What could we get if we traded....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon Walker and KGB? package them together.

We are probably getting Mario Williams, and KGB hurts the checkbook, but is talented(even if it is only one thing).

I think if we traded KGB and Javon we could get something really nice in return.

Thats just me though.

(pack66, please dont respond to this. yes, im dumb, and this is a TT halfbaked scheme or something..we know...so save it)

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean beside a $10 million cap hit? Seriously, maybe a first rounder for the two of them, but I'm not even sure about that. Walker doesn't have much trade value right now due to his injury.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
You mean beside a $10 million cap hit? Seriously, maybe a first rounder for the two of them, but I'm not even sure about that. Walker doesn't have much trade value right now due to his injury.

how would we get a 10mil cap hit by...trading our players? (im serious)

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

Getting rid of KGB and Walker before June would result in a cap hit of about 7.5 million. That's also about what it would cost to keep them. I think KGB could be trade bait later on draft day if we take Mario, now that Kampman has signed. I don't think Walker is going anywhere because he has little trade value until he shows he has recovered from his injury.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well dont trade him till then...

what a weird assumption, TOPackerfan...

id love to watch a preseason game and hear "javon Walker and KGb were traded earlier today for..."

it happened when i was watching the bears preseason game once. marty booker for adawale ogunyglgylgye straight up.

i bet its a good feeling.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I'm way off here, wouldn't be there first time...lol...But when I see Kampman signing long term, the first thought is:

"The Pack loves Hawk."

I don't know. It's been tough to choose between those two picks, but I guess I'd go with Williams.

On draft day, if I get either...I'll be happy.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to accelerate the remainig signing bonus immediately when a trade occurs just like you do when you cut a guy. I'm not sure what the assumption you're referring to was, but it's a significant cap charge (not that we couldn't afford it this year).

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Majic,

A lot of recent mock drafts show the Jets taking Mario at #4. That could have influenced Thompson as well. If that happens, I think Thompson may try to trade down to a team that wants Cutler. Picking up a 2nd round pick while taking a great player like Huff wouldn't be a bad thing either.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prior to Kampy getting in to the swing of things, KGB was our guy. No need to get rid of him. One reason why AK has been is good is that opposing teams concentrate on KGB. He's good. Don't get rid of our good players. Just like Longwell, people want him gone. This makes no sense. Sure he doesn't kick the deep ball but he's accurate in a sh!tty weather. Think about all our opposing kickers who miss FG's in Lambeau. KGB is a Packer and lets add to this team with quality players, not get rid of one and add a question mark. Think people.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I think once teams got used to the one pass rush move that KGB has (speed rush), he hasn't been nearly as effective. Excellent pass rushers like Reggie White, Strahan, Bruce Smith, etc. could beat the O-Lineman several ways....KGB can't and looks like he never will. Oh, and by the way, he sucks at stuffing the run. Overpaid nice guy, that's it...

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Prior to Kampy getting in to the swing of things, KGB was our guy. No need to get rid of him. One reason why AK has been is good is that opposing teams concentrate on KGB. He's good. Don't get rid of our good players. Just like Longwell, people want him gone. This makes no sense. Sure he doesn't kick the deep ball but he's accurate in a sh!tty weather. Think about all our opposing kickers who miss FG's in Lambeau. KGB is a Packer and lets add to this team with quality players, not get rid of one and add a question mark. Think people.

I didn't see one team double Kgb all season...In fact most of the time they didn't even have a back shift to his side for help. Kgb is a one look DE and after one series in a ballgame any middle of the road offensive lineman can time his rush and adjust to contain him. He ran himself out of containment every time he rushed and gave up way to many large third down rushes last season. His rushes are all the same with longer than average sweep around the outside and his sacks always seam to come only if the qbs first option is covered. It wouldn't break my heart to see his head roll.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we could package Walker and KGB. I doubt there would be a taker.

With Walker I think we could get a 2nd rounder or maybe a late first. A team like Pittsburgh could be a taker. Seattle as well.

Rumor is KGB is being shopped around for only a 4th rounder.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is going to give up a fiirst round pick for Walker. I would like to see TT package Walker and their 2nd round pick (#37 overall, I believe) to Denver for their earliest 1st round pick (#22 I believe).

I don't think we can get rid of KGB until we know we have Mario. The Jets at #4 might beat us to him.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
route25 said:
No one is going to give up a fiirst round pick for Walker. I would like to see TT package Walker and their 2nd round pick (#37 overall, I believe) to Denver for their earliest 1st round pick (#22 I believe).

I don't think we can get rid of KGB until we know we have Mario. The Jets at #4 might beat us to him.

I think Denver might give up one of their two first rounds for him. It's a stretch. I think that is our best shot at a first rounder for him.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Fran just got a 3rd and 4th rounder for brandon llyod. Im sure walker could bring in atleast a second and maybe even one of denvers 1st rounders

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon Lloyd was not injured and he put up good numbers on a bad team. He also was a team player, Javon Walker did only one of those things one year.
Nobody is going to offer us anything for Walker.
The other thing is that TT said he expects Walker to honor his contract, which tells me Walker either comes back and plays or he sits out and pays back the money owed to The Packers.

Either way does not matter to me other then the fact that if Walker refuses to play we only have one proven reciever on the team.(DD)

Ole #4 is getting closer and closer to making up his mind.

Dammit TT get in there and do something with the money you have to spend!!!!

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
The other thing is that TT said he expects Walker to honor his contract, which tells me Walker either comes back and plays or he sits out and pays back the money owed to The Packers.

I think he just said this so he doesn't look desparate to other teams looking at potentially acquiring Walker. A GM won't offer you full value if they know you wanna dump the guy off.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets all look back to last year when idiot javon said im not playing until I get more money. I think he played. Same thing this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts