What do you do at #5 ?

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk, Huff or trade down.

Of course it is way to early to have even close to a settled draft board, with weeks of FA remaining and teams trading up and down.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we trade favre, do you go with him 66? if so, lets trade him back to the falcons.

vasher31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys have to pick up hawk. no doubt. I dont think VY would be a good pick up. he might not be able to handle the cold and he is more of a scrambler and wont fit into your gameplan as well as others would, wait a year and pick up quinn from ND

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vasher31 said:
you guys have to pick up hawk. no doubt. I dont think VY would be a good pick up. he might not be able to handle the cold and he is more of a scrambler and wont fit into your gameplan as well as others would, wait a year and pick up quinn from ND

I'm not advocating that we should take Vince Young or anything, but our new OC did come from Atlanta where he worked with Vick who has a similar playing style. I'm not making any point here, just take what you will from it.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
I'm not advocating that we should take Vince Young or anything, but our new OC did come from Atlanta where he worked with Vick who has a similar playing style. I'm not making any point here, just take what you will from it.

Vick is without a doubt the most overrated QB in the NFL. The reason his "playing style" involves scrambling is because his passing game is absolutely atrocious.

We need to beef up our D, overhaul our O-Line and give A-Rod a chance before worrying about who his replacement might be. What did you expect A-Rod to do behind a line that half the time had Favre scrambling around to avoid a sack, for God's sake???

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
BPA = AJ HAWK!!!!!!

BPA would be Vince Young right there.

Chris Havel said and I totally disagree with this but he said they should either trade down for someone like Michael Huff or Vernon Davis or take Vince Young. I guess he considers Hawk to be a nobody. He did say taking Hawk at pick #5 would be horribe value considering Brain Urlacher went pick #12. I guess he must've overlooked the fact that Hawk is being regarded as the Best LB prospect since Lavar Arrington who went #2 or #3 that year.

Though Vince Young does have a ton of upside and I really wasn't impressed with Rodgers during training camp last year and he can be traded with out a hit.

With that said I want to win now and Hawk helps us win now.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk or Huff. Could you imagine the safety duo of Huff and Collins? OMG....that would be scary. Speaking of safeties, is it me or are safeties finally receiving consideration as a vitally important position to defenses?

In the past, with few exceptions, safeties were basically CBs with no wheels. Now, with the more recent introduction of cover 2, good ones are literally having defenses built around them...they are one of the most important positions to the defense.

Well, it is about time. The Pro HOF has ignored them forever (Ronnie Lott and few peers excepted). Perhaps this bodes well for LeRoy one day making it into the Pro HOF.....something he is richly deserving of. If Lott was the safety of the 1980s, LeRoy was the safety of the 1990s...with no peers.

Members online

Latest posts