what are we waiting for?

ag

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what more does mike s. have to prove. unless bret goes crazy in the playoffs, we have no chance of winning more than one game. mike has had his time and has not done the job. we are awful defensively and have had very few exceptional draft picks and many wash outs. our team is not progressing. since there is no such thing as staying the same than..... mike s. has to go. mike s. has to go mike s. has to go. this is a mantra i can live with. even if we were to advance in the playoffs, i would still remove him. he does not have a good football team and anything that might happen from here on is going to be luck and bret and ahmans'doing not anything mike has developed.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that.. how many times does Batman get to be losing the ball, before they sit him down.. geez - I kept yelling for Fisher to be brought in... finally they got around to it, but not before Ahman lost it twice! And, Rossley oughta be shot for calling that EndZone play from TWO YEARS ago.. to Bubba Franks.. I am quite sure Jacksonville remembered that one from Jack Del Rio's days with the Vikings.

I don't care where they put him as long as he doesn't get in the way or have any power to stop the Packers from returning to what we have gotten used to during the last decade... this nonsense is just plain awful.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The end of the season

No point in firing anyone now I guess but at the end of the season major changes in GM and coaching staff MUST be made. Sherman has no clue how to handle free agency. He let the Lions dictate how much we were going to pay Diggs when he didn't have to let it get to that point. Rossley and Slowik are just plain bad.
GET ER DONE!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The end of the season

yooperfan said:
No point in firing anyone now I guess but at the end of the season major changes in GM and coaching staff MUST be made. Sherman has no clue how to handle free agency. He let the Lions dictate how much we were going to pay Diggs when he didn't have to let it get to that point. Rossley and Slowik are just plain bad.
GET ER DONE!

agreed.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure wish we would have dumped Magic Mike at the end of last season and got Mooch before the ***** did. We could have looked forward to seeing brett in a packer uniform for years to come.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ehh...i hear a lot of complaints about sherman not having a killer instinct, well guess what...same ideals. mooch doesn't go for the kill, and im not sure what gave you that idea. stevey is the picture perfect politician/coach. he's a *****.

im sick of fans calling for shermans head without recommending a credible replacement...

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
ehh...i hear a lot of complaints about sherman not having a killer instinct, well guess what...same ideals. mooch doesn't go for the kill, and im not sure what gave you that idea. stevey is the picture perfect politician/coach. he's a *****.

im sick of fans calling for shermans head without recommending a credible replacement...
Mariucci had a good run in SanFran... so, let's don't harp about his lack of skills. I don't believe he would be FT material either tho -- from what I undersand, him and Harlan didn't always agree on things.. but that's just rumors, I guess.
I'd prefer to have a Coach that will light a fire under these guys and use one as an example now and then to the others.. instead of the churchmouse routine. It's very appparent the Players own this Coach. It's probably alll over the League by now that Sherman's an easy mark.. So, none of the better players are gonna come in there and do their utmost best... not like they did when Reggie White was there... (it wasn't all Holmgren, ya know) Here's a good example: If Art Shell gets that Miami job, you watch the better talent make roads to Miami - him, they respect! He's one of the few Coaches I know of that got fired with winning records... maybe him and Sherman have a few things in common, but being afraid to curse on the football field ain't one of 'em! A Coach needs to be ready to chew guys a new ***-hole.. and do it in front of the others... Sherman hardly ever goes near such a stunt, let alone actually do it. Trouble is - how many Coaches are there to pick from right now.. several are actually heading back to the College ranks, like Pete Carroll did. And, I wouldn't want him either.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets hear your replacement then. I'm sick of people casting insults just because the packers lost. Take a look at the niners this year and last. This will tell you what mooch did for the niners. He coached for a man who wouldn't spend a dime on players and only worried about the bottom line $$$$$$$$$

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
Well lets hear your replacement then. I'm sick of people casting insults just because the packers lost. Take a look at the niners this year and last. This will tell you what mooch did for the niners. He coached for a man who wouldn't spend a dime on players and only worried about the bottom line $$$$$$$$$

im not calling for shermans head, thats why you won't hear my replacement. there's no question he needs to step down from his GM position, but i don't know the first thing about GM's so i can't really comment on that.

as for the niners comment, im not trying to insult you at all but thats just wrong. the reason why niners are a mess now is because that team was dismantled, not because mooch left. also, while mooch was there donahue spent too much money on players...thats why their in the position they're in right now.

my original point was that mooch is soft, thats all. a lot of the same things sherman is criticized for mariucci is as well. i just don't think he's the man for the job...besides, how long is his detroit contract anyway?

oh yeah, gotarace, just hit that quote button in somebodies post if you want ot address them...it's easier than the copy and paste deal.

Members online

Latest posts