what do ya fricking know

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another running back placed on IR by the packers. Reshard Lee it is and we are trying to set records with most running backs on Ir.

Yea he didnt play much and fumbled a couple of times, but it still hurts to lose another running back. Cause then you have to sign another back which we just did, i believe we signed the rookie from the steelers.

and it seems like all the players that get hurt also play on special teams.

muprhy,fergy,Lee,davenport.

I say just put chatman back their hes reliable. but then again he would probally get hurt the way things have gone.

did i mention that thornburg is now on IR to.

lol now its just makes me laugh.

but unlike other packers fans on this forum who jump of the wagon, im going to stick by my team.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, for one, haven't jumped off the wagon. Like most others, I'm just disappointed and disgusted at the way this year has gone. And, as I've said before, I'm looking forward to a most interesting off-season. There will be mass changes, I believe, and hopefully great improvement. We have nowhere to go but up and it should be fun..(I keep telling myself).

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
I, for one, haven't jumped off the wagon. Like most others, I'm just disappointed and disgusted at the way this year has gone. And, as I've said before, I'm looking forward to a most interesting off-season. There will be mass changes, I believe, and hopefully great improvement. We have nowhere to go but up and it should be fun..(I keep telling myself).

You are right Grampa......

I am still on the wagon even going downhill at 160 miles and with no breaks at all !!!

Should we build a hospital for all the players that we have on IR ???

:twisted:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about a hospital for all of those "fans" that have jumped off the wagon going downhill at 160 mph. Gotta be alot of broken ankles in Packerland.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but unlike other packers fans on this forum who jump of the wagon, im going to stick by my team.

Tough to jump off the bandwagon when you have been riding it for 30 years. True packer fans have seen this downward spirial before and even though it dosen't get any easier to swallow....the sweet tatse of sucess is worth the wait everytime. Lets just hope its a bump in the road and not a turn due south that lasts for years.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what ppl define as bandwagon...

If you define it as maintaining hope that this yrs' team will make the playoffs, well then yes, me, and pretty much everyone else on the board has jumped off.

If you define it as a fan who loves the team win or lose, and wants to see them be successful, both short and long term, then I haven't seen anyone jump off.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did the Packers ever need a bandwagon?

Real fans are real fans. Every team has hot heads and casual fans who bail when the going gets tough.

Some cities have bandwagons -- but the people's owned Green Bay Packers do not need one in good times or bad.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
That's 5 RBs on IR now. No wonder we can't win a game! Does this make Herron our 7th string RB?

I think this makes Herron our 8th RB -- 5 on IR then Fisher, Gado and Herron.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my seat on the packers bandwagon has an indentation of my *** (an *** mold) on it, from being on the packers wagon 4 life. I worked ******* that *** mold and I dont plan on it being ruined.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not many who are still here can be considered fair weather fans.

I do not know if Noah Herron and any other RB's were signed to multi-year contracts. Herron being on the Steeler practice squad behind the bus, Duece Staley, and Parker really does not have much future there. He does have a shot with the Packers next year. 5 games on the active roster is almost double what a practice squad guy makes.

In free agency good RB are relatively cheap. Blocking is more valuable. An undrafted guy like Gado can get a hundred yards a game if the blocking is there. There is less need for an RB to be drafted. Barber of Minnesota went in the fourth round. Herron may emerge as a good back.

Overall Ted Thompson is getting a lot of free looks at some running backs and R. Lee and Walt Williams are not likely to signed for next year. I like that Mr. Thompson is doing a lot this time of year.

The off season will be very fascinating. I don't know if it will hit 2/3's but in 2006 probable close to 60% and certainly more than 50% of the roster will have been signed by GM Thompson. He has already acquired more players on the roster than Sherman.

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers currently have 16 rookies or first year players on the 53 man roster and 4 on IR. Assuming he brings in 6 or 7 draftees next year, TT could easily have turned over half the roster in his first two years. Seems like a lot of turnover, but only time will tell whether TT knows what he is doing or just changing for the sake of change.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts