What do we add next year?

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agents 2008

Asante Samuel is a zone-coverage corner. He doesn't fit our scheme.

Oh yeah... and our scheme doesn't need changing. It got us 13 regular season wins.

packers=superbowl24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id say we need a RE Kabeer cant always be getting the sacks on the right side and cullen jenkins isnt good enough to get to the quarterback consistantly. LOLB to replace Poppinga. and saftey's

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really dont think we need too much new personnel to be better next year. Greg will get better, JJ will get better, Atari is gonna be probowl next year and the OL will improve in bounds. Its only the start really, we should be a playoff calibur team for the next 4/5 years at least.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see an interior OL that is nasty and shows some fire. A mauler, as they are called. Not sure how that would fit in with the ZBS, but I think those big nasty guys get the offensive line fired up.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Free Agents 2008

CB - Asante Samuel Domonique Foxworth Randall Gay im sure randall gay plays bumb and run it might be even worth looking at DeAngelo Hall

FAVREtotheHALL04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need to look into depth on the offensive line, defensive line, and secondary. I also would consider looking at a punter either in FA or the draft. Let's face it, Jon Ryan wasn't anything to write home about this year, especially late in the season.

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to beef up the defense in every way possible. I don't care about the o-line, its enough to get us to the NFC championship! If we add depth to all our positions on defense even more we will stop Eli from flipping to any receiver even though he sucks.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:
a stud rb. grant showed he is nothing more than a career backup

I just noticed that comment and I completely disagree. 956 Yards in 7 starts... That's an average of 136 yds/game and you think he's a career backup...

Using that average, had he started every game this season, he would have ended with 2,176 yards. Yes, I'm aware that it's an astronomical number and its unrealistic to think that he would have completed a 2,000+ yard season, but it shows that he's the real deal.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two words: Antoine Cason.........or Aqib Talib!

My thoughts exactly.

1. CB - We need a nickel back and a future starter. Remember when the Eagles had Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor but drafted Lito Shepphard.

2. OL - I'm still not sold on Colledge or Spitz. I liked their progress though. Obviously you can look to get better and I believe a future LT wouldn't hurt.

3. Punter - Ryan is the most inconsistent punter I think in the league. Play great one day and awful the next. Not to knock him for yesterday as nobody could punt in that mess but it's been a trend I noticed.

Outside of that i really don't think this team has that many holes to fill.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What we need is someone who is a threat on every play. That's all. It's quite simple. See Reggie White.

Reaction score
I've had time to rethink things a little:

1) CB - We need a young versatile CB, one who can play man-to-man eventually, but also has the ability to play nickel back.

This is something we could've used yesterday. Al doesn't play the nickel, so that really limited what the Packers could do match-up wise by switching C-Wood to cover Burress.

2) Guard - Only one. Colledge is too inconsistent, and I think that hurt us yesterday. Who knows, maybe Coston or Barber are capable of taking over the role from Colledge and playing consistently. If not, we need to address this via FA (I'd prefer an established G) or the draft.

Latest posts