What are we going to do about a pass rusher?

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce Irvin is our answer! You all know about him, played DE but perfect size and speed for a ROLB. Dude is a beast.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

*crosses fingers*

I would love if we trade out of the first round for a early second round pick and got him and a big DE. Bruce's speed is insaneeeee.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We only lost 2 games last year. Both were due to the offense not the defense.

That being said if you draft someone you don't expect them to excel for at least a season or two. Therefore the answer is someone that's already on the team. Who? No idea. But the defense will get better.
The loss to KC was mostly offense as we couldn't catch the ball but at the same time when Matthews is our biggest & sometimes only pass rusher you got to get that man some help. We could use another Gilbert Brown in the line up as well Raji is good but we do need some help on D

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love if we trade out of the first round for a early second round pick and got him and a big DE. Bruce's speed is insaneeeee.
I dont know. He wasn't a full time player at West Virginia. He was a HS drop out who appears had a change of lifestyle. He would have to convince me that he has indeed changed his ways and is now dedicated to becoming an impact player. If so, his physical abilities are amazing and he can be as good as he wants to be.

Classic boom or bust. Do you get Clay Matthews or Justin Harrell?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a feeling we weren't going to make a splash in free agency as usual, which is normally okay but we have a glaring need for a dominant pass rusher. My question is, since we won't acquire one in FA, who do we get in the draft that fills this role right away?
They have been working in the lab working on cloning a couple more Clay Matthews, very secretly.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody know what happened to Ricky Elmore? OLB we drafted in like 7th round last year? I remember seeing video of him (most notably one where he jumps out of a 4ft. Pool) and thinking he was going to be nice late round pick but never heard anything on him all year

He was cut last year, I'm assuming jumping out of pools didn't translate into NFL talent. Who woulda thunk it?

L

Lunchboxer

The problem was 50% on personnel Mike Neal wasnt the player TT expected. And 50% on Don Capers. Always playing 10 yards off of LoS every play is pretty bad. And dident make necessarily adjustments after the Chiefs game.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone know much about Adrian Hamilton? Looks like a beast sleeper

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another top pass rusher would be nice but we also need a top tier RB.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that having Bishop would have been huge for the defense as well. He was pretty good at blitzing from the inside lb spot.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Another top pass rusher would be nice but we also need a top tier RB.

Being a pass first team, a top teir RB would do nothing but drain our team wallet. Big time RB's are not cheap. I will take the no-name mid level RB over a top teir guy any day. As long as Arod is upright and breathing, we will not be a run team. Plus, our O line is not built for run blocking.....or any real blocking much less...lol

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a pass first team, a top teir RB would do nothing but drain our team wallet. Big time RB's are not cheap. I will take the no-name mid level RB over a top teir guy any day. As long as Arod is upright and breathing, we will not be a run team. Plus, our O line is not built for run blocking.....or any real blocking much less...lol
We may not be a run first team but if we want to keep Rodgers up right we have to have a decent running game & as far as the dollar amount there's. cap on rookie contracts......lol

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
We may not be a run first team but if we want to keep Rodgers up right we have to have a decent running game & as far as the dollar amount there's. cap on rookie contracts......lol

We have to see what we have now will pan out and do for us. You never know, once harris learns the run game better, he may turn out to be a gem. Plus, we have to re-sign some HUGE names on the team and have to watch our wallets.

We had our chance last draft to solve the RB situation, but TT does not normally draft a good RB. Doug Martin was available and has turned out to be a BEAST in the run game for tampa bay. I know if he keeps that type of play up, he will cost them a chunk-o-change.

We are a pass first team, I say we stay that way and hope that TT can find us a gem RB or just see what happens with what we have in stock already.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass block or run block. Can't have an offense with both.

Rodgers holds the ball longer than any QB, if you want to take a hard look at why he gets hit so much, start with Rodgers.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass block or run block. Can't have an offense with both.

Rodgers holds the ball longer than any QB, if you want to take a hard look at why he gets hit so much, start with Rodgers.

I can agree to this. Sometimes i find myself yelling at the tv throw it away!!! however he doesn't have the luxury to just stand in the pocket like a statue on a consistent basis like ole Brady boy or Payton Manning. If Rodgers had either of those o-lines he'd break every single season passing record.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to see what we have now will pan out and do for us. You never know, once harris learns the run game better, he may turn out to be a gem. Plus, we have to re-sign some HUGE names on the team and have to watch our wallets.

We had our chance last draft to solve the RB situation, but TT does not normally draft a good RB. Doug Martin was available and has turned out to be a BEAST in the run game for tampa bay. I know if he keeps that type of play up, he will cost them a chunk-o-change.

We are a pass first team, I say we stay that way and hope that TT can find us a gem RB or just see what happens with what we have in stock already.
That'd be great if Harris could pick it up & get into beast mode. Look at Brady he got drafted 199th. That was a totally sweet deal for the Pats. Grant seems to be doin alright when he's on the field minus that fumble. TT may take another look at Grant for next yr. IMO the Packers will get w/CW & either re-nogociate his contract or cut him as he's supposed to make about $6.4M the next 2 yrs.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Well, for the past month, we've had a decent running game. Actually, it's been decent all year. We just don't need to go to it much.

Members online

Latest posts