What do we need going forward?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, but it doesn't make any sense to draft a player who fills a position of need in the first round if that guy would mostly likely still be on the board in the second round.

You know I've been thinking about reaching to get a guy. We have options in this draft. Trying Clay out at ILB, although I don't think it's a permanant fix, and actually having it work out created some flexibility this offseason. I am by no means a draft expert but I've heard this draft is supposed to be loaded at edge rushers, and Peppers & Perry most likey entering into their last years with the team. There's nothing wrong with taking a true 3-4 OLB with the 1st round if the value isn't there elsewhere and keeping Clay right where he was the 2nd half of the season. The position still needs to be addressed but we do have options.

Ideally, we swing a deal for Willis (wishful thinking I'm aware lol), find that stud ILB in the draft, Clay can go back to terrorizing QB's of the edge with Peppers and we win a SB.

H

HardRightEdge

You know I've been thinking about reaching to get a guy. We have options in this draft. Trying Clay out at ILB, although I don't think it's a permanant fix, and actually having it work out created some flexibility this offseason. I am by no means a draft expert but I've heard this draft is supposed to be loaded at edge rushers, and Peppers & Perry most likey entering into their last years with the team. There's nothing wrong with taking a true 3-4 OLB with the 1st round if the value isn't there elsewhere and keeping Clay right where he was the 2nd half of the season.
There's merit in that line of thinking.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From now on, we need to make sure anyone we draft has a vertical leap.

I didn't know Ha Ha Clinton Dix's vertical leap was zero inches, and that hurt us real bad on the 2-point conversion.

Members online

Latest posts