1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What do YOU do ?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Oshkoshpackfan, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Been kind of a busy day on the forum. Just a thread asking people on here what they do for a living, what they have done to get where you are now. Just getting to know our corps of pack loving posters on the forum........

Me: From Oshkosh WI, born and raised. Went into the US Marines after high school. Worked as an EOD tech. Got out after 5 years and started working civil service as a housing inspector for the homes on base where the Marines live. That job got contracted out, so I found a job working for the US Coast Guard at the special missions training center, dept of homeland security. Jacksonville / Camp Lejeune NC.

• Like Like x 1
  2. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,876
    Used to be a quality control inspector in the food industry in Liverpool for ten years, but moved to Birmingham
    When I met my late wife. I worked in a hospital for a while before I became an Aviation Security officer twenty two years ago. I've also been an ambulance driver and undertaker part-time. Both great jobs. Re married four years ago to a fellow officer at the airport where I work. Oh god!!!

3. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    did you mean to say undertaker? wow....

4. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    Early to late 80's, US Air Force, then another 18 years in the DC Air National Guard. 1988-1990 Started and ran my own retail assembly company, putting together bikes, furniture and Grills for big box stores. 1990 I got involved in insurance and painting with my ex partner of the assembly company. Worked as the director of marketing for a national Association in Alexandria VA until 1995 when I came to FL to get my commercial pilots certificate. Met my current wife(3rd) who flies for a living, and opened up another painting contractor business. Have gone back and forth between painting and Insurance the last 15 years. With some time spent overseas thanks to the military. Currently running my painting business and insurance on the side.

Ah yes, born and raised in Appleton, WI, 29.4 miles from Lambeau. College: US Superior. Degree in Criminal Justice, minor in History.

5. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +737
    Aha....so you are one of the guys who are groping me when I'm flying from Heathrow, right ? :mad::D

6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,876
    Yes I did....lol :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Wisconsin cow-town boy here. Late 70's worked on an assembly line and in a foundry for 3 1/2 years to finance college, then managed a tavern full-time while in college full-time. Degrees in Journalism, Poly Sci and a minor in Econ. Dabbled in psychology coursework just long enough to "F" myself up for the rest of my life (apologies for stealing Steve Martin's line there). Stumbled into banking nearly 25 years ago and have worked in nearly every facet of the industry that there is. Unfortunately, that translates into an endless parade of people waltzing into my office and a cache of voice mail messages and Email that make my life a living hell. I am the guy who "fixes" screw-ups...I like to refer to myself as the fella who follows the parade of Roman Centurions on white stallions, with a bucket and shovel. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +483
    27 years in the Air Force. Now retired and living in Thailand.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    hell yeah......making that US dollar go far

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I don't think I could have ever guessed what your did......by looking at your avatar. Good job you have, plus it pays well (around here anyways)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    My network administrator at work says that Programmers usually have a tough time turning on a computer. :) His wife is a programmer and I'm guessing he hasn't seen her happy place in a while.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Born and raised in Green Bay. Graduated from UW- Stevens Point and just finished my second year as a special education teacher in a south suburb of Milwaukee. I never stop working, but I love it.

14. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Born and raised in Wisconsin...now living in Mo.

Owner/operator of my beauty shop for the past 22 yrs....love it, almost as much as I love the Pack! :x3:

15. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    That is actually a picture of him. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,024
    Industrial electrician for 25 years in a gray iron foundry. If electricity flows through it, I can fix it. Most of the problems occur because the electrons stop moving. The good thing about where I am at is there are no electrical engineers on staff so I get to do it. Just finished up a project replacing and programming an environmental control unit. Updated 20 year old computers. Wrote the programs for the controller and the operator interface. In the past I have done robots, automated retrieval units, CNCs (not the positioning programs but the background program that actually runs the machine.)

17. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    11 years in the Air Force as a firefighter and computer technician (Long Before PC's existed). 10 years as a customer engineer for Wang Laboratories. last 18 years as a Network Administrator, Hate this F***in line of work, retiring next year.

Oh and one other thing, never give a programmer root privileges, Learned that lesson after spending Thanksgiving weekend reloading a server many years ago ( oh, sorry, I only meant to change permissions on one folder). That one is for you Robdog :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845

I can only imagine what happened!

:eek:

19. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    Pe