1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What does it take..

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Desis, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Desis

Desis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well. I wanna be a kicker (proberly what im best at).
    How long should i could kick and so on. If I have to judge myself, im pretty good. Im from Denmark, so the options here isn't so big :s

(Someone said Morten Andersen :lol: )

2. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rule 1: The ball has to go through the uprights and over the crossbar.
    Rule 2: Get used to big guys screaming at you about what they are going to do to you and how whimpy you are. If you are deaf that is a plus.
    Rule 3: Get used to getting ready to kick the ball and the opposing team calls a time out to try to "ice" you.
    Rule 4: Get a holder that you can blame for every miss you have. It's ALWAYS the holders fault if you miss. (I speak from experience as I was a holder for placekickers.)
    Rule 5: Get used to sitting at the end of the bench with no one around you (see rule 4 as to reasons why)

Have fun and remember Paul Hornung's philosophy.....Practice, practice, practice.

3. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    glad i cant kick but what do they say when you put points on the board to win :D

4. PackFanWithTwins

PackFanWithTwins Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know about Kicker but I am going to walkon and sign a contract with the Pack to be the Short Yardage Punter.

No way I kick it into the endzone from the 40.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, how strong is your leg?

Can you kick a 50 yard field goal? If so, how many times out of 10.

Now, have some 290 pound crazy thug come after you while you're kicking. Can you handle that pressure?

If so, then you can be a kicker.

6. favre2driver

favre2driver Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Test yourself by how many times out of 10 you can make a 50 yd fg.

7. BadlandsViking

BadlandsViking Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HGH and Brian McNamee

8. Desis

Desis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My legs are pretty strong 8) .. But i'll go kick some 50 yeard field goals soon, proberly first in the next week. But i'll post how many out of 10 i kick in between the bars

9. Dagento

Dagento Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    [align=left]Ola Kimrin who was in the NFL for a short a whle and broke the record for the longest FG, but it was pre season.

Anyway he can easily kick 50 yard field goals nearly 9/10 and 60 yard 5/10 and he has also kcked some 70 yards. Strange that he didnt make it to the nfl[/align]

10. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe he had a bad agent?

The NFL is just another business. You can have talent, but if your marketing department sucks, you won't do as well. Look at Tony Mandarich. His marketing was wonderful. The hype was huge. The paycheck was even bigger. And the results were null. yet, he left the NFL with a fat sum of money and produced nothing.