What concerns you the most about the Giants?

Which one area concerns you the most vs the Giants

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why did we lose to Kansas City?
It's hard to single-out one thing there, but there were a few:

#1- Tamba Hali got to Rodgers too many times past our LT
#2- Kyle Orton kept getting 1st downs and eating up the clock
#3- The refs screwed us calling Jordy Nelson for TWO bogus offensive pass interference calls
#4- Our defense didn't create a single turnover. We are 15-0 when we create any. We are 0-1 when we don't.

That being said, which one of these areas is THE MOST important for us to beat the Giants on Sunday?
Which do you worry about the most?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That's not only why we lost to K.C., we failed to create a ground game.

If something worries me, it's the running game. So far in the playoffs no team has won a game with under 100 rushing yards, and that's what you expect. It may be a passing league, but the ground game still matters. If we had some great running in the K.C. game, we wouldn't have had to ask Rodgers to keep throwing it when there were various dropped balls and bad protection. Running the ball chews up the clock too.

Watching the Lions lose to the Saints, they barely had 32 total rushing yards. I know Stafford is a good QB, but he didn't have no help from the other factor of the offense. The Bengals also struggled to run the ball, and even though they got 76 yards rushing which is better than the Lions, they just abandoned the run and went heavy pass early in the game when it was close, and that's a big reason they lost. And the Falcons are another one that struggled to run the ball in th playoffs with just 64 total rushing yards (even though I think everyone is over reacting, Atlanta was not all that great a team to begin with.)

The teams that win this weekend will more than likely have over 100 yard rushing, I'm about 87% positive on that factor of the offense.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense against the run. If we cannot stop the Giants from runnung the ball, we may be in for a long day. Rodgers will still make plays against their pass rush. We can use Kuhn for the only thing he is good for - blocking and protecting Rodgers, but at the end of the day, IMO, we need to stop the run. If they are able to move the ball at will on the ground, it will open up the play action with single coverage on Nicks and Cruz, and turn Manning from an above average QB to an elite QB in this game.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a giant fan so I answered on what I would think is the biggest key if I was a packer fan. If the giants can't pressure ARod, a lot, they won't stand a chance

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lost our edge in that game. Watch the film. I study body language for my job. The sidelines were quiet slumped shoulders and the players were complaining about everything. They were in a game that didn't matter. And they knew it. Glad they remember now how it feels to loose!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's playoff time so I think the refs with their bone headed calls can be a factor. I think run game will be fine think A-Rod will maybe get sacked once d-line will be good,so go pack go.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most important factor to minimize is the Giant's pass rush. Rodgers can and will pick apart any defense with time. That creates the "shootout" type of game and I'd bet the mortgage on GB winning that type of game. Eli and his receivers are very good but at some point they won't keep up with Rodgers if their D-line can't stop anything.

Reaction score
If Clifton & Bulaga can both hold up and they keep Rodgers upright the Pack should win easily. If Rodgers is running for his life and getting sacked it could be a very long day!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I have a sneaking suspicion (or is it wish) that Ryan Grant runs wild as the OL actually gives him some holes, similar to what he saw in his first playoff game vs Seattle in the snow (after he fumbled the ball away the first 2 times he touched it... we can't have that again).

You know that Perry Fewell and the Giants D are 100% focused on STOPPING RODGERS.
Put yourself in their shoes. They are totally determined to stop Rodgers, to clog the passing lanes, to put pressure on #12. They will be hunting and going after him at all times and they will hit him as often as possible.

I hope to hit them for some traps & draws, and some screens. We had a great screen set up last week to Saine, but Sitton whiffed totally on his block as Wells was ready to get the next guy.....

I like the way Saine runs right now... I think he has more of a burst and ballz-to-the-meddle right now than Grant or Starks.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I get concerned about Coughlin complaining the Refs again. One of the things the KC coach did was get in the ear of the refs before the game started. After what happened in NY, I expect the Giants to work the refs early.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding the KC game, I think one of the biggest reasons we lost that game is because we were flat. We just simply didn't play a good game. Sometimes it happens. We let KC get away with things that the Packers normally don't allow, like receivers getting jammed at the LOS, the defense stopping nothing, neither the run nor Orton.

