What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny that some of you think Rodgers is worth no more than some middling pick, but are probably the 1st people to want to trade a 1st rounder for whatever player is hot at the deadline cuz 'gotta go all in!'

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jets get AR & pick 242. No salary help whatsoever. GB gets picks 43 & 74. That's it, no 2024 picks or players involved. Jets keep their 1. Gb gets more than a 3. They get more than a 2. They get a 2 & a 3. Plus who needs 4 7th rounders anyway.

I honestly place a sizable bet a player will be involved too…Ruckert or Clemons are my most likely I think. Neither moves needle a ton but depth in need spots.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two 1sts is too heavy imo Too unreasonable for a Waffler 39yr old

I’d take their #13 now and in 2024 a 3rd Rounder

I’d maybe take their 2023-2nd round 3rd round and in 2024 swap their (late) 2nd rounder for our (early) 4th rounder etc.

Those are completely reasonable requests. We aren’t getting Stafford capital, but ONE Day 2 selection? The Jets 3rd Rounder alone is bordering insulting to any GM imo
I would rather have Rodgers retire rather than an embarrassing 3rd round pick which Gute would likely squander. Murphy didn't help their cause but anything less than two second round picks would be a deal breaker IMO.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would rather have Rodgers retire rather than an embarrassing 3rd round pick which Gute would likely squander. Murphy didn't help their cause but anything less than two second round picks would be a deal breaker IMO.
I’m going to make a new forum and it will be like Brett’s old forum

Call it Aaron is god and Gute is an idiot ..

Reaction score
Jets get AR & pick 242. No salary help whatsoever. GB gets picks 43 & 74. That's it, no 2024 picks or players involved. Jets keep their 1. Gb gets more than a 3. They get more than a 2. They get a 2 & a 3. Plus who needs 4 7th rounders anyway.
Ok mr Jets. Keep your #13
But If 4th-7th rounders aren’t good? add in your
2023-4th, 5th rounder
2024-4th, 5th rounder

I’ll even kick in another #256 I’m feeling generous. Shake on it?

Reaction score
Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing when used correctly.
Oh I read that as 4 to 7 rounders sorry.

I am happy about one thing. There is no way in heck that the Packers are getting a lone 3rd Rounder, that 100% isn’t happening.

My guess is GB will get the Jets #13 or equivalent, but I don’t believe the Jets want to give up a future Day 1.

I also believe GB understands in 2024 they’d be getting late rounder, so 2023 is very important.

Id bend and consider working with them to end the saga.
2023 2nd,3rd,4th,5th
2024 2nd,3rd,5th
Or something to that tune +- pick

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this year a 1 or 2 next year a 3-5 plus maybe a player. A lot will depend on how the money shakes out and how warm a fuzzy the Jets have that he’ll be Earnie Banks and Play Two! If I’m the Jets I’m thinking it may take one year to get the feel and then 2024 is THE year.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I read that as 4 to 7 rounders sorry.

I am happy about one thing. There is no way in heck that the Packers are getting a lone 3rd Rounder, that 100% isn’t happening.

My guess is GB will get the Jets #13 or equivalent, but I don’t believe the Jets want to give up a future Day 1.

I also believe GB understands in 2024 they’d be getting late rounder, so 2023 is very important.

Id bend and consider working with them to end the saga.
2023 2nd,3rd,4th,5th
2024 2nd,3rd,5th
Or something to that tune +- pick
I don't see GB getting that much. The Jets only have 6 picks this year if memory serves. I am okay without any 2024 picks as the Jets will most likely be better next year. The Pack are already in line to get comp picks for Lazard and Reed in 2024. I am now adding this to my wish list. Swap 1st rounders. Along with my original ask of 2023 2nd & 3rd rounders. Moving up 2 spots may just get you the guy you want or should make trading back easier and more lucrative as you have mentioned multiple times.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep going back and forth on just what I think Rodgers will fetch....I do think bare minimum a conditional pick that can become a 1st or a couple must absolutely be involved, but a straight up first I don't necessarily know is going to happen.

HOWEVER, I think getting a first is for sure one of the hold ups...if I'm Gute at the table and Jets say they absolutely refuse to give this year's first or a combination of this years 2nd and 3rd along with next year's first then I say Elijah Moore or another rookie solid player must come back in return - this is also something the Jets would be IDIOTS to do IMO...

Let's go down the hypothetical road many are saying which is first rounders aren't going to happen (many sources seem to agree multiple firsts are not happening)

IF YOU WERE GUTE and you are at the table with the NYJ...there has been an immense amount of discussions and tense debates over the trade....you made a proposal and NYJ countered with an offer and literally left the conversation saying that's it or done. Do you take it?

NY Jets send to the Packers:
2.43 - 2023
3.74 - 2023
*3rd - 2024 -> becomes a 2nd if they are a playoff team in 2023 -> becomes a 1st should they reach the Super Bowl
*3rd - 2025 -> Is erased if Rodgers doesn't play in 2024, IF he does same escalators as the pick above
Jeremy Ruckert TE
Denzel Mims WR
Michael Clemons EDGE

GB Packers send to the Jets
Aaron Rodgers
7.255 - 2023
7.258 - 2023
7th - 2024
*7th - 2025 IF Rodgers plays in 2024 for the Jets

I think it sucks personally, not getting a for sure Day1 blows...but as a whole I get it if I unbiasedly place myself in the Jets GM role....I wouldn't want to come off of a for sure 1st rounder this year for a QB nearly 40, but I'm VERY willing to escalate conditionals up if it is the result of my team succeeding.

If I'm Gute I am accepting the deal...and most likely taking this year's 3rd from them and us and trading up into the second because that 3rd round is cursed LOL

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I keep going back and forth on just what I think Rodgers will fetch....I do think bare minimum a conditional pick that can become a 1st or a couple must absolutely be involved, but a straight up first I don't necessarily know is going to happen.

HOWEVER, I think getting a first is for sure one of the hold ups...if I'm Gute at the table and Jets say they absolutely refuse to give this year's first or a combination of this years 2nd and 3rd along with next year's first then I say Elijah Moore or another rookie solid player must come back in return - this is also something the Jets would be IDIOTS to do IMO...

Let's go down the hypothetical road many are saying which is first rounders aren't going to happen (many sources seem to agree multiple firsts are not happening)

IF YOU WERE GUTE and you are at the table with the NYJ...there has been an immense amount of discussions and tense debates over the trade....you made a proposal and NYJ countered with an offer and literally left the conversation saying that's it or done. Do you take it?

NY Jets send to the Packers:
2.43 - 2023
3.74 - 2023
*3rd - 2024 -> becomes a 2nd if they are a playoff team in 2023 -> becomes a 1st should they reach the Super Bowl
*3rd - 2025 -> Is erased if Rodgers doesn't play in 2024, IF he does same escalators as the pick above
Jeremy Ruckert TE
Denzel Mims WR
Michael Clemons EDGE

GB Packers send to the Jets
Aaron Rodgers
7.255 - 2023
7.258 - 2023
7th - 2024
*7th - 2025 IF Rodgers plays in 2024 for the Jets

I think it sucks personally, not getting a for sure Day1 blows...but as a whole I get it if I unbiasedly place myself in the Jets GM role....I wouldn't want to come off of a for sure 1st rounder this year for a QB nearly 40, but I'm VERY willing to escalate conditionals up if it is the result of my team succeeding.

If I'm Gute I am accepting the deal...and most likely taking this year's 3rd from them and us and trading up into the second because that 3rd round is cursed LOL
I think everyone is over thinking. They have most of it figured out..other wise rodgers would never admitted his intention

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think everyone is over thinking. They have most of it figured out...other wise rodgers would never admitted his intention

I also go back to this for the present, and much of the trade haggling has like you said already occurred I believe as well. Now it could be a big piece like Jets are deciding or maybe the Packers are trying to decide between say #13 or Elijah Moore type thing?

Or is Corey Davis in the deal and the Packers are seeing what type of restructured deal they can do with Davis before saying yup let's pull it.

I do 100% agree much of the discussion many of us are having is delayed to the actual discussions by at least a week.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I also go back to this for the present, and much of the trade haggling has like you said already occurred I believe as well. Now it could be a big piece like Jets are deciding or maybe the Packers are trying to decide between say #13 or Elijah Moore type thing?

Or is Corey Davis in the deal and the Packers are seeing what type of restructured deal they can do with Davis before saying yup let's pull it.

I do 100% agree much of the discussion many of us are having is delayed to the actual discussions by at least a week.
I think packers want a player..and if they can't have a player then they want the 2 picks instead

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think packers want a player..and if they can't have a player then they want the 2 picks instead

Quite possible...and pushing aside the obvious rookie deal guys that Jets would NEVER move (Williams, Sauce, Hall and Wilson) my bet is IF this is the case it is Jermaine Johnson or Elijah Moore...both in positions of need for us arguably and each rookie contracts of very athletic types.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting idea! I think Davis has suffered from poor QB play over the last 2 years. Would love a 1 yr extension "prove it" deal with larger per game bonus $ rather than big salary and reducing '23 cap hit. Would allow Watson to work from the slot where he had good success in '22.

D

Deleted member 6794

Doesn’t that make the Packers look like the dumbest organization especially after Aaron threw the whole management under the bus?

How on earth did Rodgers throw the Packers management under the bus?

