What do we add next year?

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order:
#1.Oline - Clifton is getting old and the inside guys got stuffed in the run game.

#2.Secondary - Need to start looking for the future at corner and the safetys are invisible way to much.

#3.LB - Another stud LB would be welcome.

#4.DL - Need an inside pass rusher than can get home more constantly.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In order:
#1.Oline - Clifton is getting old and the inside guys got stuffed in the run game.

#2.Secondary - Need to start looking for the future at corner and the safetys are invisible way to much.

We need to improve our OL. The run blocking was non-existent against the Giants.

We need to improve our secondary. We got worked by their WRs.

So, I'll say your #1 and #2 are our highest priorities.

Reaction score
1) Guard - I don't think I need to explain why. Colledge is too inconsistent.

2) CB - What a terrible game for our CBs, we need some more young blood there.

3) S - PLEASE get a playmaking Safety back there. Please. For the sake of the Children.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB, CB, CB, CB, CB, CB, CB, CB, CB, CB!!!!!!!!!! If we dont take a cornerback in first 3 rounds hopefully the first or get a good 1 in Free agency I might shoot someone!

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerlegend the irony between your post and your signature are amazing. I agree though - secondary needs some help.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We NEED to build up the secondary. An awesome, young CB to make Woodson and Harrison fear for their job and make them want to play harder. Safteys could use some work too. Atari Bigby looked like he was picking it up last week, but I didn't see him much today.

O-LINE!!!! They were doing great all year, but what happened to our run game? The Giants completely shut it down. New Guard, start training a backup Tackle or 2.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from the 29th spot i hope it's justin king

a penn stater...im pissed he went pro, i dont think he's quite ready for the nfl yet but learning under harris and woodson will be good

jbroad70

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
In order:

We need to improve our OL. The run blocking was non-existent against the Giants.

We need to improve our secondary. We got worked by their WRs.

So, I'll say your #1 and #2 are our highest priorities.

absolutely spot-on. we need to get rid of both nick collins and daryn colledge. collins does have a lot of talent and is very athletic but lacks the smarts and good football sense to become a great player in the nfl. colledge proved this season that he CAN play well if he is called out by the coach but is very mediocre 95% of the time.

also can someone answer this for me. i've always thought that woodson was just a better player than harris. 1. why was harris covering burriss tonight? and 2. why was there no help given to him once we saw that he could not cover burriss. if someone could enlighten me i would be greatful.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
absolutely spot-on. we need to get rid of both nick collins and daryn colledge. collins does have a lot of talent and is very athletic but lacks the smarts and good football sense to become a great player in the nfl. colledge proved this season that he CAN play well if he is called out by the coach but is very mediocre 95% of the time.

also can someone answer this for me. i've always thought that woodson was just a better player than harris. 1. why was harris covering burriss tonight? and 2. why was there no help given to him once we saw that he could not cover burriss. if someone could enlighten me i would be greatful.

Hopefully next year Rouse will be ready to start over Collins. I'd keep Collins, because he'd be a valuable backup, and we all know how important depth is later in the season. However, we still need to draft at least two DBs.

Colledge too is a good backup, and shouldn't be a starter if we want to go all the way next year. He didn't do anything for Grant today. Grant got 29 yards on 13 carries. The fault wasn't Grant. He was getting hit before the line of scrimmage way too often today.

And I can't answer either of your questions. I think the coaches dropped the ball there.

jbroad70

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jbroad70 said:

Hopefully next year Rouse will be ready to start over Collins. I'd keep Collins, because he'd be a valuable backup, and we all know how important depth is later in the season. However, we still need to draft at least two DBs.

Colledge too is a good backup, and shouldn't be a starter if we want to go all the way next year. He didn't do anything for Grant today. Grant got 29 yards on 13 carries. The fault wasn't Grant. He was getting hit before the line of scrimmage way too often today.

And I can't answer either of your questions. I think the coaches dropped the ball there.

i agree about rouse. he looked really good in the few games that he played in and seemed to have that intangible thing that collins does not have (and probably never will). i was actually kind of excited when collins came out of the game and rouse came in. but my excitement was short-lived :(

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agents 2008

http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html

here you go, so who do you want? Hopefully that we have come so close TT will sign someone good because we should only need a few more pieces and that would really help us out. Alot of the high profile guys will probably unforunatly get signed or franchised but here is who I would think could help.

I think we could use another RB a veteran. Micheal Turner was on our list last year and I think he still should be it would make a great combo.

I also hope for guys like Marcus Trufant CB who is likely not going to be in Seattle next year, I would love love love to get this guy.

And Ken Hamlin who I thought we should have went after last year and he was one of TT's Seattle guys so I dont know why we didnt try.

Theres more people I would want but those 3 stand out the most to me right now.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another corner so al harris can play nickle where he belongs. shutdown? lol.

please, please add a playmaker in the secondary. a ballhawk saftey. im sick of this secondary not getting big plays. the only picks they get are luck deflection picks

lance briggs.

inside pass rusher, the pressure from the GB fron 4 is grossly overrated.

a stud rb. grant showed he is nothing more than a career backup

maybe upgrade the interior o-line, particulary G

LonelyPoet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offensive line played well today, that doesn't mean it is safe to play offense with this line up. Packers need addition there. Defense just did not clicked today, too many mistakes. Not a lot of additions needed there. More exposure to Cold days may help. Defense was frozen today. But we have to live with this till next season.
It is really sad. Very Sad

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerlegend the irony between your post and your signature are amazing. I agree though - secondary needs some help.
Harris and Woodson have played good for the most part. Woodson has played better then Harris I think. I was talking more like depth after them 2 it gets really bad. But ya im thinking about cutting my sig right down the middle and keeping Woodson or ditching it all together.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agents 2008

Faneca, for sure. Re-sign Williams. Asante Samuel would be a KEY pickup, or maybe Trufant. It would be awesome to pump up the secondary.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Free Agents 2008

TT will never sign Faneca. He doesn't believe in paying top dollar for guards. I read it in an article about him and Ron Wolf having that same philosophy.

Neither will TT sign Asante Samuel (even though he should if available) because he will likely command top dollar. TT's free agency action has taken place after the top dollar players are long gone and the pickings are slim.

If anyone, TT will go after Womack, but most likely will stick with the guys we have and draft a guard and probably another offensive lineman.

I think we're pretty set at running back and that one of the 4 guys we have will get cut (Wynn, Morency, Jackson and Grant). My money is on Morency or Wynn.

Members online

Latest posts