What are they going to do cut me?

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
All I can say is wow, never did I think those words would come out of Brett Favre's mouth. I wanted him to come back for 1 or 2 more years, but Iam starting to wonder if he thinks he is above the team, also wondering if you guys think if he is acting any better than walker. I guess Iam just wondering what you guys think?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that particular comment rubbed me the wrong way too...it could have been taken out of context, but it certainly does have the "holier than thou," I'm bigger than the team feel to it.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
geez people - my guess is he was just jokin around - every little word that comes out of his mouth is scrutinized ad infinitum - it's insane!!!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we're all to blame for that, 4packgirl...announcers analyzed the way Favre winked at his wife on the sidelines to determine whether he was coming back this year.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My God people get a grip! 15 years of doing nothing but the right thing for this franchise and all of a sudden he is being compared to Walker. Don't you think the press may be getting a little carried away with this? Maybe he is trying to wake up Harpo. If you are going to quote him, quote the entire article. He clearly, once again, states that he wants to come back but if the Packer brass isn't going to fight to put a competitive team on the field THIS YEAR he will retire. He even states that this will be his last season if he comes back.

Now what has TT done to show he wants to put a competitive team on the field THIS YEAR? It's a rhetorical question so don't turn this thread into a "Manuel is the best safety in the league" thread. It is pretty clear to me that MM wants Brett to return for another year, but it is even clearer that TT wants him to retire.

I've said it over and over, TT should have the balls to tell Brett they don't want him back or cut him. Do your job TT.

Those of you so quick to turn on Brett ought to think about where you stand. Who is the real "Packer person"...Brett Favre or TT.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't know if that was directed towards me or not, DePack, but I don't agree with the walker comment made, I was just saying that the quote which was referenced had an arrogant feel to it...though I admitted it could have been taken out of context so I don't read into it too much.

As for TT...I think you may be right about his feelings towards Favre...I get the impression that he feels BF is the last piece in the way that's preventing him from putting his stamp on the team and building it the way he wants.

Does that make either one more or less of a real Packer person? It looks like Brett wants to win TODAY, and TT wants to slowly build for tomorrow. Assuming my simplistic observation is correct, I don't blame either one for feeling that way, nor do I think either one is necessarily wrong/right. TT wants to make sure he's not pissing away $$$ on sub-par players just to make Brett happy, and Brett hates to see his career end on a dud. Again...is either one wrong?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
geez people - my guess is he was just jokin around - every little word that comes out of his mouth is scrutinized ad infinitum - it's insane!!!

"ad infinitum"... nice, but but i think what you meant was either ad nauseum or ad absurdum. haahaha

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post DePack,
Some folks are saying Favre is holding the packers hostage.
Brett Favre is not holding the Packers hostage, Teddy has the car keys and is behind the wheel, Favre is just a passenger in the car.
Teddy can tell Brett to Buckle up or get out but he doesn't have the guts to do that.
Instead he sends mixed messages; I'll tell him I want him back but I won't do anything to show that I REALLY want him back.
Favre is a "Packer Person", which puts him in a hard spot, he knows if he retires he will be letting his team and his fans down, on the other hand why work for a person who doesn't really want you back.

If I was in Brett Favres shoes I would retire. The real Packer fans would understand.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
My God people get a grip! 15 years of doing nothing but the right thing for this franchise and all of a sudden he is being compared to Walker. Don't you think the press may be getting a little carried away with this? Maybe he is trying to wake up Harpo. If you are going to quote him, quote the entire article. He clearly, once again, states that he wants to come back but if the Packer brass isn't going to fight to put a competitive team on the field THIS YEAR he will retire. He even states that this will be his last season if he comes back.

Now what has TT done to show he wants to put a competitive team on the field THIS YEAR? It's a rhetorical question so don't turn this thread into a "Manuel is the best safety in the league" thread. It is pretty clear to me that MM wants Brett to return for another year, but it is even clearer that TT wants him to retire.

I've said it over and over, TT should have the balls to tell Brett they don't want him back or cut him. Do your job TT.

Those of you so quick to turn on Brett ought to think about where you stand. Who is the real "Packer person"...Brett Favre or TT

Ok De Pack I owe you this, you have been saying the same thing ever since TT got the job, at first I got the idea that you liked Shermy a lot so your feelings about TT were more or less influenced a lot for that issue.

In the begining I was a big TT supporter, I think he did the right thing most of the time, now specially after the way he handled Jim Bates, the way he is handling Brett, the FA signings, the way he handles the media, the fans, the way he handled Vinatieri, etc. I can only say that I am getting every day closer to your side of thought.

I think you are 100% right on this post.

This is only my humble little opinion, by the way when #4 said "what are they going to do cut me?" it is clear he was kind of joking for God´s sake......

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
4packgirl said:

"ad infinitum"... nice, but but i think what you meant was either ad nauseum or ad absurdum. haahaha
Actually, it is a word.

OP
OP
P

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
I should of also stated that this is not all Bretts fault, I am starting to wonder though whats going on at Packer headquarters and whats being said behind closed doors.
now we seem to have two of our star players (Favre and Walker) not to happy were this team is heading. I am going to give TT a chance but becoming kind of clear he's got a lot of learning to do about being a
GM, things do appear on the outside that things are kinda of getting out of control in packerland (Favre and Walker).
This is maybe what Brett could of done, he should of announced he was coming back before FA started, now that would of put the pressure off himself and on to TT to sign players and also send a message to free agents that brett's going to play another year or two so maybe I will give green bay a chance. And than in june if TT didn't make the moves to have a competitive team than Brett could of called it quits and I don't think anybody would of blamed him. Sorry about my rambling thoughts but this soap opera is getting really old fast and starting to make the Packer org look like a joke.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfanfourever said:
All I can say is wow, never did I think those words would come out of Brett Favre's mouth. I wanted him to come back for 1 or 2 more years, but Iam starting to wonder if he thinks he is above the team, also wondering if you guys think if he is acting any better than walker. I guess Iam just wondering what you guys think?

Actually Brett has made the comment that he's not holding up the team because GB could just cut him rather than wait for a decision.

The media continues to suggest that Favre is hurting the Packers because he hasn't made a decision yet, but how is that hurting the team? TT already has a young successor in the wings -- get him ready to play. There's still plenty of cap space, so Favre's contract isn't hurting anything. Both mccarthy and TT say they have a plan in place to improve this team, which still happening with or without Brett. Plus, as Favre has pointed out, if GB really wants to move on, then TT can just cut him -- it's a statement that he's not above the team.
-- so I ask again, how is Favre waiting to make a decision hurting the team?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
bozz_2006 said:
4packgirl said:

Actually, it is a word.

i know it's word. it means 'to infinity', but my words mean 'to nausea' and 'to absurdity'. they're words, too. it was a joke. you didn't get it.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby...how is favre waiting hurting the team?

AR was picked because he was best available in the 2005 draft...not necessarily because he will be the qb to lead the packers for years to come. The Pack still need some veteran around in case AR doesn't work out, and if Favre retires now, we just lost an entire FA season to get that vet.

Furthermore...Favre's presence on the roster used to attract FAs (Reggie White the most notable...who was willing to take less $$$ to play for GB)...he isn't attracting too many when nobody knows if he'll be around yet.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
JeezusJuice said:
[quote="bozz_2006":2r7gigv1]
4packgirl said:

Actually, it is a word.

i know it's word. it means 'to infinity', but my words mean 'to nausea' and 'to absurdity'. they're words, too. it was a joke. you didn't get it.[/quote:2r7gigv1]

ooh ooh - i got it - i got it, bozz!! :wink: :lol:

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
moderators: Earlier this evening I made a post on this topic on another thread. Now I come back to find that that thread (the one started by tromadz) has been locked, and I was bumped over to this thread, which has gone off-topic and degenerated into a series of one-liners. The entire flow of the thread I posted on has now been lost.

My question is this: What is the harm of having more than one thread on a topic that is generating lots of discussion? This is a great forum, and I appreciate the work you guys do to clean up the messes, but I don't see the value in locking threads that are perfectly fine.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JeezusJuice said:
bozz_2006 said:
4packgirl said:

Actually, it is a word.

I am thinking you would be a great online chatter. or a serisous one liner talker. i actually liked the quote

"ad infinitum"... nice, but but i think what you meant was either ad nauseum or ad absurdum. haahaha[/quote]

caught it right away. whereas I think you did miss it lol :)

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but it got locked. The only reason I cut and paste it here is because even though I'm not a packer fan, I hate it when a player acts like he's better than the team.

Man, what a *******. I know he's your hero, but he thinks he is so wonderful no one can touch him. If I were your new coach I would cut his *** NOW just to be an example that no one is above the team. The fact that it's been this long and he's still undecided tells me that he may never be confident he wants to come back. I think he'll retire. And I think the team will be better because of it. When a person becomes as self centered and arrogant as Favre has become, he can only cause problems for the whole team. That might have been part of the problem last year. His attitude of having to carry the team because they're so bad and he's so good might have divided the team. And we all saw what happened when he tried to carry the team himself. Brett was a great qb, but now his ego has gotten the best of him. Just the way he has handeled this offseason may be enough to seperate the team already. I've never heard of a player who told the team they had to prove they were good enough for him to play for. Players who think they are above the team and forget to humble themselves are stepping into terrell owens land. Favre is very close to that right now.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts