What can we learn from KC Chiefs?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They ran up 21 points in 4q against a scary D. And kept things at par before that.

1. Their O line was up to the task.
2. employed a lot of toss up plays from backfield to keep D guessing.
3. Lovely QB play.
4. D was up to the task and stopped the run game (mostly).

Breeland! He was a 1st half hero and we cut him. Shows how a quality coach can make a difference!

Sky King

Reaction score
That offenses and defenses cannot be allowed to stagnate. Sometimes they have to out-think the other guys, not just rely on better execution and stubborn persistence to prove that a failed old plan will work better the next time around. Be better prepared.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think they showed the Niner D is not so scary, and I am even less impressed with MLF's offense now.
They have all pro te.

2 or 3 of fastest guyS in nfl..

A 1st year hc compared to someone that has coaching almost longer than
Matt been alive

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have a near olympian level deep threat and an all pro TE. Then when they have to cover them, run it on them.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn’t cut him, he was a FA.
Semantics. We saw hints, but didn't see the picture.

A 1st year hc compared to someone that has coaching almost longer than
Matt been alive

Doesn't say nothing. MM would have fared worse. Shananhan doesn't have that much experience either and fare better. I bet MLF only gets better and learns from this. He's dynamic.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not semantics. He was largely seen as our best dB by seasons end and biggest playmaker on that side of the ball.

but he wasn’t under contract and could go anywhere for any amount he wanted too. Maybe he didn’t even like it here. Cutting implies we didn’t want him here and sent him packing and that’s not how it happened.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya, most of us knew Breeland was gonna get bigger money somewhere else. Happy to see ex-Packers contribute and ultimately shutting up the 9ers.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could not believe the 9rs started passing on 2nd and 5 with the lead and what?...six minutes left.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could not believe the 9rs started passing on 2nd and 5 with the lead and what?...six minutes left.

I was really surprised that Shanahan got away from the run dominant strategy that easily got him to the Super Bowl especially that late in the game. The Chiefs didn't really shut down the 49ers run game any more than we did, they just didn't use it as much.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not semantics. He was largely seen as our best dB by seasons end and biggest playmaker on that side of the ball.

but he wasn’t under contract and could go anywhere for any amount he wanted too. Maybe he didn’t even like it here. Cutting implies we didn’t want him here and sent him packing and that’s not how it happened.

He signed a one year deal with Chiefs and one that's loaded on incentives and tbh not that higher than Jaire. We let him go because we have King and Alexander. Breeland would and should have started ahead of either.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He signed a one year deal with Chiefs and one that's loaded on incentives and tbh not that higher than Jaire. We let him go because we have King and Alexander. Breeland would and should have started ahead of either.

What difference would it have made this season even if he wanted to come back for the same deal he took with the Chiefs? (Which we just don't know if he would have.) We didn't lose the NFC championship game because of poor corner play.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they showed the Niner D is not so scary, and I am even less impressed with MLF's offense now.

KC has been running the same offense for all of the time Mahomes has been there. This year we installed a new offensive scheme and philosophy and asked a 36 year old QB to learn it kinda on the fly without the explosive receiving weapons the Chiefs have. As GreenNGold said here - the 9ers had to contend with super speedy WRs and a beast at TE along with a good running game. We have some catching up to do no doubt but I don't think we are as far away as some here are suggesting.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Well bottom line is he’s moved on, and the thing the Packers can take from this is don’t quit, and taking Z’s quote how about preparing, and learning from the first lost,we don’t meet them all the time like a division rival so it would help to come ready with a plan rather than excuses.

Reaction score
I thought KC did a better job getting pressure in the middle forcing Garapollo errors. GB needs little more physicality upfront on D next to Kenny at interior DT. Not sure there’s anyone on the roster right now to solve that riddle.
Another LB or 2 and a couple of bonafide Receivers and GB can compete with SF. They are very physical, but KC plays very fast.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I’m going to give MLF a chance that he can figure this out this coming season, but management needs to get us those pieces...

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What difference would it have made this season even if he wanted to come back for the same deal he took with the Chiefs? (Which we just don't know if he would have.) We didn't lose the NFC championship game because of poor corner play.

He was worth a first or second round pick. And that might have been the difference.

Again, I'm not dissing MLF here and do believe he's the future, but really see him as a missed opportunity to build rather than replace talent in roster.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was worth a first or second round pick. And that might have been the difference.

Again, I'm not dissing MLF here and do believe he's the future, but really see him as a missed opportunity to build rather than replace talent in roster.

I'm lost. Was worth a first or second round pick? To whom? He was a free agent and even if we had signed him for this year, trading him midseason as a rental surely was not yielding a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Breeland had a nice game but I'm not really sure where you are going with this. Jaire was good. King was fine. Brashaud Breeland was not the missing piece this year.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm lost. Was worth a first or second round pick? To whom? He was a free agent and even if we had signed him for this year, trading him midseason as a rental surely was not yielding a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Breeland had a nice game but I'm not really sure where you are going with this. Jaire was good. King was fine. Brashaud Breeland was not the missing piece this year.

Perhaps I'm reading too much, but I think retaining Breeland might have led us to choosing a different player in high picks. I like Jaire and King so can't complain much, but think of opportunities wasted!

Anyways this is not a Breeland thread...just to highlight areas where we can improve for next season.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm reading too much, but I think retaining Breeland might have led us to choosing a different player in high picks. I like Jaire and King so can't complain much, but think of opportunities wasted!

How so? King was drafted in 2017, Jaire in 2018. Breeland didn't become a Packer until 2018 after both King and Jaire were already here. We didn't take a corner until the 6th round in 2019.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How so? King was drafted in 2017, Jaire in 2018. Breeland didn't become a Packer until 2018 after both King and Jaire were already here. We didn't take a corner until the 6th round in 2019.

Jesus fecking christ...I'need to go back to bed. i have my dates crossed up and pissed off we weren't in this game. Ignore this conversation.

Latest posts