What are your Packer traditions?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Every serious fan has them. Is it a certain bar you watch the games at? Is it a certain food or drink that you HAVE to have during tailgating? Is it a jersey you wear to the games? Is there anything superstitious you do before the games to help the Pack win? I've talked to my buddies about this before and find it very interesting.

I have a few goofy traditions of my own. I have to watch all the away games at the Keewanaw, my favorite bar in Green Bay. When tailgating with my friends, there are a few things we have to have at Lambeau....homemade Baileys (really warms you up when its cold out) and my friend's mom always makes BBQ meatballs for us. My only superstitious thing is that every time I was through the entrance way to the bowl to get to my seat from the concourse I MUST slap the top of the entrance way where it says Sec. 121. If I don't I feel I have cursed the team on that day.

I have a tradition that I've been doing for the last 6 years, since I was 20. Every year on April 9, (Curly Lambeau's bday) I put flowers on his grave at Allouez Catholic Cemetary. If anyone wants to start going with me, they are more than welcome to come along.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
If my kids don't wear their Packer jerseys during the game we have no chance. A couple years ago that night game versus Denver that we won in OT... My oldest son was sleeping in his crib and my wife had the audacity to put him down in normal pjs. The Pack was playing like hell so I made her wake him up and put his jersey back on for sleep time - she did and we won in on the first play in OT on that long bomb from brINT to Jennings...

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
If my kids don't wear their Packer jerseys during the game we have no chance. A couple years ago that night game versus Denver that we won in OT... My oldest son was sleeping in his crib and my wife had the audacity to put him down in normal pjs. The Pack was playing like hell so I made her wake him up and put his jersey back on for sleep time - she did and we won in OT on a bomb.

Haha, nice.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Packer Traditions? I guess being Packer fans. LOL Everybody in my family is one... guess you could say it's a tradition.

Other than that. Swearing at the T.V. when they do stupid things.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I always wear my Al Harris Jersey on Sunday whether we play or not (only during the season of course). And when we do play I MUST yell at Grant 5 times and call him at least 25 obscene names when he trips over the line of scrimmage.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I always wear my Al Harris Jersey on Sunday whether we play or not (only during the season of course). And when we do play I MUST yell at Grant 5 times and call him at least 25 obscene names when he trips over the line of scrimmage.

Haha, he does have a tendency to trip on that pesky line of scrimmage.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
This just started this year, but I wear these every gameday:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have almost zero traditions...

Drink during games.

Watch the games completely separated from the outside world (except going online for ranting purposes, and, OF COURSE, for Bush bashing).

Change the way I seat if we're not doing okay.

Never watch a Brett Favre game (I was the guy to blame, you all! Since 2007, that is. Every game we lost in that year I didn't see it. The NFCC game, the connection went down during OT. In 08, that monster game he had? Was watching. Worse, in 09, the SF game? I only started watching that game in the final drive... Same against Baltimore. Didn't watch against the Steelers. Watched the Packers games. Didn't watch the Bears game. The curse was broken, however, when I watched the NFCC game!)

Guess that's it... Had to let it out on the BF thing... Please go easy on me!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no real traditions. The only thing I do on gameday is try my best to watch the Pack, which can be hard sometimes in UK. Good bless MyP2P

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sittin down at my dads house and having a beer. wearing my Sterling Sharpe jersey

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wear my Packers tie to work every Saturday during the season...

Without that, we might as well kiss the season goodbye...

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every serious fan has them. Is it a certain bar you watch the games at? Is it a certain food or drink that you HAVE to have during tailgating? Is it a jersey you wear to the games? Is there anything superstitious you do before the games to help the Pack win? I've talked to my buddies about this before and find it very interesting.

I have a few goofy traditions of my own. I have to watch all the away games at the Keewanaw, my favorite bar in Green Bay. When tailgating with my friends, there are a few things we have to have at Lambeau....homemade Baileys (really warms you up when its cold out) and my friend's mom always makes BBQ meatballs for us. My only superstitious thing is that every time I was through the entrance way to the bowl to get to my seat from the concourse I MUST slap the top of the entrance way where it says Sec. 121. If I don't I feel I have cursed the team on that day.

I have a tradition that I've been doing for the last 6 years, since I was 20. Every year on April 9, (Curly Lambeau's bday) I put flowers on his grave at Allouez Catholic Cemetary. If anyone wants to start going with me, they are more than welcome to come along.

That cemetary visit is awesome. I have to wear at least 50% green and gold on game day, but usually head to toe. I also listen to the Packers Radio Network and turn down the tv sound. Sometimes they don't sync but it's better to have Larry and Wayne tell me what's going on in the game, because they are feeling it.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I have tried to come out to see what one of my Packers' jersey is the winniest, and found out if I wear my Favre one we lose terribly, I wore it the whole TB game and look what happened, and I tried wearing it on Thanksgiving, and after Nelson's fumble, I took it off.

I do my best to wear Green and Gold on Sundays if I work, green pants with a yellow shirt, but work changed that policy on me.

But I will always have the timeless tradition of punching my brother on Packer/Bears games. I kind of made him want the packers to win because I don't hit as hard or as much. (Bears fans deserve to know they are inferior beings.)

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch every single game with my Older brother (Woodson Jersey), my Cousin (Rodgers Jersey), and my mom, aunt, and Grandma. I always wear my Jennings jersey. We watch every game at Native New Yorker sports bar. Every time we complain about how terrible the food and service is. Still we go there every game. My brother, cousin and I like to role play during the game. For example if Jennings drops a pass, I am shunned generally until he redeems himself (lucky for us he usually does ;) ) But every time we make a connection, my cousin and I usually tell the other good job. This leaves my brother in charge of defense, so we usually talk **** to each other when the others team isn't doing their job so well. One time we realized that we can't win if Granmda isn't there, so she's no longer allowed to leave to go sleep until the game is over. Our rallying is always Irish car bombs. Keep in mind its usually about 10 in the morning during rally time here. How the game turns out generally determines our mood for the rest of the week. If we lose, generally the car ride home is extremely silent and we don't speak of it too much. When they are bitter losses, like to the vikings the second time for instance, my brother and cousin usually come close to fisticuffs with opposing fans whilst I try to alleviate the situation.

Generally always a good family bonding experience.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
That cemetary visit is awesome. I have to wear at least 50% green and gold on game day, but usually head to toe. I also listen to the Packers Radio Network and turn down the tv sound. Sometimes they don't sync but it's better to have Larry and Wayne tell me what's going on in the game, because they are feeling it.

I would love to get a few more people to go with me to respectfully visit Curly's grave and place some flowers on his birthday. Yeah, I never knew the guy, but he gave my hometown the biggest and best gift and legacy anyone could ever ask for. He is a legend and a hero to me, and the father of Green Bay.

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need to get me some of this Packers radio. wonder if I could get it in the UK somehow? Can it be listened to online when season starts?

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put my Driver jersey on as soon as I get out of bed, shortly followed by putting my sons Rodgers jersey on him. If its not on TV here in Charlotte I head to Angry Ales to watch the game w/ a friend I met down here whos a Die Hard Packer fan too. I always call my dad in PA before the games for some extra GB luck.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

During the Winter Months i have to drink eggnog. Thats my good luck charm.

I had no eggnog during the Pack Steelers game and we all know what happen.

And wearing my Rodgers Jersey

Members online

Latest posts