What do you think of the Steelers mascot?

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know a Steeler fan who likes the mascot. Feel free to insult away. If you need any help or ammo, simply go to any Steeler Forum, search for Steely McBeam and hit send. There will be hundreds of insults towards that stupid thing. As I remember, it was first a deal to get school kids involved.Having them draw pictures,naming rights etc etc. That's how they snuck it in...I mean to say, how are you going to insult little school kids getting involved in a Steeler project without sounding like a heel? Steelers don't need cheerleaders,mascots or promotions to fill seats in the stands anymore than the Packers do.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think mascots can be entertaining (I think it'd be funny if the Packers had a giant piece of cheese running around :laughing:), but that Steelers thing just looks ... wrong. I'm not surprised that many of their own fans hate it. It's pretty bad. I'd be lobbying to get rid of that one too!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think Steely McBeam is OK.
Because if the Steelers are going to have a mascot, I can't think of anything else they could have.
A giant piece of steel?
A large boiling pot of molten steel?
So a working steel guy it is.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steely doesn't look so bad after all, does he Steelers fans?

I'm stunned, and a bit scared after seeing the olympic mascot. :dontknow:

My stand on Steely has always been the same: We already had mascots, they were called the Cleveland Browns. We didn't need another one.

BadKarma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm stunned, and a bit scared after seeing the olympic mascot. :dontknow:

My stand on Steely has always been the same: We already had mascots, they were called the Cleveland Browns. We didn't need another one.
Zing! Kind of hard to hate people who you feel so much pity for...

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We also had a mascot who was probably worse than Steely McBeam.

Meet Packy Pack Packer

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I thought I remembered something about a "PackyPack" mascot but for the life of me couldn't remember what in the sam-of-hell it looked like. How long ago was that?? My gawd...my recollection of "Packy" is as limited as my memories of Rich Campbell...I don't recall either of them ever hitting the field.

Members online

Latest posts