What can we expect tonight?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one of the few who probably get too excited about preseason football. I love it however. I think it's great fun to watch and see the team develop. I'm looking forward to watching Rogers and the young receviers tonight. I'm excited to see what Beightol has done with his offensive line and who in that group is going to turn out to be the next Tauscher. On defense I want to see Thompson at Linebacker and see if the things that I've read about him are true. Can he still play? I'm really excited to see Hawkins and Collins and Underwood and see if these guys have anything. I think tonight we're going to learn a lot about Ted Thompson. It seems he took some fliers on players and took players earlier than a lot of teams had them slotted. I think we'll find out whether Thompson is going to be the next genius or just another bum.

I'm looking to see whether Mike Sherman can get his team up and ready to play even a preseason game because there are so many times when we look at his teams during the season and you wonder, "did we practice this week?" I'm excited to see the difference this new coaching staff makes. I think Mike Sherman and Thompson made some great hires during the off season.

Personally, I look for progress and I think we're going to be better than most of the media think we will be. At least I hope so.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Drew Bree's torching our young inexperience DB group which will do wonders for the kids when the games really count.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawkins Collins Whitticker Rueggamer and Cole will surprise you tonight, this guys will start sometime during this season.. and will do very well !!!! Have faith !!! :twisted: :twisted:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
I am one of the few who probably get too excited about preseason football. I love it however. I think it's great fun to watch and see the team develop. I'm looking forward to watching Rogers and the young receviers tonight. I'm excited to see what Beightol has done with his offensive line and who in that group is going to turn out to be the next Tauscher. On defense I want to see Thompson at Linebacker and see if the things that I've read about him are true. Can he still play? I'm really excited to see Hawkins and Collins and Underwood and see if these guys have anything. I think tonight we're going to learn a lot about Ted Thompson. It seems he took some fliers on players and took players earlier than a lot of teams had them slotted. I think we'll find out whether Thompson is going to be the next genius or just another bum.

I'm looking to see whether Mike Sherman can get his team up and ready to play even a preseason game because there are so many times when we look at his teams during the season and you wonder, "did we practice this week?" I'm excited to see the difference this new coaching staff makes. I think Mike Sherman and Thompson made some great hires during the off season.

Personally, I look for progress and I think we're going to be better than most of the media think we will be. At least I hope so.

Depends...

I expect a LOT of talk on Rodgers after this is over. I also think that Some of the questions on the Dline will be answered.

Also, If we LOSE, expect to hear from Steal wheels for the umpteenth time on... Well, you know.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers who opened as 2 1/2 pt favorites are now 3 pt dogs for tonight game.

Line may move to 3 1/2 pts by game time.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You will see a lot of Aaron Rodgers and JT O'Sullivan At QB. Farve will play very little. They hope he has good first series and he will probably be pulled and Aaron Rodgers will come in then JT O"Sullivan. Packer coaching staff want to see the two young QBs play under real game conditions. It will benefit them a lot. There will many Packer players being paraded in and out of the game, this will be first look how the rookies and new players operate under game conditions. And the coaches will see how the defense is progressing after two weeks in training camp. Also how the new offensive guards are progressing. Remember this is work in progress, evaluating the players and the new defense is more important that winning and if the Packer can do that and win to, all the better!! Remember this Charger team was 13-3 last year, and young Packer players will have opportunity to impress their coaches by having good performances against an excellent Charger team.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always look forward to seeing the youngsters showing their wares, trying to make the team.

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love the Packers and the Chargers, so I am excited. But I want to see Ladanian Tomlinson stiff-arm Carrol like McGahee so that Carrol learns to tackle the waist, not the head. It will be good for him.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always seems like one relatively unknown (Ford, Cullen Jenkins) steps up I am hoping to see a good showing from the LB Manning and I want to see how the O-line and D-lines hold up. The first game is always exciting to see how the rookies perform under the lights.

Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
Improvement.

I agree! However, one should not forget to mention the endless chants of "We are doomed with MS", or "Its over, the Pack suck and we should mail it in", or "The Pack can't win the SB because they lost the first preseason game" from our favourite forum members, SW and P@ck66 . :roll:

Members online

Latest posts