What do the packers do at WR?

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, what a wonderful problem to have. I think because of the offense they keep at least 6 of them on the roster, the question is who will be the odd man out :/ And you never know they could draft someone too.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see anyone going anywhere. I don't even see TT giving it much thought. We have other areas to concentrate on.

Trades nowadays are few and far between.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see them drafting at WR this year - it isn't a short-term or even long-term need right now.

Agreed.

Jennings and Jones are very young. K-Rob is still young. Jones will eventually replace Driver.

Plus Martin and Holliday are young. I don't know if we'll keep Bodiford or not.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If we do anything with trading a Wideout, it will be post training camp and probably at the final cutdown. With the type of offense we deploy, you can't have enough quality wides.. IMO.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I am almost always wrong when it comes to my gut feelin about sports.

So do not panic.

Based on my record.... Of Gut feelings.... Brett will play another 2 years.

Geez RP, I hope your Gut feeling is WAAAAAAYYYY off and he plays another ten years... In what capacity? I don't know.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
keep who we have k-rod is going to be great brett will be back both his ankles will be better he will be better than last year :D

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Isn't it a NICE "problem" to have though? Too many good WR's? I think we will keep them all......if Favre stays.

Would you call it a problem? i wouldn't................. its a great position to be in :D

Yes it is! Whether Brett stays or not.

I'd concentrate on giving Brett another big play TE, in the likes of Keith Jackson, or more time in the pocket and get a REAL Interior OLINEMAN.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
cheesey said:
Isn't it a NICE "problem" to have though? Too many good WR's? I think we will keep them all......if Favre stays.

Would you call it a problem? i wouldn't................. its a great position to be in :D

Yes it is! Whether Brett stays or not.

I'd concentrate on giving Brett another big play TE, in the likes of Keith Jackson, or more time in the pocket and get a REAL Interior OLINEMAN.

Good point. Having good WRs is great, but it would be so much better to sacrifice some of that talent for a quality big play TE to gain those clutch first downs and red zone TDs.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point. Having good WRs is great, but it would be so much better to sacrifice some of that talent for a quality big play TE to gain those clutch first downs and red zone TDs.

If Bubba can only stay healthy. He seems like last year, he got it back, but then got injured. Brett likes Bubba in the red zone.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Martin, and would like him back. And Holiday is a tough and fearless WR with good instincts to find the opening in coverage, being a former QB and all.

Now, about Robinson. Great story, good player, but he has a bone on bone condition in his chronic right knee. Is there a higher ceiling for him, or does his kneee make him all that he is right now?

Like most have said, we have the luxory of great talent and depth at WR...it will work itself out to most of our satisfaction no matter how it shakes out.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

No....thats why i put "problem" like i just did. It's not a problem, its GREAT!
If one of our WR's was to get hurt, we have guys that can step in and be almost as effective.
Thats why i hope they figure out a way to keep ALL of them. I don't know if thats possible, but it would be nice!
Even if A-Rod is our QB, having those weapons will only help him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre2driver said:
Holliday was emergency QB? whoa! :shock:

I'd heard Martin was/is the emergency QB - before Nall came back that is

I heard the same. Martin has experience playing QB. I don't know how far back if it was in high school or college.

But Holliday was our 3rd string QB before he went down.

If I'm not mistaken, all our current WRs have experience playing either QB or RB.

Reaction score
You know what is funny?

Yesterday on NFL Total Access, they did a segment on what each team in the NFC North could use in the first round of the draft.

According to NFLN analyst Charles Davis, the Packers should spend their #30 pick on a WR, because drafting a WR is a "must" for them this year.

I'm not kidding, Charles Davis of NFLN thought the Packers should take WR Malcolm Kelly. Un-frickin-believable.

Members online

Latest posts