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How on earth did Rodgers throw the Packers management under the bus?
Did you not watch the interview? He spoke highly of the old regime, went out of his way to praise Daniel Hackett, the fans, the workers at the stadium. But never once spoke praises of the 3 in charge.
They told him that he was welcomed back and then changed their mind. He called them out for not being upfront.
And rightfully so he should if that is what actually took place. Yeah it is a business, but after all of this it sure isn’t a ringing endorsement for who is in charge at 1265.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a pretty noticeable change in tone/message from the front office from end of year to before the trade stuff started heating up.

But I’m not too concerned about any of it. Pretty normal in a work place. Management views it one way, workers another and usually neither is all right or all wrong.

It’s painfully obvious to me why GB would like to move on. I also fully understand why a player wants to know what’s going on and would like to stay and play or be told up front what’s going on.

Regardless, change is pretty much assured at this point. I hope Love is what they thought he was. I’m looking forward to the draft

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im more excited than I have been in years. Now it’s just a matter of opening the presents. It would be nice for some draft picks this year, but I wont be crushed if it’s a player or two and picks next year if we can cushion the cap hit. I’m ready to find out what Love has, what LaFluer has without Rodgers. Maybe I’ll be disappointed, but how is that any different than the last 3 years. Rodgers going flat in the fourth quarter to end our season with a home game loss we were favored in followed by a petulant Prima pouting about how he’s getting screwed. Adios Arrogant, don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or they are hammering out how much of Rodgers' salary NY will pay.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I'd say swap 1sts, a 2nd rounder in 2023, contingent pick in 2024 starting at a 3rd up to a 1st if they are in the SB and then whatever else they can cobble together.

Part of me says play hardball, parts says just move on and be done with this.

D

Deleted member 6794

Did you not watch the interview? He spoke highly of the old regime, went out of his way to praise Daniel Hackett, the fans, the workers at the stadium. But never once spoke praises of the 3 in charge.
They told him that he was welcomed back and then changed their mind. He called them out for not being upfront.
And rightfully so he should if that is what actually took place. Yeah it is a business, but after all of this it sure isn’t a ringing endorsement for who is in charge at 1265.

I watched parts of the interview. There's a huge difference in him not praising the current front office and throwing them under the bus though.

Im more excited than I have been in years. Now it’s just a matter of opening the presents. It would be nice for some draft picks this year, but I wont be crushed if it’s a player or two and picks next year if we can cushion the cap hit. I’m ready to find out what Love has, what LaFluer has without Rodgers. Maybe I’ll be disappointed, but how is that any different than the last 3 years.

You seem to have a hard time understanding that there are a lot of teams which don't even contend for the playoffs in most seasons.

Or they are hammering out how much of Rodgers' salary NY will pay.

The Jets need to pay his entire salary. Period.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I'd say swap 1sts, a 2nd rounder in 2023, contingent pick in 2024 starting at a 3rd up to a 1st if they are in the SB and then whatever else they can cobble together.

Part of me says play hardball, parts says just move on and be done with this.
Swapping firsts is a bad option for the Packers. It counts as compensation but the payoff is dubious. Can you really make a case that the chances of landing a difference maker at 15 is that much worse than 13. Those picks are too close together to squander the draft capital is takes to move up a paltry two places. Moving two places from 3 to 1 makes a difference if a team is going after a QB but swapping 13 and 15 is dubious.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swapping firsts is a bad option for the Packers. It counts as compensation but the payoff is dubious. Can you really make a case that the chances of landing a difference maker at 15 is that much worse than 13. Those picks are too close together to squander the draft capital is takes to move up a paltry two places. Moving two places from 3 to 1 makes a difference if a team is going after a QB but swapping 13 and 15 is dubious.
It doesn't have to be just to "land a difference maker" to have value though. Obviously it's not a sure thing and could fall any number of ways but it just depends how they want to approach it...maybe the FO thinks we are in need of more depth than one player at 13/15. And if there is a team picking lower in the order who has a guy they're in love with but are afraid he'll be gone by 15 they'll naturally give up more to get him at 13.

Last year for instance...there was a run on WRs so New Orleans gave up #16, #98, and #12 to move up to #11 and get Chris Olave. The year prior Philly traded #12 and #84 to Dallas to move up two spots to #10. 2020 we saw Tampa trade #14 and #117 (4th round) to SF to move up just one spot and get #13 and #245 (7th).

You get the idea. I certainly wouldn't take just a straight-up pick swap with nothing else coming our way but it could certainly be a sweetener for other components.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swapping firsts is a bad option for the Packers. It counts as compensation but the payoff is dubious.

It's 100 points would be like asking for their 4th and 5th instead.

That was just a 'do something and move on trade'. Trust me, I'd love to get their 1st straight up, but starting to think it is going to be more of something like the 2nd, swapping 1sts, something conditional in 2024 and maybe something else in the 4-7 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts