What can we learn from KC Chiefs?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry guys but ANY team that makes it to the big game, their QB deserves at the very least respect. There were times in that game were Mahomes looked ordinary. Sure he rallied but if people can say he was 100% brilliant were clearly watching a different game from me.
I agree overall, but I'm just still having a hard time wrapping my mind around a QB beating our team by throwing the ball 8 times. That is infuriating to say the least.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I agree overall, but I'm just still having a hard time wrapping my mind around a QB beating our team by throwing the ball 8 times. That is infuriating to say the least.

And I understand that, it`s just that either way they beat us and he was at the helm at the time.

I

I can understand he`s not the GOAT but I can see him getting there again one day. :tup:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I understand that, it`s just that either way they beat us and he was at the helm at the time.
that's right, THEY. Their defense and run game. he threw 8 easy peasy times. Would be different had they been such a potent passing offense we played nickel the whole game because we were afraid of of what Jimmy would do with his arm. that wasn't even close to the case. Base d all game long to stop the run and we got stomped. JG had very little to do with that.

It always takes a team, but ask Dallas if Rodgers beat them? Ripped their hearts right out. They play pass and he still kills them with the pass. There's a big difference. JG was along for the ride with that team. When the chips were down Mahomes made huge play after huge play and Jimmy missed.

I

Half the 49ers fans think so, going by a huge thread in their forums!

I think that is more down to misery and despair at the moment...lol. Look, I appreciate he doesn`t set the world on fire, but he can`t be that bad. I also find it funny (not aimed at you here) that when our own QB has played ****** games...(waits for it !!) we always say the team let him down.
I just don`t think Jimmy is as mediocre as we seem to be saying here. JMHO

I

I have a friend at work who is a 49er fan who I`m dying to rip into on Thursday, but I KNOW he will simply say "We beat you, and we played in the Superbowl", and I won`t have a comeback for him.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How ARE they taking that loss by chance?

Usual mix. Some want a better QB and feel Jimmy G is the weak link, esp in close matches where they to accelerate scoring. Others feel they've overachieved this year and will only get better next season. Referees favour Mahomes more than Jimmy G etc etc.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a friend at work who is a 49er fan who I`m dying to rip into on Thursday, but I KNOW he will simply say "We beat you, and we played in the Superbowl", and I won`t have a comeback for him.
That just makes his team the biggest loser. At the end of the day his team is a loser just like us. That's what I always tell people. I'd rather get my butt kicked than choke the way they did. XD

You have plenty of options for a comeback dude.

I

That just makes his team the biggest loser. At the end of the day his team is a loser just like us. That's what I always tell people. I'd rather get my butt kicked than choke the way they did. XD

You have plenty of options for a comeback dude.

hahaha.............he`s 6ft 6ins and a man mountain. I`m a frail 62 year old man. Silence is the best option.

I

Will Kansas go and visit the President in Washington State do you think ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Nobody has noticed the deliberate mistake....unless Washington is in Washington State ?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Say "at least we won the super bowl when we got there"

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always go back and forth on that during Packer games as halftime approaches. I have seen the Packers use TO's while on defense, thinking they will get the ball back and it backfires when the other team picks up the first down and takes the ball down the field to score before half. We have also seen the opposite, Packers get the ball and march down and score. Guess its up to the coach if he thinks his defense will stop the other team and his offense is rolling.

One thing I do think is inexcusable, for an offense to have the ball with under 10 seconds on the clock, the ball past their own 30 and they kneel down. Throw a hail mary, hope for pass interference or some other defensive penalty that might allow you to score before half.
I usually do not like to see us call timeouts when they have the ball before the half. At least normally not until 3rd down.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just my two cents but I think Jimmy Garapollo has a good arm and a good throwing motion. I am not sure forcing him to stay in a collapsing pocket is a good idea.

Reaction score
It should be infuriating to watch a team rush for 200+ in the first half.
Hopefully our GM sees it that way. This speaks to the DL and LB needing a major overhaul

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was one great SB. The Chief's showed all how to beat the 49'rs but the problem is now, how to beat the Chief's.
If anything, probably better have at least 21 point lead in the 4th quarter and they may not be enough.
A couple more good FA's, hit on 3 of our draft picks, and we've got a chance, but the window's closing fast with all of the qb's rising to the top.
Go Pack 2020.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
K.C. has had a lot of comebacks. They have the ability to score anytime, from anywhere. There will be a lot of teams trying to figure out exactly what pieces they need to be able to beat them. We need to figure out where we can get all the pieces we need to get to meet them next year in February.

Reaction score
KC gambled by double teaming Kittle much of the night. That gamble paid off as Kittle was held to a pedestrian 4 catches at 8 yards per.
Solution= Coverage LB paired w/Safety help

KC also uses the ground game effectively with 29 rushes which controlled the clock. In turn it kept the SF Defense on the field (33:13.. which they are not accustomed to). Those rushes included a big-bodied 230lb KC QB scrambling out of pressures for several key first downs. Mahomes rushed 9 times for just 29 yards, but more importantly he converted several key first downs while avoiding the pass rush and maintained control of that clock, thus allowing his own Defense adequate rest.

Garappollo had a fair amount of pressure from a good KC pass rush, that inevitably kept him in check. He had just 2 passes of 20+ and a long play of just 26 yards (Bourne)
Solution=Increase interior pressure from iDL and ILB to add to adequate Edge Pressure

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts