What did you guys think of day 2 ??

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt really like any of the picks selected by the Packers today, besides Ingle Martin.

This is how I think we should of drafted:

104-Demetrius Williams (WR-Oregon)
115-Orien Harris (DT-Miami) or Ray Edwards (DE-Purdue) or Will Blackmon (WR/CB Boston College)
148-Ingle Martin (QB Furman)
165-Jonathan Orr (WR Wisconsin) or Montavious Stanley (DT Lous.)
183-Greg Eslinger (C Minnesota)
253- I dont really care who they get here

What are yall's opinions on what/how TT and the Packers did today ?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it has gone pretty well. Quality depth, should be some very good competition in training camp. Our needs have been addressed pretty well.

OP
OP
C

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, we did address our needs. I just feel that there were better players on the board to fill our needs than some of the guys we selected. It could be worse. Hopefully TT picks come through. I was hoping for quality more than quantity...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was an ok day 2. A very solid Day 1 though. Rogers is a decent WR that could compete for a #4 or #5 spot on the roster. Blackmon will be a great upgrade at kick returner and Martin gives us a #3 and a future prospect with loads of potential.

Overall I thought Day 1 was a A- and Day 2 was a B- I'd give the Packers a B for their Draft which is very solid. Best in the divsion in my opinion.

OP
OP
C

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I thought it was an ok day 2. A very solid Day 1 though. Rogers is a decent WR that could compete for a #4 or #5 spot on the roster. Blackmon will be a great upgrade at kick returner and Martin gives us a #3 and a future prospect with loads of potential.

Overall I thought Day 1 was a A- and Day 2 was a B- I'd give the Packers a B for their Draft which is very solid. Best in the divsion in my opinion.

I agree with your draft grade on the Packers. BUT I am not sure if we had the best draft in the division. I think Detroit had a good draft , Jonathan Scott (OT-Texas) is good, I see him play all the time here in Texas. AND they got a real steal in Fred Matua (OL-USC) in the 7th (who i think is better than Tony Moll (OL-Nevada). Overrall i think we did OK, we may have tied Detroit in draft grades. We could of done better talent wise, but we got some good guys. We'll see in a couple of years if the trading down helped or not.

Brooks87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont really post much(more of a lurker lol j/k)Overall so far i thought it was a good draft.Got some good OL that was badly needed.Some good WR'S to help and of course Hawk and Hodge to give us that nasty LB core.I cant wait for the pre-season now lol..Gonna go dust off some of my old packer games from 93-99 and have a lil after draft football sunday.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts