinks he`s bigger than the organisation and I`ll be glad to see him go.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, if that's the case, it was nice having a decent defense for one year.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I meant he`ll still be the same and torture the fans and organisation with his will he or wont he crap. I`m sorry I know it`s an unpopular thing to say around here but I think he now thinks he`s bigger than the organisation and I`ll be glad to see him go.
He's gotta go.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a carrot dangling in front of Rodgers. The biggest carrot to keep Rodgers in GB would be to tag or sign Adams though. Otherwise, Clements is just Love's tutor which is fine with me.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they hired him back because they need someone to get Rodgers back on track. His tunnel vision problems with Adams didn't really start until TC left the team. Maybe they brought back because he's one of the few people Rodgers will listen to.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not know if Clements matters as far as tunnel vision for 17 is concerned. A lot of chuck n duck MM years for Clements, I do not think that matters at all. Maybe he will grow dreads - Buggar would love that. lol:mad::sneaky::whistling:

D

Deleted member 6794

I think they hired him back because they need someone to get Rodgers back on track. His tunnel vision problems with Adams didn't really start until TC left the team. Maybe they brought back because he's one of the few people Rodgers will listen to.

You might want to consider that Nelson still being on the roster when Clements was here was the main reason Rodgers didn't target Adams more often.

With that being said I'm not a huge fans of hiring Clements just to appeal Rodgers.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might want to consider that Nelson still being on the roster when Clements was here was the main reason Rodgers didn't target Adams more often.

He never zeroed in on Nelson like he does Adams. He focuses on Adams to the exclusion of other receivers who are wide open, and I'm not just talking about the last game either.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good proven QB coach has to be a good thing for ALL the QB's in green Bay. & yes that includes Love. You never know in this game when any one player will go down. How many concussions has Rodgers had?
Three. One in the last 12 years. All were mild.

D

Deleted member 6794

He never zeroed in on Nelson like he does Adams. He focuses on Adams to the exclusion of other receivers who are wide open, and I'm not just talking about the last game either.

The Packers had significantly more talent at wide receiver around Nelson than they had over the past few years aside of Adams.

It shouldn't surprise anyone Rodgers is targeting Adams on a significant percentage of throws.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overall, one just has to say that the hiring of Clements means that the QB room will be run well. Of course it was a carrot for Rodgers, but it's just a good move in general.

Favre needed to be re-focused when McCarthy came to town, as did Rodgers when LaFleur was hired...and yet again. For sure Rodgers overlooked throwing options this season, and he needs to figure out how to spread the ball around. There's nothing that gets your best players open better than making the defense have to cover everybody.

Members online

Latest posts