What do we do if Harris is out?

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make sure theres always a safety back for help cause tramon has proven in my opinion that he cant cover the deep ball. yet.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Replace him with a free agent or trade for someone who can play man to man very well or prepare to have a bad defense all year long. This team can not win games with a bad defense. With no pressure up front from the front four so its imperative to have two shut down corners. One will not do.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about trading with Phily for Lito Shepherd? Not sure what it would take, but It sounded like Phily was wanting rid of him earlier in the year. Are there other Corners that could fit the bill? I don't know.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, work Lee in along with Williams and see how Blackmon turns out. There are alot of options before we start panicking. The safeties need to play well to make up for the loss while the corners begin to gain some playtime experience.

fromphilly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
How about trading with Phily for Lito Shepherd? Not sure what it would take, but It sounded like Phily was wanting rid of him earlier in the year. Are there other Corners that could fit the bill? I don't know.
I don't think the Eagles want to do that at this stage. Also, they want an above-average WR for Sheppard and GB won't part with one of theirs for Lito. Lastly, a WR can't be integrated into the Eagles scheme at this stage of the season ... similar problems for a corner into the GB scheme.

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, we have a lot of young talent that is very spotty. We just need to coach these guys up a little more. There is no question that the talent is there, but there is a lot of work that needs to be done, this type of loss was bound to happen someday due to age anyway.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fromphilly said:
Veretax said:
I don't think the Eagles want to do that at this stage. Also, they want an above-average WR for Sheppard and GB won't part with one of theirs for Lito. Lastly, a WR can't be integrated into the Eagles scheme at this stage of the season ... similar problems for a corner into the GB scheme.

I think we have too many solid WRs personally Jennings, JOnes, Driver, the new kid from Kansas, who else do we have? Anyhow your point is correct though its hard to work a new WR in at this stage of the game, I guess we live with what we got unless there is someone out there with corner skills on the street.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Get a free agent.

Or our "genius" Gm could have done something with that cap money and added some depth to an aging position. But I guess we shouldn't do that and rely on our guys. I called this. I knew one of those CB's were going to go down this season and I was afraid that we didn't do enough to back them up. If I'm wrong, then i will eat my words

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we'll be fine using Tramon Williams in his place and trying to coach up Lee to spell Williams if needed. Safety help over the top should help out also'

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
agopackgo4 said:
Get a free agent.

Or our "genius" Gm could have done something with that cap money and added some depth to an aging position. But I guess we shouldn't do that and rely on our guys. I called this. I knew one of those CB's were going to go down this season and I was afraid that we didn't do enough to back them up. If I'm wrong, then i will eat my words

you called Al or Woody getting injured?

All I seen was you said the D is going to be bad

Could you show US where you said this? I would like to read it

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
angryguy77 said:
agopackgo4 said:
Get a free agent.

Kinda lives up to his name huh LT?

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dansz15 said:
Agreed, work Lee in along with Williams and see how Blackmon turns out. There are alot of options before we start panicking. The safeties need to play well to make up for the loss while the corners begin to gain some playtime experience.

Agreed. One of them has to step up and perform at a higher level.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone on here posed the hypothetical what if one of our top corners went out, but I don't recall who it was.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
angryguy77 said:
agopackgo4 said:
Get a free agent.

If I had posted it here I would show you. This is something that I had discussed with friends before the season started. I don't expect anyone to believe this claim and wouldn't blame them. But I made the prediction based on their age and that one of these guys was due to be honost. It's not very scientific I know, and was not based on some any sort of expert football knowledge.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We suck it up & go with what we've got. This is the pattern that has prevailed for the last 3 seasons. The coaches have bred an aura of confidence that what GB already has is sufficient to overcome losing any one element. It's dangerous to casual observers & does seem to tempt fate but it gives immeasurable psychological advantages to players waiting for their opportunity.

A cast-off from some other team may be brought in for emergency purposes but a trade at this point seems unlikely. That would be the equivalent of TT hitting the panic button. Williams & Blackmon have been kept in GB for just such a scenario as this.

Who inspires more confidence as a replacement? A current team member who's been through at least 2 or 3 training camps in GB or a new addition with allegedly more talent?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
Who inspires more confidence as a replacement? A current team member who's been through at least 2 or 3 training camps in GB or a new addition with allegedly more talent?

good point

Members online

Latest posts