Now as far as the greatest concern against the Giants? I'll list 3:

1. Pass rush. Some people seem to think that no matter what, Rodgers is going to pull rabbits out of his hat when he's got JPP or Umeniyora on top of him. Yes, Rodgers is one of the best at escaping the rush, but he can't do that every time. Consistent pass rush will affect any quarterback and it will affect Rodgers. It's not just sacks, it's sacks + hits + pressures. A couple of sacks ain't gonna be a disaster, but being pressured on every drop back will hurt.

2. Run defense. The Packer defense has got to step up and stop something, and their best chance is the run. Force Eli to throw and hope he makes a few mistakes. INTs are our strong suit.

3. Dropped passes. I believe that Finley will be one of the keys to the game. He presents a mismatch for the Giants' defense. If he has butterfingers, that will disrupt our offense as much as anything. If he doesn't drop it, he could end up the #1 or #2 receiver for the game.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest concern is the O-Line protecting Rodgers. I think all of us Packers fans need to send up a prayer that they have got these problems fixed and that line locked down tight. A weak O-Line could have the potential to negate Rodger's role in the game, thus having the effect of cutting off the head of an anaconda. We don't have a spectacular run game, but I think what little we have will suffice for pounding short yardage/ short gains and 3rd down conversions. Got to keep those chains moving. I'd me more worried about the Giants running game than ours. We are going to need to be on our guard with our run D. Other than that, if all goes as it should, the Pack has the edge because of our offense. If they can find a way to shut down our offense and cut the head off the snake, then the Giants stand a very real chance of winning the game. So far, nobody has been able to do that or even tell me a defensive formula that they think would stop or negate our offense.

If you take the opponent out of the mix, the greatest enemy of the Packers is themselves. If we don't get in our own way, we should win. Not saying it's going to be easy, I have a lot of respect for the Giants, but my gut feeling is with the Packers. If our offense if firing on all 8 cylinders, there is simply no stopping us. You'd need more Giants or guys who can be in two or three places at once or guys who can teleport.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I have a sneaking suspicion (or is it wish) that Ryan Grant runs wild as the OL actually gives him some holes, similar to what he saw in his first playoff game vs Seattle in the snow (after he fumbled the ball away the first 2 times he touched it... we can't have that again).

You know that Perry Fewell and the Giants D are 100% focused on STOPPING RODGERS.
Put yourself in their shoes. They are totally determined to stop Rodgers, to clog the passing lanes, to put pressure on #12. They will be hunting and going after him at all times and they will hit him as often as possible.

I hope to hit them for some traps & draws, and some screens. We had a great screen set up last week to Saine, but Sitton whiffed totally on his block as Wells was ready to get the next guy.....

I like the way Saine runs right now... I think he has more of a burst and ballz-to-the-meddle right now than Grant or Starks.

Agree a lot. I don't think the Packers will run the ball a lot, but I do think that they will have the chance to catch the Giants' defense off guard if they call it right.

I also like Saine. I think he may be our #2 running back next year. He's very good on screens and short passes. I can tell that Rodgers like to throw to him. He also has more burst speed through the line than I thought.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Nothing really, it's the winner of the Saints/Niners game coming to Lambeau next weekend that concerns me more. The Giants will put in a Redskins-esque performance and will be a footnote on the way to the Super Bowl for us, much like the Falcons were last year.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous -- how can you say that about your lackluster defense?
I judge teams on their ability to outscore their opponents. Currently, the Packers have the highest scoring offense and the 18(ish) best defense - based on scoring. What other stat better translates to success? It translated to a 15-1 record. How can you argue otherwise?

gmenfever42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants either need Finley to have another case of the dropsies or get to Rodgers A LOT! We do have Boley back and solid though so should be a little easier

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants either need Finley to have another case of the dropsies or get to Rodgers A LOT! We do have Boley back and solid though so should be a little easier

If Finley has butter fingers again I swear I'll run out on the field in a murderous rage. He played well against the Lions though, no dropsies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts